“Possibly my worst experience of Vietnamese food”

Golden Bull French Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #1,201 of 8,749 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong, China
“Possibly my worst experience of Vietnamese food”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I can certainly say the food at Golden Bull is NOT Vietnamese at all from my experience.The Pho they served made me absolutely speechless, as the noodle and the soup were pre-made and just mixed in front of me together with raw beef, which reminded me of 3 minute noodles. The ginger chicken was also below average. All in all, every dish was overpriced.

The waitresses somehow looked very displeased while serving the customers and the service was terrible overall. The menu looked very sloppy and didn't show any pictures, and the waitress did not bother to explain politely when asked. The seat I was sitting on was facing right into the corner where the waitresses were cleaning remaining food from dirty dishes, which was certainly not a pleasant view.

I would NEVER bother to go to this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank keyand

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“possibly the best in Kowloon”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

This is a big favourite of mine now. Great food in a superblocation looking across to Hong Kong Island.
The Vietnamese food is really excellent , and the service is on a par.
The grilled prawns are superb, as is the curry.
Give it a try, but make sure to book as it's reputation has spread and getting a table can be a problem.

San Francisco, California
“Good restaurant and a great view”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I try to go here everytime I'm in Hong Kong. If you can, make a reservation because this restaurant as well as many in Hong Kong gets crowded at night. If you do have to wait, there's always the mall to walk around and do window shopping. Some of my favorite dishes are the spring rolls, curry bowl with the garlic bread, and the Mekong Shrimp (very tasty). Since this restaurant faces the harbour, the view of Hong Kong island is fantastic especially at nighttime. In a way, you are also paying for the view.

• Visited January 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Still as good as always!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Went to Hongkong recently and the first place we went for dinner is Golden Bull in Kowloon. As usual, we ordered spring rolls, barbequed chicken, frog legs the size of chicken legs, soft shell crabs and sea food noodle. A new item we tried was pho with angus beef. Its really a must go place for my family!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank slao
Manila, Philippines
“I never miss this place when in Hongkong”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The restaurant is a cross between vietnamese/cantonese cuisine. We usually have the spring rolls, barbeque chicken, frog legs (size of small chicken legs), eel, lamb chops, baked prawns, pineapple rice or seafood noodles. There is also a branch in Times Square.

• Visited January 2012