“Pricey but nice”

Ranked #40 of 8,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$38 - US$128
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Showcasing authentic Cantonese cuisine, Dynasty, the award-wining Chinese restaurant in Wan Chai, creates delightful lifestyle destination for unique dining experience set against the backdrop of Victoria Harbour.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Having read some of the reviews, we had the char siu, which was very tasty, The meat was lean, very little fat, but still moist and not dry. They also had dumplings with hairy crab, as it was the season - which was OK, but not as good as some other places. Their crab claw was nice. A fish fillet dish and veg dish was OK. They had an unusual bird's nest in double-boiled milk dessert which was interesting. Overall a nice meal, but not sure why they got the 1 Michelin star. There was a nice view of Kowloon from the windows. No dim sum at night, so would probably go again at lunchtime to try that the next time.

There are newer reviews for Dynasty

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a disappointing meal, with over-salted and overcooked beef. Not worth the price. The view by Hong Kong standards is not as spectacular as many other venues, although the due to the geography it will always be more impressive to be on the Kowloon side looking toward Hong Kong Island.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food is excellent, what you would expect in an Michelin star restaurant.
I would recommend getting the char siu, it was melt in the mouth experience, i never tasted such wonderful pork.
definitely visit again next time am in hong kong

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had the pleasure of having lunch in one of the private rooms here and enjoyed absolutely everything about this restaurant.

Our private room overlooks the spectacular harbourview. We were extremely lucky that it was a beautiful sunny day. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. The service was very professional and courteous. The private room comes with a TV screen with a laptop connection; extremely useful for business lunches.

The restaurant itself is very tastefully decorated with a nice ambiance about it. Although we were here for a business lunch, the atmosphere and service made us feel relaxed. Not to mention the food. Oh my word, the food. The roast pork and BBQ pork were some of the best I've ever tasted. We enjoyed a family style meal and I personally adored every single dish presented to us. Especially the fried beancurd - it was amazing how something so simple can taste so divine! I think this is testament to the culinary skills of the resident chefs. I'd take my hat off to them if I were wearing one.

Needless to say, I will be returning to Dynasty the next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great food in a relaxing but impressive location. I had a vegetarian menu which was well presented and very tasty.

Been to Dynasty? Share your experiences!