EL Cid Spanish Restaurant(JiaNing Street)
Ranked #5,962 of 7,794 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Hong Kong, China
“Rip Off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

365 HKD, almost 50 Euro for a small bowl of "Catalunya Soup", a brown broth that contained 2 prawns a few mussels and not much else, and the "chicken and chorizo paella", a desert-bowl of rice, a little shredded chicken and 4 small pieces of Chorizo. All served by waiters who needed Chinese symbols on the menu to understand what I ordered.

The food in fairness was passable, but dreadful, dreadful value. Never again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Polaris, Montana
“Nice food and great ambiance!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a great varieties of dishes from starter to dessert and it was all good. Hardly had any Spanish food but this was one of the best I ever had. We start off with some nice salad and tapas which was uniquely prepared.Then we had some chicken Paella which was one of my Favourite,followed by a unique fish covered with Salt (Sorry, I'm sure there's a fantastic name for it but I could not remember), had some clam in tomato base sauce which was also very yummy. Last but not least had a dessert from Alaska (fruits with some cream and liquor on it).
Not very good in describing the food but it was all nice and yummy!! Perhaps the pictures will tell it all.
It was a little pricey but I guess you pay for the quality of food and the ambiance.
Oh not forgetting they have a 2 piece guitarist walking around each table acceding to request for song..

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“BEST Spanish in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

My business partner and I went there today the 28th of August for Lunch. We had steak and paella. The dessert chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream whoa incredible.. The service APlus. value 400 Hong Kong dollars amazing for all that food. overall a great food experience. My only recommendation is cook the steak longer for med well.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Robert C
Tywyn, United Kingdom
“Mediocre Set Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was attracted into this restaurant by the offer of a set lunch, maybe I made the wrong choices but it was disappointing. The soup and salad starter was fine, a tasty pumpkin soup and a plate of fresh salad with some unidentified cold meat,which was rather rich for my taste, so I did not eat it all. For my main course I had chosen what was described as Smoked Salmon Toasts with avocado and cottage cheese. Although well presented the four rounds of French bread were not toasted, the smoked salmon lacked flavour and the avocado was not ripe.
To add to this disappointment when I came to pay I had not realised there was a service charge to be added and to add insult the waiter under changed me, muddling my bill with the next table was his excuse!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LindyLouMac
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tapas but "Beware"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Always a bit quieter as its at the other end of the tce.
Good food & Tapas, was here last year as well.
The Sangria (by the Litre is best) is good.
Beware when paying by credt card. It comes as yor home currency not HK$.
I nearly paid $630 NZ instead of $107NZ the reciept said $630 HK.
the credit card slip was $107 & I wrote $630.
and yes my wife spotted it. :-P

• Visited November 2011