“Good location, good value, great friendly staff”

and 1 more site!
Mingle Place On The Wing
Ranked #383 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney
“Good location, good value, great friendly staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I came from Macau via ferry and this hotel is walking distance from the Hong Kong - Macau Ferry Terminal (you need a map though). As expected, the room was really small (this was my nth time in HKG) like when you enter the room, the small bathroom is to your left and the big, comfortable bed, with clean sheets is just in front of you!
The in house television programming is very good. You get to choose what category you are after and you will be sick watching the movies - they are free.But you do not go to HKG to watch in hose movies - you go outside and be a tourist.
Day time, the hotel location is really busy. It is more residential and commercial and you see a lot of local business doing their thing. Historically, the area is the more older part of HKG and not really a tourist area. I booked this hotel because I want a hotel that is really local, I want to be local and feel local and do things local.
Chinese restaurants (not restaurants for tourists) on the main road which was great for me. The local market is just around the corner. The MTR is 100 meters away and trams are all over.
Hotel staff really friendly and helpful and for me that is great. When I needed help, they have the answer.
I paid $65 per night via Agoda which is really cheap. I will book this hotel when I have the chance in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We enjoyed our time at Mingle Place on the Wing. The room was a touch small but that was ok, as we did have an extra bed in there for the 3 of us. We had a window out to the street on the 4th floor which was fun (although there is no 'view', but we could open the window and look down at all the people). The main advantage that we liked is being close to the center of HK Island. We walked from the HK Airport Express Station, we were across the road from a subway train station which took us into Kowloon (Jordan, Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui), and close to those cute double-decker trams that run the breadth of HK Island. We really liked walking out the hotel into the middle of busy HK streets. If you can learn to cope with how cramped everyone is in HK then you will enjoy this place. The front desk team were all young, very nice and friendly and english-speaking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 June 2013

a really very small room, but nice and very clean and for Hong Kong prices standards, it was still at a reasonable price. Very good location near MTR Sheung Wan and Macao ferry terminal. A good coffee shop just next door, or the McDonalds.

Room Tip: avoid the windowless rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Irvine, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here for one night and second other reviews. The place is very conveniently located, close to Sheung Wan station. The price is reasonable. My room was at the corner and probably the narrowest in my entire life with a weird aspect ratio, maybe by 1.5 m x 10+ m. Yet, the room was clean and well maintained. Everything in the bathroom was fit with good hygienic supplies. TV had only 15 channels (one out of order), which was fine with me. Wifi was free and fast. They demanded a deposit of HK$500 and quickly returned at the checkout.

The only thing was I ran across a cockroach in the morning, which I watered down with shower. If I had seen it in the previous night, I would not have felt comfortable. When I checked the ceiling, the seal was not perfect with an obvious gap. Though the gap, I believe, the bug might have come. This may be understandable since the building should be quite old. It is Hong Kong, so I guess it's okay.

Next time I visit, if I am traveling alone, I will definitely stay here again for the value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was looking for a place to stay in hk last month which is near the mtr;only 100m from the exit a2. other hotels are located at certain distance from the metro and with luggage to carry in the narrow streets
in Hk, it is a real challenge!..the rooms are small but just fine for a short stay in the city and the free Wi-Fi is very fast.
I highly recommend the hotel and will be staying there again next time, and the hotel is one station away to central which makes a quick and easy access to the airport shuttle;very appreciable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jmtho
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 June 2013

A couple of us from work went in tonight for our dinner break. Our server, Keith, was great, especially highlighting the specials. The food was outstanding, (Mom, don't look at this) better than homemade. We had a special treat when Ms. Dent came and sat with us and brought a sample of a drink she made. Go out of your way and try this place. It's worth the trip

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Quite one of the smallest/ narrowest hotel rooms I have stayed in, even for a crowded place like HK. There was hardly space between the door and the bed and though everything fitted neatly in the long narrow room with the toilet at one end. The only comfortable place to sit in the room was on the bed which was fine. The location was convenient with lots of shops around, but that is Hong Kong!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo