“I'm in love with French Food”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #19 of 10,357 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Honestly, I have always shunned French food. When I think of French food, I think of 1/2 cooked fish and foie gras. No offense to those who eat foie gras, I can't imagine myself eating a very ill duck/goose's liver!!! How can that be healthy for me?!?!
When I went to caprice, I was wrong. French food is not all just about having 1/2 cooked fishes and foie gras, they have so much more to offer!! The lunch set is really value for money! The service is excellent. The waiters/waitresses are always attentive to your needs, we never run out of water. Reservation is recommended.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Of all the Michelin rated restaurants we've visited ; Caprice is by far our number one gastronomic experience!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I apologised for this late review. But I feel I must write this to show my appreciation for a very wonderful & memorable evening. Hubby and I had dinner at Caprice HK on 7th July 2012. The best restaurant that we have dined in HK. Their level of service was so high that I think it is hard to find a rival. All the cheeses that we have tried were of very superior quality. With their top notch quality of food, very good view, very nice ambience and impeccable service, we think their pricing is not excessive. We ordered the degustation menu. Food was plated beautifully in small portion but enough to fill your tummy in the end. The only gripe was that the fish was slightly overdone. Anyway this is only a small issue to us as the rest of the positive points about Caprice definitely deserve a return visit.
Be prepared to pay about HKD6,000 for 2 pax including drinks. Booking is essential. Book the earliest slot so that you do not miss watching the sun set.

1  Thank iloveFoodwant
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I ate in Caprice years ago and i was disappointed with the portions, like typical French food there was almost nothing on my plate. My friend is one of the managers there and begged me to come back again and try it. WOW...the food, presentation and service was impeccable ! I am vegetarian and they even had a menu for that, the BEST veggie meal i have had ! My friend had Pigeon and also loved it too, the presentation was also quite impressive, like a work of art. To top this all off the desert was also great, a bit too much for me actually as they also serve a treat of small chocolates at the end of the meal. This 3 star Michelin restaurant is definitely worth the visit. By the way this is in the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong. Make a reservation now !

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We had the taste of Caprice wow truly incredible
The food was amazing the service excellent and the ambience decedent made for one hell of a night
The cheese platter is something to be seen
For two with champagne the cost was $700 Au expensive maybe, but a truly devine dinning experience
Nothing to fault and I was amazed at how seriously full we were
We had a window view but I don't think it's a necessity

Been to Caprice (Central)? Share your experiences!