“Good Value as Part of a Tour. But!”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #87 of 8,061 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$32 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is the first and only casual restaurant chained based on a motion picture. The vision was a casual family restaurant chain themed on Forrest Gump’s life, philosophy and love of shrimp. It was an instant success, just like the movie. It captures the charm and American spirit that made Forrest Gump a smash hit with down-home décor reminiscent of the movie’s setting in Alabama, showcasing memorabilia and photos from the movie, along with reproductions of script pages, storyboards and even some costumes. Bubba Gump is located at the highest point of Hong Kong, the Peak. With the panoramic view of the Victoria Harbor, we are perfect for any events from birthday's to corporate gatherings.
Hayle, United Kingdom
“Good Value as Part of a Tour. But!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had an evening meal here as part of a night cruise tour.
The whole tour was good value for money, but if I had visited it on its own, it would have been expensive and just about ok.

My Caesar salad had one crouton, lettuce and a sprinkle of cheese. Soup was superb. The main, a fried fish platter was dry and tasteless (wish I had gone for the steak). Dessert was good though.

View is excellent, but the service was intermittent, had to ask for drinks and my main arrived 10 minutes later than the others.

I would not go back and pay the full price, but as part of a tour I would and go for the steak. Perhaps I would bring a bag of croutons to give the lettuce a bit of Crunch!

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“nice food, nice view”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food are delicious and with great view of the Hong Kong skyline. A sure must dine restaurant when visit Victoria Peak. This is my 2nd visit. Didn't let me down.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious food with a fantastic view!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Had the mixed plate - fantastic. So on your next visit at the peak just go there. Especially during evening it is fantastic.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“The best baby ribs ever had”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice restaurant with good view,
we have been there 3 person on April 25 2014, I use to live in USA and I thought after several years that it was not possible to find a better babe ribs, I was wrong, I never see something like this as a quantity (easily for 3 person) and quality, it was incredible. Me and my wife we had baby ribs and my son fish the portion also for the fish was huge and the taste very good.

On our next trip to Hong Kong we will be back there sure, to good.
Claudio

• Visited April 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Wait for a table with a view.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The view from this Bubba Gump’s is amazing so wait for a window table. We made a reservation in advance to make sure we got a good seat. They initially tried sitting us in this tiny room at a corner table with no view but we said no. We didn’t go to The Peak and make a reservation (requesting a view) to sit in a corner. The manager was very friendly and told us we will need to wait for a window seat because they were full, we didn’t mind waiting. After about 25 minutes we were seated with a perfect view, ordered some refreshing margaritas and ate very delicious food. Great place!

• Visited May 2014