“Loud...creepy.. but close to airport”

Qiudu Hotel Nanjing Lukou International Airport
Ranked #1,004 of 1,921 Hotels in Nanjing
Brooklyn, New York
“Loud...creepy.. but close to airport”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I would have chose to stay at Nanjing Airport (not sure if that's any better) but because I had to leave a luggage staying in Nanjing while I go to Korea, this was my only option. They were very nice about it and they charged no fee. But I forgot the price I paid but it was 10RMB cheaper than it was stated.

The place is newly built (last year I believe) so it was nice looking. The room was huge and spacious but it stank soooo bad. It smells like those middle age men from Northern China and their smoke smell and yes, I did see those in the lobby so I'm describing it like that.

I had to leave around 5AM and I couldn't even get an hour of sleep. Why? Because I kept hearing noises at night. The music playing from a place nearby, seems like construction sounds..., a dog barking, and worst of all, what seems to be a girl laughing/giggling. I seriously couldn't tell if a couple was getting way too happy next door or there's a ghost. However, as stupid as this sounds, I'm leaning towards the ghost. It was creepy as hell and I just kept playing my ipod as I feel asleep. What's even worse is that right next to the bed is a closet mirror. There's no way a person can face that side while sleeping because of that huge mirror.

However, the service was nice and they were all very helpful. They also have pick-up and drop-off to/from the airport. There's not much around this place but there's a few food stores and a supermarket around. That 1 night killed me. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Christine L

Families
Business
  • Thai first
Travellers also viewed these Nanjing hotels
Lukou Airport
Fairmont Nanjing
#2 of 1,921 in Nanjing
InterContinental Nanjing
#4 of 1,921 in Nanjing

Been to Qiudu Hotel Nanjing Lukou International Airport? Share your experiences!