“Housekeeping staff walked in while I was on the toilet.”

Glarun Jinling Hotel
Ranked #39 of 1,927 Hotels in Nanjing
San Gabriel, California
“Housekeeping staff walked in while I was on the toilet.”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Disclaimer: I stayed at this hotel as part of a 6-night ultra-cheap China tour. We paid $49 for a 6-night tour including meals, so my review may be biased by the fact that that I effectively paid $8 per night to stay here.

This is a beautiful 5-star hotel, but there were people smoking in the lobby and throwing their cigarette butts on the floor. I think that is quite common throughout China.

Room was very nice and well-equipped with all the amenities you could need. Bathroom is also lovely, with a standing bathtub inside the shower.

Gym had a few machines, including treadmill, bicycle, and elliptical.

Negatives: Wired ethernet is provided in every room, but wireless is only available in the lobby. I only brought an iPad so I needed to use the wifi.

Breakfast is okay. The variety isn't as much as Shanghai 5-star hotels, but they had some mochi which was good. It gets very crowded with all the tour groups showing up to breakfast at the same time. There were not enough tables and we had to share with strangers. Some people could not find a seat at all.

This hotel is frequently used by discount tour groups, so you will encounter large groups of very noisy people.

The housekeeping staff is very annoying. They knocked on the door to clean the room at 7:30 am! I told them we were not ready, and then they came back at 7:45 am. I did not answer the door because I was on the toilet, so they just opened the door and walked in. How rude! They knocked on the door again at 8:00 am. I don't know why they were in such a rush to come into my room, but I did not like it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Travellers also viewed these Nanjing hotels
Eastern Pearl Hotel
InterContinental Nanjing
InterContinental Nanjing
#4 of 1,927 in Nanjing
GreenTree Inn Nanjing South Daqiao Road Jinying Business Hotel

Been to Glarun Jinling Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Glarun Jinling Hotel

Property: Glarun Jinling Hotel
Address: No.8 Guorui Avenue, Yuhua Development District, Nanjing, China
Region: China > Jiangsu > Nanjing
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service
Ranked #39 of 1,927 Hotels in Nanjing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Glarun Jinling Hotel 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Glarun Jinling Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.