Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: Overseen by Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong's Executive Chef Uwe Opocensky, the Mandarin Grill + Bar is proud to have retained its Michelin star for the sixth year running. Using the finest organic ingredients and seasonally inspired produce, we offer an exciting interpretation of grill classics with a dash of progressive gastronomy. Overlooking Statue Square and Chater Garden, decor is wonderfully vibrant with a moulded scallop-inspired ceiling, Gerard D'A Henderson paintings and a central banquette upon which a selection of stunning white lily floral arrangements are displayed.
Switzerland
“just great!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

it is an experience every time I eat there ! You always get a meal which tops it . And there is always a 'surprise' factor in a positiv way - they are creative !

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Pat1970512

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great but expensive”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went here yesterday. It was a great experience. Exspecially the sushi and the fish were very good. It's pretty expensive (578 khd per person) but the food is great. For 200 hkd you can add free refill wines.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nina V
Paris, France
“So rude”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I wanted to for dinner at Mandarin Grill & Bar while visiting Hong Kong. When I arrived at reception, I was told in a very arrogant manner that there was a dress code (I was wearing New Balance sneakers and jeans) and that I could not have dinner here.
I did not receive any further explanation and no manger came to fix the situation. Hong Kong dress code is usually quite relaxed and I was surprised by the reaction.
I just flew in from abroad and did not take the time (I was staying at the four seasons) to change to be on time.
After being humiliated in front of my customers, I took them to Atelier de Joel Robuchon where they had no problem accepting the shoes I was wearing and my money.

• Visited April 2014
12 Thank Albert L
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Dining Experience We've Ever Had!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I went to the Mandarin Grill for a special occasion and it turned out to be a truly memorable evening. We enjoyed the Tasting Experience which was as much a visual experience as a culinary one. Chef Uwe Opocensky creates works of art - a beautiful tree "painted" on a plate, for example - which are made of the freshest and tastiest ingredients. Many dishes were prepared right at our table and we were blown away by the wide range of flavors. The best beef we've ever had! The tastiest vegetables served with a gardening tool and edible soil! French lobster that first was encased in beeswax then lit on fire to be finally cooled down with nitro! An amazing experience on many levels and simply the best meal we have ever had!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steve H
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic food. With a certain cost...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went there for a dinner with my girlfriend. The place is elegant, quiet and luxurious. It has one michelin star but having dined at Caprice and Pierre for exemple, it clearly holds the comparison with those restaurants.
For appetizer, we had the salmon and caviar. A delish.
Then we had the turbot and the sea bass. Both were super moist, tasteful and beautifully presented.
We were advised by Ken, the house sommelier, to a beautiful white Burgundy (Meursailt Genevrieres). Wonderful.
I have to say the service is impeccable.
We ended up with a Grand Marnier Souffle. Exactly the way we like it.
One thing to mention though. The food is fantastic, it is really fine dining but it comes with a certain price. We spent close to 5k HKD for the dinner so not an every day treat but totally worth it.

Visited April 2014