I stayed here with a small group of friends for 3 nights. Overall, I was disappointed but let's start with the pros:
The decor is modern and cozy. The rooms are well equipped. They serve nice international breakfast. Great view from our room. The staff speaks OK English (which is rare for China).
Now, the cons:
1. Reception staff not accomodating our needs. We requested all our rooms (6) to be on the same floor. They put us on 3 different floors despite our request. We booked this trip a few months in advance so they should have been able to give us all the same floor. They moved 2 of us to the same floor as our friends on the second day but that's exactly what I didn't want to do, having to pack & unpack after just 1 day.
On the first night we were "upgraded" to a higher room type. But after we had been moved to the standard room the following night we found out that the room size & amenities were exactly the same. The only difference was a plate of small chocolates to welcome us. So much for an "upgrade".
2. Their room facilities are not standardized. We all booked the same room type: standard. But 2 rooms have no bathtubs, 2 rooms were much bigger than the rest.
3. The air conditioner is centrally operated. At night it was so warm I tried to lower the aircon temperature in vain. On the 2nd night we found out that this hotel is so cheap that they don't turn the aircon on. Apparently they only allow guests to use the aircon in summer. For such a big hotel chain I think it's unacceptable to not give the guests control of the desired temperature in their rooms.
4. This is the only hotel in our 2-week China trip that charged for wifi. All the other 4 hotels we stayed at gave us free access to wifi.
5. BAD location. Granted, our room had a great view of the Yangtze River, but there's no shopping center or food stores within walking distance. Luckily we were on a full service guided tour in Nanjing. Otherwise it would have been difficult & troublesome for us to get around.
6. We had to catch an early flight on the fourth day so we requested takeaway breakfast. Their breakfast package is so small compared to other hotels I've stayed at. It's barely enough for an adult. Other hotels usually put a beverage in the takeaway bag but there's no drink in theirs.
All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Find somewhere else to stay. And I definitely won't be returning to Hilton Riverside Nanjing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the lower reaches of the Yangtze River, Hilton Nanjing Riverside provides tasteful accommodations for both business and leisure travellers. Just 25 minutes from the central business district, Hilton Nanjing Riverside offers 411 guest rooms and suites, modern in-room technology and extensive meeting, conference and recreation facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Nanjing Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.