“Spacious but Location is not Convenient”

Fraser Suites Nanjing
Ranked #22 of 1,969 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed in the Fraser Suites for two nights for work. The taxi driver at the airport had never heard of Fraser Suites but nothing that a phone call to the "hotel" couldn't solve. Upon check-in, was told that that I was upgraded to a larger unit. Not idea of the size but large is the right term. They have assigned a unit with 2-bedrooms on the 28th floor. Unfortunately for me, it rained practically the whole time I was there and so visibility was not good.

Fraser Suites is more a service apartment than a short stay hotel. The kitchen is not open 24-hours and so you have to be careful if you are planning to eat on site. Breakfast, while adequate, cannot compare to the regular 5-star hotel's buffet breakfast. Many of the usual facilities like gym and pool etc are located in the clubhouse, which unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to check out. There's free wifi provided.

Some of the sites for the Youth Olympic Games (starting August 16th) are just across the road and so it seems that the nearby mall is still gearing up for the influx of guests. Fraser Suites is located in Jianye district which I was told is a newish "CBD" area developed by the local government and by the looks of it, is getting to critical mass point. Though obviously still not as convenient as being in "downtown" hotels/areas - like around the Xinjiekou for example.

The metro line does run close to the property. We were caught in Xinjiekou with no empty taxis in sight and so after 30 minutes - decided to take the subway. For RMB2, it is a fantastic deal. If you need transportation (taxis or otherwise), staff at the reception are always happy to help arrange.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd time staying here. From the GM to the staff, the service attitude is very good. They are friendly & responsive, always asking if they can help but not intrusive manner. Very warm & cosy feeling. The apt is extremely huge (138sm for 1 bedroom) and I love the space. Value for money. Breakfast is not that good though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I really enjoyed staying at Fraser Suites, serviced apartments very spacious (138m2) for the one bedroom, confortable, new and very clean. You can get all you need such as free wi-fi , two flat screens and a well equipped kitchen. Staff is very attentive and make a real effort to be helpful. I felt very safe here and very much at home.The breakfast is ok although it lacks choice of breads. The surroundings are very pleasant, very green and peaceful. I also used the spa which was very nice despite the old fashion look of the decor. The only downside is the fact that it is quite far from the city center (about 20mn by taxi) but you can get close by metro line 2 which brings you to the city center. Very safe city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MafaldaPortugal
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Fraser suites provides apartments/suites which are really spacious. So for a long-term stay I think the hotel could be recommended. However, location and service cannot compete with some of the better downtown hotels, e.g. Jinling Hotel. Restaurant is only open from 18-22 and you can't get anything outside these hours. Internet did not work well, at least not on 30th floor. The hotel is located in a development zone which probably will be nice a couple of years from now, but most is not yet open. On the positive: Suites are amazingly spacious and provide very good comfort. Staff is also very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonas P
Ralf F, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Jonas,
Thank you for sharing your experience here and we much apprecaite .
We strive to provide a superior service experience for our customer and your feedback is very important to us.
We have taken actions to improve our service level already and the internet is good now. As for the location, we are in the new CBD center, everyting is developing quickly , and will be nice as you said.
We look forward to your next stay and hopte to bring you a better experience in the near future . .

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed in Fraser Suites Nanjing from 22 May 2011 to 19 June 2011 for a business trip. My first impression was that it is too far from city center but in actual it is not more than 15 minute taxi ride. It is conveniently located near Nanjing Olympic Stadium and is very easily accessible by nanjing Metro Line 2.
I stayed in a premium 2 bedroom suite and I must say that I have never been to such a big apartment. The Drawing room was good in size and TV and home theater system was too good. The balcony was good and sufficiently equipped with furniture to enjoy a lazy evening. Kitchen was good but need some more utensil to have a better experience for long staying guests. Dry Balcony is an added advantage.
The master bedroom is attached to study room but study room does not live up to expectation of whole apartment. The bed was comfortable in bedroom. The master bathroom was too big in size and I think it can be done in a better way.
The second bedroom was worst part of apartment and seriously need a better design. The second bathroom is much smaller in size but is good for usage.

The Hotel has only one restaurant and need serious improvement. Apart from one or two dishes nothing lives upto standard of hotel. The front staff is good but few of the front staffs are dent in hotel status.
Hotel has tied up with Gaylord club to provide Gym and club facility and is best part of hotel.
The hotel is a bit pricey and with my experience in Shanghai I felt that I am not going to live here again until I am going to be in Nanjing for a long time. .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Very helpful enlgish speaking staff, who get to know you well as your stay goes on. I have been here for 3 months. I love it, The buffet breakfast in the morning is fantastic. They know exactly what you want soon, and will get it for you when you are there before you need to ask. The gym is great! the pool is fab, the location is great. Close to train lines and supermarket sugo, and carefour. The Staff are always willing to help you with anything you request. I mean ANYTHING!
5 stars. Would not go anywhere else after this place after having to stay here in nanjing for a few months due to work.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank abrecreate
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This is more of a long-stay location that a regular hotel, but I did just stay for one night and was on the whole rather pleased.

When I arrived, I was very impressed with the warm welcome of the staff. They were incredibly friendly, and almost immediately knew my name despite the fact that I was only staying one night. When I got to my room, I could see that the word 'Suites' was appropriate. My room was actually a two bedroom apartment that was probably as big as my place in Hong Kong, complete with a kitchen, washer/dryer, and two enormous flat screen Samsung TVs. The wi-fi access was impeccable from every room in the apartment.

The clubhouse swimming pool was also very impressive, and is to be recommended - a lovely well-designed full-length indoor swimming pool. I suspect it is heated in winter.

Unfortunately I didn't have my trunks so I went to the gym instead, which is windowless and so less impressive. But they had all the basic equipment and machines, it had two TVs to entertain me, and so I can't complain. The staff again were incredibly friendly there.

I enjoyed really everything about the hotel, the service was excellent. With one exception - the breakfast was limpid and rather unremarkable. There is one sullen cook that will make you eggs, but I would say of the nice places I've stayed at in China the buffet was one of the least impressive. Perhaps that is to be expected given that many people probably eat in their own apartments.

For some people that want to go as tourists, this is also a suboptimal location, because it is in the new city (full of empty apartment buildings nearby), and also cab drivers have never heard of it. when you visit, make sure you get an exact address in chinese before you go.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Public_Dave