“Delightful BirthdayAbove and Beyond-”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #17 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have to thank the Trip Advisor community for all of the rave reviews that made me say to myself, "Ï have to check this place out." Not a second of disappointment was experienced during my Caprice experience. The service was impeccable, the view, breathtaking and the food just down right amazing not to mention the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I would have to say Caprice rivals Gadi's at the Peninsula Hotel. I was most suitable impressed when they were able to serve me glutton free bread as well as a glutton free appetizer. The main courses were exquisite as well as the dessert. Everything was perfect. I so enjoyed celebrating my birthday at Caprice and I won't be waiting for another birthday celebration to return. Worth noting that wine list was exclusively French.

There are newer reviews for Caprice (Central)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Food and ambiance was great,service was wonderful and fast ! I've ate at several restaurants in Hong Kong over the years but the Caprice tops them all .Will return again and again and again !

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Seems the Four Seasons gets it right when it comes to lounges, fine dining and hotel bars. We recently checked the recently opened Caprice Bar, across from the famed Caprice Restaurant and in our view, it delivers no less than its counterpart restaurant.

We loved pretty much everything about this bar from its dark wooded interior, cozy seating and intimate setting to the lovely views of Victoria Harbour afforded from the 6th floor level (we came early and got the window seat). Service was as notable as the adjacent Michelin 3 Star restaurant and staff were professional, precise and timely.

We had wine pairing with their splendid cheese board. Seems the sommelier from The Caprice Restaurant supports the bar, and he came to tell us about the wines selected. There was a good variety of cheese, each bit a generous piece, while the signature 4-year old comte was indeed yummy. We tried their cold cuts too and liked the ham very much.

Overall, like its restaurant, this is a pricey place for drinks (and light foods) but the quality is simply much better than most bar scenes in Hong Kong, the atmosphere and setting is wonderful and the service world-class. As such, the Caprice Bar is a great option for special occasions or those seeking a finer wine-cheese tasting experience in Hong Kong.

Tip: The Caprice Bar only opens at 5.30pm, has limited seating of around 30 and doesn't take reservations. We visited on a Sunday recently and the bar was only half way full during our 2 hour stay.

Tip: Only two tables have window views, first come first serve on these tables as well.

9  Thank BradJill
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Three of us went there for lunch on a Thursday and had the Set Menu.

Food and ambiance was exceptional, Service was excellent but our waiter was in far too much of a hurry, super fast in fact. This was our only disappointment.

You know you are eating in a top restaurant from the time you approach the entrance to the dining room. Boy is this place classy. The china and cutlery would have to be the best of any we have had anywhere in the world.

The dining room surrounds the open kitchen so you can see the army of chefs doing their thing.

The food is simply superb and the set menu price top value for what you get. Believe me.The bread and all the other extras they offer you are just sensational.

If you want a beautiful red Australian wine to enjoy with your meal order the "Charles Melton Nine Popes" Its exceptionally delicious.

Should you go here. Absolutely. It should not be missed.

2  Thank PeterDAustralia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Classy, fancy, elegant French restaurant with an open kitchen. And the kitchen is so quiet. Everything was peeeerrrfect, except my kids were jumping on the couch.