“Nice and fresh food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice and fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Cute, casual used books and cafe on the main drag in Lamma. Service is slow but if you are in Lamma, you can't be in a rush. We had a Pumpkin, spinach, tomato soup, absolutely delicious! It was a cooler overcast day, so this was the perfect starter. We had veggie lasagna and a bean burger that had great flavor, the lasagna had nice fresh veggies, I scraped off some of the soft cheese, but not a big deal. I would definitely recommend it.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“Nice Veggie Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stumbled across this cafe after a hike as we were making our way to the ferry. As my wife is vegetarian we had to try it. We liked the cozy, mellow atmosphere and decor. We highly recommend the Shepherdess Pie and organic wine. Service was good at Lamma pace. Who needs to hurry?

• Visited January 2014
Macau, China
“Bookworm rocks - stylie food and cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Bookwork Worm Café – 79 Yung Shue Wan Main St. Lamma Island.

Closed Thursdays.

Owner (Ken Kwan) a nice guy.

My spouse and son (age 16) went to the Bookworm for dinner.

Two spots to choose: One side of the street in the main café and right across the street is an open-air style with waterfront seating.

Atmosphere in the main cafe: The owners have worked hard to create an artsy warm atmosphere for most eclectic travelers from all walks of life. There are books for sale as well as local crafts; soaps, Fair Trade coffee and I think the tea is for sale.

The knick-knacks & antiques etc. on the shelves add a touch of nostalgia. There are books and magazines for patrons to read. It’s such a comfy atmosphere that we could’ve spent hours in there without anyone batting an eye.

The Bookworm offers Vegetarian/Vegan, organic food, free Wi-Fi and community events such as discussion meetings/groups.

It offers a simple but diverse menu including daily specials. They easily accommodated my need for a tofu burger i.e. no fries or bun, so instead they created a healthy heap of a salad – dang, and it was yummy! After drizzling the vinaigrette over the salad I was blown away by its freshness and taste. Had the pumpkin soup – outstanding texture and taste. Had the Revitalize tea – honey, ginger cloves – so refreshing that I felt the health in my tummy. My son loved it so much he ordered one.

My spouse and son ordered the olives and sun-dried tomatoes pizza, which was crispy, thin and home made sauce base and topped off with sharp white cheddar one could taste everything as it was eaten. My spouse ordered a glass of organic white wine, light and oaky - very nice.

My son’s juice (Revitalization) was fresh and chilled – he loved that. We ordered the tofu mango cheesecake to share – absolutely to die for!

Service – super-duper! I know others have written that service is slow but this seems to be the case on Lamma Island in general. Be ready for island time!

Cost: about 500HKD for 3

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane
“Cosy little vegetarian cafe on mellow Lamma island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Tucked in to one of Lamma island's narrow lane ways (no cars on Lamma!), bookworm is a pleasant space in which to kick back, read a book, and enjoy some basic vegetarian food. Free wifi too. Service was friendly and efficient, food was basic but reasonably tasty. Fresh juice smoothie was great. It's not gourmet fare, but it was a nice, mellow little place, on a nice mellow island. Bookworm is near the ferry jetty, easy to find.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Unbelievably slow service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Overpriced coffee and appalling service - don't bother going to this cafe, there are other better places.

• Visited September 2013