“Nice & Cheap Hotel”
Review of JJ Hotel

JJ Hotel
Ranked #132 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Room is nice , big , clean with facilities such as wifi , TV. Information Counter is nice and friendly , I send my travel route a few week before boarding How can we get on and off in MTR Station. Her quick reply mail help us safe time to travel. From Wan Chai MTR Station you cross road to other side turn left exit A3 and walk around 5-10 minutes you will find JJ hotel.

Room Tip: Select a room with window and avoid from elevator noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thai_San00k

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is an above average hotel for the fabulous price. The room size with above average. About 8 Mins walk to Wanchai station. Glass door shower. Spacious room with decent furnishing. Trams are just 2 street away.location is good. Bed was comfortable. Not great views for my room but the service staff are quite friendly. There is a wet market nearby if you like to explore the local market.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ariellim
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have got a offer like 50 euro per one night that for hk Is a great price.
The room is quite nice , the stuff not so friendly... Very quick but I suppose it is the Chinese culture.
The only thing that I didn't like is that he room was free cancellation! but as soon as you book the room they keep a deposit of the same amount of the night and they give it back after 15 days.... They don't say it in advance.
That I think is not so clear...
For the rest great shower, a little bit noise during the evening because we had the room on the street and on the lobby entrance

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at JJ Hotel the end of September for 2 nights. We had read about how small hotel rooms were in Hong Kong so we were pleasantly surprised with the room - plenty big enough and a great size comfortable bed. The glass shower has blinds if you want some privacy. The reception staff were welcoming and helpful. Happy too store our bags for us when we checked out. Cab from the airport to the hotel was 50HKD - make sure you have the hotel address for the cab driver. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on level 10. Room was at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

For the price I'm paying, it is qualified with a 5 stars rating. Location wise, it is not so near to Wanchai MTR as there are other hotels that are nearer, but it's very convenient using trams. Room is clean and spacious. I can heard very little noise from the street downstairs but it's still acceptable. The only complain is the pillow was too soft.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mosiangcloud
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stay only a few nights at the JJ hotel first impression were of a very small hotel which would be noisy and have small rooms.
However on checking in we were surpised to find the rooms were of a very generous size.
When in the room we experience no road noise or any other noisy from outside.
The facilities provided are more than exceptable for the price and have easy access to MTR and tram connections within a few minutes of the hotel is great.
Would definetly look at staying at The JJ hotel again. Having stayed at other hotels within the same area of Hong Kong before and have paid almost double and recieved a smaller room. I believe The JJ hotel is a great choice

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 288aday288
Reviewed 23 August 2013

It could have been a fabulous experience but IMO, the staff are not trained to provide quality service. Great location, close to the Wan Chai MRT, with trams running closeby. The bus stops of A11 and e11 buses from HKIA airport to city and return are relatively closeby. What I can't get over is the pre-authorisation for one night and then charging 3 nights for our stay. I am fine with the pre-authorisation for one night and on arrival, charge for two nights but not with the former, as well as insisting on a deposit. Not happy.

Room is relatively spacious and clean. Bed is comfortable. Location central but no lobby which makes it difficult to hang around when it is raining. I also didn't like the fact that there is no complimentary late checkout. Received a call at approx 11am to be reminded of 12pm checkout. I wondered what would happen if we were late in checking out but really didn't want to risk it, in case they decide to penalise us even if we were a few minutes late. I just felt rushed and little consideration given that we were late in checking in. I was going to stay a night on my return to Sydney but decided to cancel my booking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple