“Great food great live music”
Review of Bindaas Bar + Kitchen - CLOSED

Bindaas Bar + Kitchen
Price range: £10 - £26
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Description: Bindaas ~ ‘chilled out’ ‘carefree’. Trace the cultural origins of what India eats through a selection of traditional fare, inspired by a variety of age old recipes & spices from the secret kitchens of India - all with a unique contemporary twist. Feast on popular street food from different nooks and corners of India while sipping a signature cocktail or fine wine in a cool, Bindaas setting. Join us for Happy Hours ~ 30% OFF ALL ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES everyday from 5pm to 8pm
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I came with a large group for work. The food was different and really tasty. Not being an expert on indian street food I can't say if it's authentic but I really enjoyed it as different from the normal indian restaurants I would visit. Good mix of veggie food as well. The live music was brilliant!! I would definitely come again!

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank rylandtraveller
BindaasHK, Owner at Bindaas Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you very much for the review. We look forward to seeing you more often :)

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

I'm sorry but whoever has come on here and said the food is bland or not authentic then I'm sorry you don't know what you are talking about.

The curries are on par with what I expect from the best Indian places in the UK.

The pau is one the best I've had, both the meat and veg.

I think I've tried almost every dish on the menu and not one has been lower than 7 or 8 out of 10.

Perhaps you are ordering the wrong dishes. Perhaps you are unaware of what Indian food is after years of being served sub par Indian food buffet style.

I have no affiliation with this place and I generally get upset when I see people unable to review a place properly.

I cannot wait for my next trip to bindass.

Disclaimer. I do not drink alcohol, therefore I am unable to review the bar side. Although their masala chai is lovely and I get it every time.

P.s you can see how great a place is when local Indians are visiting the place non stop.

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank VP_DHC
BindaasHK, Owner at Bindaas Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Many thanks for your review. We strive harder everyday to give a better experience everytime. Do look forward to our fresh new menu from April 2016 :)

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Heard so much about this place and it was a total disappointment. I wouldn't call it an authentic indian restaurant. Very bland food, small portions.tried tamarind mojitos but no taste of tamarind in there. Untrained staff and very poor service. I would not go again.

Date of visit: February 2016

We would love to speak with you and get your feedback first hand. Do email you contact details to hello@iambindaas.com and we will phone you.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I heard about this new Indian tapas style restaurant in Central and visited on Valentines Day. We were pleasantly surprised to see a live band.

Very good selection of alcohol and food in portions which are perfect if one wants to try out a few dishes.

Helpful and pleasant staff.

Very nice vibe.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I was invited to Bindaas and told "it was the best Indian food in Hong Kong". Accordingly, my expectations were high. I love Indian food and there are so many good places in Hong Kong for it. Unfortunately, the experience at Bindaas was bad:

First, we only got an uncomfortable seating spot. Then, the menu did not look very convincing: Both the variety of the dishes as well as the selection of the dishes could have been better.

After the food had arrived, I experienced another disappointment: The size of the plates was ok but the food itself was either bland or not really authentic. The chutneys had no flavor and I fail to see how the vegetables were prepared in an Indian style.
Another unpleasant factor was the service staff that asked us every 5 minutes whether we wanted to order something more resp. whether we were finished with the meal.

In light of the rather high prices, the whole evening was disappointing and I do not really understand how Bindaas serves authentic Indian food.

To say at least one good thing: The cocktails at least looked good. Although we had none, the other guests seemed to enjoy the drinks.

1  Thank Improving_everyday
BindaasHK, Owner at Bindaas Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thanks for the review. We would love to hear why the "variety of the dishes as well as the selection of the dishes could have been better". Please share your contact details so that we can call and speak with you.

We are an Indian "tapas" bar serving our take on Indian food. Most of our dishes are not "authentic" Indian run of the mill food which is one so used to in Hong Kong. Thats why we stand out! High prices? Yes, we charge for quality..... grass fed angus beef, fresh sea food, pork loin, mutton (not lamb) and best quality imported vegetables.

We have one seating for lunch and two for dinner and reservations are taken strictly as per the following timings:

Lunch 12pm to 2.45pm
Dinner 1st Seating : 6.30pm to 8.45pm
Dinner 2nd Seating : 9pm to 11pm (Last Order for Food 10.45pm)
Drinks from 5pm until late

When we see that there's no food on a table or any order placed, its only natural that our service staff ask whether you would like to order more / whether you have finished your meal. If we didn't then guests say that service is "inattentive"!