“Great service, mediocre food sadly”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #23 of 8,210 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Great service, mediocre food sadly”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited Caprice for the first time in Sept last year, and had a great experience. Very good atmosphere and service, and food was good, especially veal chop, with superb bread and dessert. We visited again in January, to entertain our special guests visiting Hong Kong, thinking this would be a special night. Service was again excellent, and view from our table by the window added to the good atmosphere. However, food in general was mediocre. I don't know if this was because we ordered mostly seafood this time, or due to the change in chef? We also ordered a chicken dish for two, which lacked flavor and was quite dry, this was disappointing. Dessert was good, and food presentation was nice. We probably won't visit this restaurant again, unless we hear that food quality has definitely improved.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Myasha I

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Exquisite Experience!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

From my reviews you can tell that we come here often; and this is our favorite dining place in Hong Kong. Between my visits, I keep thinking about their impeccable & friendly service (they could even read my body language from a distance and brought me what I was wanting), beautiful parade and presentation of plating, and exquisite cheese selection. This time, I loved all 3 courses of my lunch that I was in cheese heaven: buffalo mozzarella (smooth), bresaola (perfectly dried, not salty) and rocket salad; sauteed frog legs with gnocchi and goat cheese; and of course, the cheese plate desert (including my favorite: 4 year aged Comte). Just thinking about it, I need to stop by for cheese and burgundy wine before our next meal here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JPDallas
Hong Kong
“Great Experience !”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very nice location and view.
Impeccable service and good explanation of the food.
Contemporary French haute cuisine in line with the expectation from a 2 stars Michelin restaurant.
We were a party of three and each of us chose a different set lunch. All sets were worth every single penny !

• Visited January 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Service was impeccable, everything was well explained and presented. Food was great, lunch menu was decent. Had the Japanese scallops, but it was a little salty. Dessert was fantastic, very nicely presented. Would recommend this restaurant especially on a nice day, nice view of the harbour.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Phoebe H
New York City, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been in this restaurant several time and last time I tried the lunch by the new Chef. Everything was amazing, I loved the pigeon as main course. Service is always the best in Caprice, the best in Town and in Asia!

Will be back soon