“An unimpressive hotel that is a disgrace to Nanjing.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Narldus Grand Hotel

Narldus Grand Hotel
Ranked #1,028 of 1,878 Hotels in Nanjing
Singapore, Singapore
“An unimpressive hotel that is a disgrace to Nanjing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

I booked a trip to Jiangnan with my mother and grandmother. At our stop in Nanjing, my grandmother wanted to stay over at her cousin's house while we both stayed at the hotel, along with the rest of the tour group.

It was nighttime, so I was unable to see clearly. Upon entering, it had a weird hall. It was a typical hall but I didn't feel it was comfortable. Check-in was fast, probably because no one else was at the hotel at the time.

The first warning sign - that this was a horrible hotel - was a crack in the floor upon entering the lift. It was right in front of the doors of the lift. I was afraid that the building may collapse, but I put my fears to rest and proceeded to the room.

When we entered the room, we were pleased to find that it was roomy and our room was literally two rooms together. However, it was ''so'' big that when I wanted to use the toilet, I realized it was too small. It didn't matter to me if the room wasn't that big, as long as it was still roomy and comfortable. It was, instead, worn-out and discomforting.

The toilet itself was extremely small and dirty. I didn't dare to go further into the toilet after putting my foot down on the dirty floor. It wasn't that dirty, but it was simply too small, practically the smallest I've seen in a hotel!

I decided to lie down on the bed. Sleeping was fair, although I had to twist and turn around . I'd rate it three, but the rest seemed to disgust me and gave me a bad time. At the least, the service was fair. When my mother called for a phone charger, they brought it in a resonable amount of time.

At the time, I was thinking: the only thing left for the hotel to redeem itself is the breakfast. So I had hopes for tommorow's breakfast, but turns out, breakfast was even worse. Not a variety of food, plain pumpkin porridge, a bland dining room and unappetizing food. The service was brought down when I say a cigarrate on the floor leading towards the dining room.

Upon checking out, I recapped on the horrible service the hotel had - the first time I've experienced such. I won't pass it, and give it a two out of five. My grandmother was lucky in a sense to avoid this place. All in all, don't stay at this hotel - I don't see how its good.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family