Royal View Hotel
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Cordis Official
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$230
Hotels.com
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$316
Hotel ICON Official Website
US$178
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$157
US$118
US$196
US$146
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
US$128
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
US$679
US$364
Trip.com
1,060 results
All reviewstsuen wanlido beachshuttle bustsing ma bridgeshuttle servicemtr stationswimming poolprovide shuttlemountain viewclose to the airportnon smokinghk dollarsthe hotel offershotel is situatedbreakfast buffethousekeeping staffhotel room
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Learned that my reservation to another hotel was not confirmed and stumbled on this hotel through TripAdvisor.com. Yes, it is a 20 minute taxi ride for 180 & 200 HKD, but far short of the 900 HKD quoted elsewhere. Front desk staff told me internet was additional, but when I showed them my pre-paid itinerary showing free internet, they took it off. I forgot to request non-smoking room and the room odor was noticeable and did impact sleep, but no fault of hotel. No noise from overhead bridge.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank facorsig
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel tduring our trip to HK for a very reasonable price. Rooms were clean, and in my opinion roomy by HK standard. It has all the amenities and the hotel staff were helpful and friendly during our stay. Free internet (included in our booking) was a big plus.

Location wise, we made use of the hotel shuttle to Tsuen Wan (convenient from Tsuen Wan to catch MTR to other places in HK) and mini bus 96M. It's a little bit inconvenient as the shuttle buses are not awfully frequent (one every half hour during some time of the day, and more frequent at other times) and there are also no shops around the hotel, but Tsuen Wan has everything that is needed, including plenty of good food, shops, laundry service and restaurants.

For the price and the quality of the rooms, highly recommended if you know your way around the MTR and Tsuen Wan!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alkanoate
Reviewed 30 December 2010

i was accommodated in this hotel as complimentary stay by Cathay
pacific airlines. First of all when we reached the hotel at about 10:00 A.M, on 23/12/2010, the clerk at desk told us room is not ready and we should wait till 11:30 A.M. When I protested strongly they alloted a room after nearly half an hour. Then the clerk asked me to give credit card for reference. I had only debit card and I gave it. Shockingly he charged HK $500. I told him he cannot make any charges as my stay was complimentary. Also my card was a debit card and the amount will be transfered immediately. The blank look on his face showed his dumbness on the subject. He assured me that when we vacate he will reverse the charges. But so far it has not happened. I have taken up with Cathay Pacific Airlines. So beware dont give any credit card or debit card to them.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Far away from establishments, shopping malls and MTRs.
You need to return back early at the pick-up point for you to catch the last trip of shuttle, unless you are willing to pay 900HKD for a cab. Having a second thought whether you go to the night market or enjoy the Victoria Peak at night?
Better think of the time you spend travelling from hotel going to the malls and other attractions in HK, then you will find out it will cost you an hour for a one way trip to the nearest decent shopping mall.
Poor Hotel Staff services

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

GOOD
Hotel rooms are clean and new. Hotel cafe buffet breakfast is cheap, tasty. There are even healthy options if you prefer. Close to Sham Tseng if you want to try the BBQ goose. Close to the Airport. Very good value hotel if you compare it with the astronomical prices of hotels in Central and TST. It is closer to everything than the Gold Coast Hotel which is another 20 mins West of here.

BAD
Bit far from central and TST, though the shuttle bus to Mong Kok and TST is good. There are plenty of mini buses or KMB buses to get you to and from Tsuen Wan for the shopping. 96M or the 234A buses served us well.

No need to go for the expensive seaview rooms. The view from the hotel rooms at the top level are no better than those below.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank EasyGoingTraveller3