“Poor conditions” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #131 of 158 Speciality Lodging in Hong Kong
Krakow, Poland
“Poor conditions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

The hotel had very poor conditions, I will never come back here, ever. The rooms were very, very dirty and horrible. The staff was rude and unfriendly. Staff tried to trick us into saying that we didnt book anything and have to book again. Horrible. Never again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HONdominik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Macau, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have to give 1 point to this Hostel because i cannot put 0!
Arriving at the Hostel building we faced an unsafe place, full of people offering illegal things and even drugs. I believe there are illegal immigrants on this building, as when we arrived the building was closed in all the entrances by the police, and they were going up on the elevators to check the place! It was very impressive which kind of place we had booked!
Moreover, when we received the room the experience was even worst. The room was so small and nothing you see on the website and the pictures are completly a lie. The linens and the coach was smelling horrible, not hygiene on this place at all.. WE HAD TO COVER THE BED WITH OUR CLOTHES TO SLEEP OVER! Extremely unsafe, scary, very dirty and disgusting place! Dont even think to stay here or in the ChunKing Mansions, no matter what.

Room Tip: Dont stay here and dont believe the pictures of the rooms on the website, its a lie!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank giulianm_13

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

We had booked another hotel on the same floor but were tricked by the staff intio believing their hostel was the right one. One of the owners claimed, when asked multiple times, that it was the right hostel. The receptionists acted as if they confirmed our booking through hostelworld and we payed for the first night. We were then awoken by a mad woman, the other owner, and argued for 30 minutes before seeing the sign AT THE BACK of the lobby, i.e. not in sight unless you walk out.

We called the police who couldn't do anything about it. After an hour of arguing and almost fighting we had to accept that we were scammed and had to pay for botg the night at Taiwan and the night at the hostel we had really booked.

Others mentioned that the police had been there the night before, which I can understand seeing as the management are a group of conmen and thieves. The only way I'm going back there is in order to buy and shut the place down. Or maybe just cement the whole floor.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Storchillarn
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here twice. First, when I was with my friend and it was just an overnight stay. That was March of 2012 and it was so cold and I'm so tired, I just enjoyed my sleep and then check out the next day to be with my other friend in their hotel. The second time I was in HK, I had to meet my dad and stepmom. It was a family reunion actually. Coincidentally, my stepmom also chose this hotel cause they were so tired from their 18 hour flight and this was their first hostel to visit and they decided to stay here. They booked 3 rooms for 4 nights. A room for them, mine and my aunt, and the 3rd room is for my stepmom's family.

On our first night we stayed in the biggest twin room. Aircon's fine. It was clean. Wifi is okay and fast, though there are times that you can't connect and you have to move around your bed to be connected again. The second night, we have to move in a smaller (real small) room, from the bed, just one step and you're in the bathroom. It's so small you can't even walk around. Aircon and wifi are still okay but the room smells bad. I think it comes from the drainage in the bathroom. When the aircon's off and you go out, when you come back.. UUGH!

Customer service is poor. The lady receptionist is very rude. She and my dad even argued because of her attitude. Though, the manager and another guy receptionist are nicewith us (maybe because they are scared with my dad). I think they should really improve customer service. Make their customers feel that they are welcome and at home. Learn how to be polite and accommodating as well.

Location is great. It's near the bus stop, MTR, malls, and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mizzdimple
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Please please read the reviews on here and hostelworld beore you book into this hotel. I booked 2 nights for my boyfriend and I before we were due to fly home after a 9 month trip, we'd stayed in Chungking Mansions before so knew what to expect of the standard of accommodation. I can only take the other reviews word for the room standards as we didn't even get into to take a look, but the staff were shockingly rude.

We were delayed at the airport and arrived at the hostel at 3pm after having given a preliminary time of 1pm when we booked 1 month ago. Apparently this hostels policy is to not hold the room if you do not show by 2pm. So we ended up having to search pretty much the rest of the block to find another room at a dearer price and are still being charged for 1 nights full price stay.

I queried this with hostelworld.com and the hostel is apparently within their rights to do so, despite it not being common practice for most other hostels. Speaking to the our current hotel receptionist who we are staying with now, this hostel has a reputation for giving away reserved rooms and then claiming full payment from the customer as a "no-show".

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Charlotte P
Beaufort, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

As the other reviews said, this hotel is terrible, rude reception , room hyper small, smell smoking, no law enforcement to the non smoking policy. I believe the smoke alarm in the room are turn off. Also noisy . The good point if is cheap when you book , I hear the manager told a family the cost of the room is HK$1000, depending the customers race or color, and his mood .the bed was made every day, and there is split system and TV in the room. The location is good. I got a towel with no problem, on my second visit , the reception was much better it was a female probably his wife, she is more nice then him. Well for the price you take it or live out.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gheefrenchie
Amphoe Muang Lamphun, Lamphun, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was there on 29th October, I went to Hongkong with my colleague. When we check-in, young guy staff asked 200 HKD for key deposit from us. He gave a receipt with written down 200 HKD there. When We check-out, old guy staff(he told us that young guy will come to work late). He erased 200 HKD in a receipt and wrote down 100 HKD for key deposit.
Then we asked him about the wrong price there, he was so rude, impolite and very aggressive.
He talked with us like a badly, like we are cheating with him.
Moreover, we had the argument each other and he said rude with us. that was so bad with the tourists.
Finally, we can't do anything, so we accept money back just 100 HKD because we had no time to wait for money.

Before we leave, The old guy staff said very rude with us again
I promise that I will never come to this hotel ever.
If he does like this with the tourists, he will not success in his life EVER!

Room Tip: Don't go there, please choose other choices!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends