“Just an Average Experience”

Sabatini Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #453 of 9,726 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: The original Sabatini Ristorante Italiano restaurant opened in Rome in 1954. Since then, the Sabatini brothers' flair and excellence have led to 2 other Sabatini Ristorante Italiano restaurants around the world, including this fine dining room at The Royal Garden Hong Kong. Here, an authentic yet creative menu is prepared by our experienced chefs and is served in a picturesque “countryside” setting. The menu features seasonal specialties and is complimented by an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was very excited to be taking a customer to dinner at Sabatinis. The meal started well. However, after enjoying the appetizer table we had to ask for someone to take our order for entrees. 45 minutes later, entrees still had not arrived. The manager was apologetic, but dinner still was slow in coming. Once they arrived, we felt that they were very average. The fish dishes lacked flavour. The drink portions were small and the customer complained about the size of drinks. Overall a very long and average experience. I would not take a business partner there again.

2  Thank Connie2410

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Have eaten business lunches here a couple of times, and although expensive delivers a great meal and expensive wine selection. During truffle season there are particularly special dishes. When we were here this week we ordered right away and had a 2 hour lunch we did not have time for due to slow service...

1  Thank cj_minneapolis
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I chose Sabatini to give my wife the first surprise on her Birthday and their staff gave me so much more than expected. Friendly and courteous staff was with us all the times when needed. Original Italian style cooked pasta gave us great satisfaction whereas the perfect match of house red wine with my duck liver & wife's lamb rack added more surprise to the NEW Year Brunch. The limited three choices of cheese in the "box" was good enough to be a perfect ending to our meal. Though I was told only a birthday sign with the set dessert could be given, my wife actually got a greatly surprise dessert made for her birthday. Great thanks to all staff of Sabatini {HK) P.S. The restaurant is "small" but gives you more warmth and Italian home feel.

1  Thank Steve_HKSAR
Reviewed 14 November 2013

there are newer Italian restaurants...there are cooler italian restaurants....but this is the Italian restaurant I want to go back to.....old school to the core...and the best live music I've ever heard in a restaurant....can't wait to go back...

1  Thank DSTSS
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Good old reliable sabatini. Decor is a little old fashioned but romantic. No view at all. The food is standard Italian fare well prepared and well seasoned. Green salad with house dressing was good. Angel hair pasta with white truffle was remarkable. Dover sole was good if a little uneven
Skip the st honore cake and go straight for the tiramisu.
What makes the night so much fun is the band of singers. Not exactly Italian but fun nonetheless.

Been to Sabatini Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!