“Oakham Curry Club (OCC) - review of Bindaas Kitchen”
Review of Bindaas Bar + Kitchen - CLOSED

Bindaas Bar + Kitchen
Price range: £10 - £25
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Description: Bindaas ~ ‘chilled out’ ‘carefree’. Trace the cultural origins of what India eats through a selection of traditional fare, inspired by a variety of age old recipes & spices from the secret kitchens of India - all with a unique contemporary twist. Feast on popular street food from different nooks and corners of India while sipping a signature cocktail or fine wine in a cool, Bindaas setting. Join us for Happy Hours ~ 30% OFF ALL ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES everyday from 5pm to 8pm
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The Oakham Curry Club is a well respected Institution with multiple international franchises.

The OCC takes pride in searching out the finest Indian Restaurants, and providing an impartial review of Curry Houses all over the world.

Members vote anonymously on 5 categories - and an average score is given to each restaurant we review.

Bindaas Kitchen,

Service 9.0/10
Customer Care 8.3/10
Atmosphere 7.6/10

Final score 8.36 out of 10

Overall we had an extremely pleasurable dining experience, the quality of the food was high...therefore the OCC would definently recommend this restaurant.

The hospitality was excellent - all diners were made to feel welcome and were waited on respectfully.

A lively, bustling restaurant resulted in a vibrant atmosphere which complimented the succulent food choices.

A most enjoyable evening- thank you. The occ (hk branch) highly recommends Bindaas Kitchen

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank rudid2014
BindaasHK, Owner at Bindaas Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thank you so much for the review. We are delighted that you had a nice experience and look forward to seeing you very soon :)

Reviewed 18 April 2016

A very modern Indian restaurant with authentic food (and nice presentation), friendly service, and great atmosphere. I went there for dinner for the first time and immediately fell into love with it. And came back for lunch a few days later and found the food on its lunch set menu is equally delicious and well presented. The service is impeccable and the manager is very friendly and easy going. Make you feel like it's a living room for you and your friends to hang out a bit.
It's also in the middle of a very funky and artistic neighborhood where you can spend a few hours just walking around to see local hong kong life style.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Tony Z

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I have been trying different Indian restaurants in Hong Kong for some time, but not really satisfied until I went to Bindaas. It was recommended by a two Indian families I know, both stating it has the best Indian food in the city.

On a Sunday, my son and I happened to be near by. Just remembered the place and decided to give it a try.

When we approached the restaurant, the first thing caught our attention was the rich, wonderful aroma of spices, instantly separating it from other restaurants' overwhelming curry smell.

As we were sort of in the hurry, we just took a look at the lunch set menu. It is simple and but well constructed. My son went for his favourite Chicken Tikka Masala with naan bread and I chose Vindaloo pork (which is a quite choice). Both the chicken and pork were well seasoned and carefully prepared, very tender while offering great texture. The set portion was just right too, not overly filing. After the meal, my son was greatly delighted, saying he would definitely want to come back to explore more of other dishes.

Given what I experienced, I am in complete agreement with him. We will for sure come back soon, "hungry for more". :-)

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank J_YANG_HK
BindaasHK, Owner at Bindaas Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Have been there for drinks in the evening and lunch. Good value lunch with lovely Indian food. I tried their India red wine and was pleasantly surprised. The food are of right portion and taste and surely will go again!

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Esther K

Thank you very much for the review. We look forward to seeing you more often :)

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I came with a large group for work. The food was different and really tasty. Not being an expert on indian street food I can't say if it's authentic but I really enjoyed it as different from the normal indian restaurants I would visit. Good mix of veggie food as well. The live music was brilliant!! I would definitely come again!

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank rylandtraveller

Thank you very much for the review. We look forward to seeing you more often :)