“Egg & Milk pudding”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After hearing so much about Australia Dairy Co, my husband and I went there after our dinner to try the milk pudding and egg pudding. The place was very crowded but luckily we didn't wait for too long for a seat. We shared a table with a friendly local couples in their 60s. While trying to order for the pudding, the staff was very rude and intimidating towards us. I guess the staff were impatient with us as we couldn't speak Cantonese but then again, the behaviour and attitude were quite uncalled for. After our pudding arrived, we chatted briefly with the local couples whom we shared the table with. The local uncle said that the pudding standard has dropped and the staff is always in bad mood.

I think the milk pudding is way too sweet but the egg pudding was alright. The egg pudding has a tint of almond flavour. My husband doesn't like almond but he enjoyed the egg pudding as the smell is not too overpowering. The only reason for me to go back is probably to try the scramble eggs.. or maybe not?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I love breakfast food, and the scrambled eggs at Australia Dairy Company are my favorite! Fluffy and melts-in-your-mouth comfort food that I can prolly eat 2 orders of if I wasn't scared for my health (or if I could order properly in Cantonese).

The iced milk tea is yummy (I can't remember not liking milk tea in Hong Kong -__-). Macaroni soup w/ham is decent. Kowloon Dairy milk is good but my taste isn't sophisticated enough to tell the difference between Kowloon Dairy versus regular milk--and you can buy this milk in groceries.

I had some steamed milk custard for take out, and it was creamy and sweet. I liked Yee Shun's milk custard better (plus more flavors) :P If ever you want to compare, Yee Shun Milk Company has a branch in Jordan too, very near Australia Dairy Company.

My only gripe about Australia Dairy Company is that the lines can be very long... and people actually wait to get inside. Worth a try, but manage your expectations: this is not a place where you can eat and chitchat for long. Eat, pay, & go :P

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered the breakfast set.

1. The macaroni was average.
2. The milk tea was average (if compared to the milk tea around HK).
3. The toast n scrambled egg was the highlight of the meal. Best scrambled egg ive ever eaten in my life. Great balance n well cooked without being overly dry.
4. Milk pudding was really good as well.

However, pls do nt expect any service at all. Be humble, enjoy your food, n leave immediately once u are done!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Where heavenly local desserts are served. The crowd is fairly extreme too and you actually have to make your way through. We were served with our orders in less than 5 minutes. They have 2 type of their famous custard, steamed egg with milk custard and steam milk custard.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

It has one of the best scrambled egg and steamed milk custard. It is very smooth and milky. However, the place is well-known for long queue during peak hours. Not to worry, you basically won't be able to see there for too long. You will go right after you finished your food. The waiters may have a poor service attitude and impatient. I don't deny that. You just have to order fast and don't expect them to wait for you because they are really busy.
If delicious food is more important than service attitude, do come here! If you dislike to be rushed by the waiters, you can buy a takeaway.
Each meal is around 4-5USD.

Been to Australia Dairy Company? Share your experiences!