“Nice adventure”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice adventure”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

just got home from one of our best days ever, wow what a wonderful experience. My family and I were on the river today and thoroughly enjoyed it. From start to finish your team took fabulous care of us, certainly easy to see why your company is considered the best. Thank you so much for your generosity, please pass along my thanks as well to Larry, Deb, your entire team …and a very special mention to our guide Max, she was awesome. So thank you again….btw we placed and order for a video before we left as well but could not stay to pick it up so I think its coming in the mail

• Indonesian first
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great scenery , good price now very exciting though and crap food .”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday is suppost to be the "hard" river was really easy not very thrilling still fun though for about 30$ aud each. Change rooms and dunnys were pretty gross and I'd take your own towel cause they didn't look clean also food was cold and revolting didn't really want to each it as I was scared of getting sick also drinks arnt included and are pretty pricey. Guides were good but seemed very bored and English wasnt perfect also can we got picked up in was hot and the stairs at the end were horrible slippery steep and a lot of them not good after using heaps of engery I'm young and felt like collapsing . Alright day needed more thrills!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Misshan94
Perth, Australia
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Excellent adventure tour”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was not my first outing with Bali View Rafting and it is easy to understand why. The hotel pick-up was on time and polite. After a reasonably long drilve up to the high ground, checking into the facility is a bit strange. While you receive a small container of bottled water, you just stand around waiting for your guide to introduce himself and to formalise payment provide you with your equipment and the briefing.

That is all forgotten when you shove off and your adventure begins. The guides are good, negotiating their way down the rapids with skill and expertise. At just over 12 km, you can expect to take around 2 hours for your adventure to unfold. Some of the highlights are the stop at the waterfall and the 4 metre drop over the wall. There is a 6 metre drop, however, you disembark just before while the guide pushes the empty raft over the edge and collects it on the other side.

At the end of the trip, a climb up the stairs with paddle and life jacket is all that is needed, the support staff look after the raft while you hit the showers and into dry clothes. Lunch is provided, the guides come around with photographs of your day for sale. I was very happy with our guide and was more than happy to tip him, we had laughs, some spills, plenty of adventure and it was all done safely.

Visited December 2012
Vancouver
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good typical Balinese activity”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was very concerned about safety when I determined I wanted to go rafting. I read reviews and felt if I was going to go rafting, this company would be the best of the lot, which isn't saying a lot

I say this is a typical Balinese activity because the guides were more interested in the fun aspect, but not concerned about safety. During our short briefing, guide didn't even tell us what we should do if we fell into the river. It was only because a rafter asked did he tell us as an afterthought. Safety is definitely second.

To be honest though, the waters are very shallow, so I felt better about the lack of safety. If I fell in, it wouldn't be catastrophic

The guides should warn you that there is a 5 metre drop at the end of the activity, just in case you've got some participants that may not take it too well

Everything people have previously written about the scenery and stairs is 100% correct

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DelfinAndOso
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Would have been 5 stars had they not openly lied to us”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We recently went to Bali on my first trip there. There were eight in our group ranging in age from 26 to 60 years. With a range of physical ability. One of our group suffers from MS. Whilst this doesn't stop this person from doing many things, the one limitation on their physical ability is climbing steps.

With this in mind I spent a lot of time contacting the various rafting companies to enquire about the step situation as some of our group had been rafting before (not with this company)and had encountered many debilitating steps even for the fittest members of our group.

Bali view rafting got back yo me saying there were no steps to begin the rafting with 20 steps at the end, they were even quite specific about the ending steps saying there were quote - 12 steps then a platform then 8 steps.....

We thought that was quite acceptable for our MS sufferer and booked with them online.

When we arrived we found there were steps down to get down the river around 40 and asked again if there were steps to come back up. To which they said no, so we paid our balance and got kitted out.

After we had gone down the steps to the river we asked again about the end, we were told there were more than 20 steps but less than 100....... We hoped for the best in that they would be reasonable steps.

The trip on the river was awesome and our guide Katut was just brilliant, we cannot fault him or our photographer who took some amazing shots of our action trip.

However when the rafting finally finished ad we got out of the rafts we were told there were 160 steps, all very large steps, very slippery and mostly uneven, it was quite a hard slog for even the fittest members of our group. By the time we had all made it to the top - one of our group in a terribly fatigued state, we were all extremely angry with the company for their blatant lies. Again our guide Katut was amazing, staying at the end of our party to help the last member up the steps, it was not his fault.

The question was asked by one of our group, being that such a good time was had on the water, was the climb at the end not worth it, to which the answer came back .. No way. Definitely would not have done it, if they had known about the steps.

I am posting this for anyone else who may be looking for a rafting trip without steps - THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY TO CHOOSE.

6 Thank Joy R

Been to Bali View Rafting? Share your experiences!