On the way back to the UK from Australia, I decided to stay in Hong Kong for a few nights.
I arrived on the Thursday night, the location of the hotel is great. Near central/Soho, near the MTR and ferry port to Macau. The entrance of the hotel is tucked away making it not overtly obvious on arrival. Receptionist wasn't rude, but not exactly friendly. Very blunt. "Yes? Passport. Money." Don't think it was her lack of English either as she understood anything I ask/said and would reply in sentences when she had to.
For the first night I booked a double room. Room was small as I had expected from other reviews, but it was clean and stylish as was the bathroom (Tip - The hot water takes a while to run through). The bed was comfortable, air con worked fine, Lots of little mod cons in the room except an iron!
Based on the first night I thought this great value for money and a real find.
Next night I spent a night in Macau so I checked out. The man who checked me out was a lot friendlier.
After arriving back from Macau I checked back into the hotel to the same female receptionist and the same blunt reception. This time I booked a single room. I had high expectations after the first night. The room, although decorated the same, wasn't as nice. The room was even smaller (as you would expect) but it looked shabby in comparison to the first night, lots of marks on the walls, stains on the seat, cigarette burn on the bedside tables, the bathroom was a wet room as opposed to having a proper shower, the actual toilet had lost paint off the water tank. I guess these were all cosmetic rather than cleanliness. Some of the non primary lighting controls didn't work.
If all the rooms were like the first room this would be a nice little 3 star hotel and probably would have gotten 4 stars for my review, but the second night unfortunately let it down. My advice to the management would be you're almost there - Get irons in the rooms and just keep those standards high!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel in Central, minutes' walk from the terminus of all subway lines, the Airport Express terminal, terminus of all ferry lines and jet-foil services, all the best restaurants and bars, all the best shopping malls, the most exotic Chinese cultural sites, and all the financial and business buildings that matter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mingle Place On The Wing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hong Kong