“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #133 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at JJ Hotel the end of September for 2 nights. We had read about how small hotel rooms were in Hong Kong so we were pleasantly surprised with the room - plenty big enough and a great size comfortable bed. The glass shower has blinds if you want some privacy. The reception staff were welcoming and helpful. Happy too store our bags for us when we checked out. Cab from the airport to the hotel was 50HKD - make sure you have the hotel address for the cab driver. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on level 10. Room was at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

For the price I'm paying, it is qualified with a 5 stars rating. Location wise, it is not so near to Wanchai MTR as there are other hotels that are nearer, but it's very convenient using trams. Room is clean and spacious. I can heard very little noise from the street downstairs but it's still acceptable. The only complain is the pillow was too soft.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mosiangcloud
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stay only a few nights at the JJ hotel first impression were of a very small hotel which would be noisy and have small rooms.
However on checking in we were surpised to find the rooms were of a very generous size.
When in the room we experience no road noise or any other noisy from outside.
The facilities provided are more than exceptable for the price and have easy access to MTR and tram connections within a few minutes of the hotel is great.
Would definetly look at staying at The JJ hotel again. Having stayed at other hotels within the same area of Hong Kong before and have paid almost double and recieved a smaller room. I believe The JJ hotel is a great choice

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 288aday288
Sydney
Reviewed 23 August 2013

It could have been a fabulous experience but IMO, the staff are not trained to provide quality service. Great location, close to the Wan Chai MRT, with trams running closeby. The bus stops of A11 and e11 buses from HKIA airport to city and return are relatively closeby. What I can't get over is the pre-authorisation for one night and then charging 3 nights for our stay. I am fine with the pre-authorisation for one night and on arrival, charge for two nights but not with the former, as well as insisting on a deposit. Not happy.

Room is relatively spacious and clean. Bed is comfortable. Location central but no lobby which makes it difficult to hang around when it is raining. I also didn't like the fact that there is no complimentary late checkout. Received a call at approx 11am to be reminded of 12pm checkout. I wondered what would happen if we were late in checking out but really didn't want to risk it, in case they decide to penalise us even if we were a few minutes late. I just felt rushed and little consideration given that we were late in checking in. I was going to stay a night on my return to Sydney but decided to cancel my booking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cupert
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel room was a decent size for HK, clean and modern with good facilities such as Flat screen TV and DVD player. Glass bathroom with good shower. Went on HK rugby sevens weekend, all hotels are overpriced then, but normally this hotel would be good value

The hotel pre authorised my first night in advance, when I arrived at the hotel I had to pay for the two nights I was staying and they said they would pay back the pre authorised payment within 15 days. In addition they wanted to take a 500 HKD deposit off the card which would get paid back within 30 days, I refused and paid cash which they gave back to me on departure. Not sure why there is a deposit, no mini bar or any restaurant or bar where you could run up a tab

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan C
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Big, comfortable room with 4 star amenities. But the staff treat guests as potential rogues: deposit on the credit card on the day of booking. Payment of the full stay at check in. Payment of an additional deposit at check in. I had laundry to clean: I received a call to visit the reception to sign one more paper to justify and confirm my laundry. The staff woke me up at 10:45: mr. don't forget that check out time is 12:00.... I can agree with deposits, but it should be collected by a less aggressive way. The behavior of the staff can ruin your journey. Never again, however I liked the location and the comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank ben77777
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I do not understand how anyone could possibly rate this hotel lower than 4 stars. When evaluating a hotel I factor in sleep comfort, how clean the place is nd security. This place excelled in all 3 categories.

For those who complained the hotel is hard to find, I disagree. As a first timer to Asia, me and my wife found this hotel within 5 minutes of getting off the E11 bus from the airport. It's in a very lively neighborhood not dangerous at all, the hotel owns floors 9 to 12 of the building, we had room 1203 overlooking the street. The room was spacious with a huge king size bed, so comfortable we slept 13 hours on our first night. The place is very clean and cozy, no noise, not een from other rooms, for 70 euros a night, a bargain!!

Currently on a 4 week Asia trip we are coming back early September for another night andI am certainly looking forward to it. There is no breakfast served but tons of shops and places to eat at the foot of the building.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple