“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

What a bargain! AU $100 for two adults and two kids- including transfers from Sanur, two hours of rafting and a tasty lunch. Our guide was great and we had a fantastic day. (The 450 steep steps on the way down to the river were okay but 200 or so on the way up nearly killed me!!) We'll be back next year!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank hippychick808

• Indonesian first
australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We loved this activity. The rating was medium. Beware as with all rafting trips there is a lot of steps down to the river and back up. So if you have dodgy knees etc consider this before booking. It did feel quite unsafe in some spots walking down but the rafting was so much fun. It was great having water splashing wars with other rafters. Lots of laughter and fun. A couple of stops on the way to view waterfalls and stop off for drinks (which of course you are charged for) Twice we were able to get out of the boat and float down the river over the rapids. I missed seeing a lot of rocks but my bottom certainly found them. At the end after a long walk up there was lunch which I did not really like. We bought a photo for 50,000 (around $5 AUD). Lots of others trying to sell sarongs etc.. But overall a great day.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank startinout
Singapore
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Dishonest raft guide”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Went to Bali in Mar 2013 and no doubt wanted to try river rafting there. Heard about Bali Adventure Tour but found it to be too expensive in contrast to some of the other competitors. Signed up for Bahama Rafting through one of the agents near Kuta beach at a cheaper rate.

As expected, there were unwanted 'surprises' waiting for us. The rafting itself was ok only, so-so, and it actually depends on your luck. If you had a good guide with you from what we observed, it could well be a memorable and fun ride. Unfortunately, we met with a lousy guide which ruined our entire experience. Here's why.

Before the ride, when climbing down the long flight of stairs to the river, the raft guide tried to separate us with the other group of tourists whom were supposed to be on the same raft. He kept asking us to walk faster to widen the distance between both groups. When the rear group is nowhere to be seen, he starting his crap that the 2 girls from the rear group were 'scared' and they had tipped him, supposedly for greater safety. I actually asked him why they wanted to go rafting in the first place, but anyway, he showed us a RP 100k note, and kept saying you want tip?

We could tell he was trying to smoke us, but didn't want to offend him before the ride. As we stopped to take out money, he saw the rear group approaching and quickly say never mind later later. During the 'break' time, we finally got a chance to speak to the other group while the guide was taking a break, and found that he too had told them we had already paid him the 'tips', which explains why he said never mind earlier. Can't possibly be paying him again and again right?

To summarise the trip, the guide was terrible and lazy, kept wanting us to row and row like competitive rafting. Kept using despicable methods to tell us to pay him tips Throughout the ride, even after it ends. Shower facility was bad, scenery was so-so, and thus my poor rating. Wish you guys get luckier with a better guide!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank ileaf
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved the rating but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Just got back from 2 weeks in Bali,and we always try something new so gave the Bahama Rafting a try went with Family of 10 ages ranging from 10 to 70 ( told them Nan was 65 )
paid 350,000.00 for adults (35 dolars) and 300,000.00 for the kids and this included the driver picking us up in seminyak from our hotel , lunch and drop off so very cheap BUT if we had known the guide would harp on in the raft for the whole 2 hours about how he didnt get paid much and how we would need to give him a tip I would rathe pay more for the trip and enjoy the rafring .It really did spoil the day and think if I was to go rafting or recomend rafting I would try a different company

Visited January 2013
4 Thank deborah f
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good fun with teenagers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

With trepidation I set off to do the rafting with my son and a friend of his. Given that I have had two discs replaced in my back I was a littled worried that it might be a little dangerous for me. We have a trusted driver and he has always looked after us. He recommended Bahama rafting. It was reasonably priced and as a friend living in Bali pointed out, it was a good long ride (10 Kim's). The staff were all friendly and experienced. It was a bit of trek down to the rafts but a nice stroll amongst the forest. Well the boys were up for race, so we were constantly trying to race the rafts in front. It was always fun to pass the other rafts as we all had water fights. The rapids were gentle and rarely scarey. We did jump in to swim a few times and enjoyed the waterfalls along the way. To my relief there was nothing to be worried about and we had a fun race down the river. The boys enjoyed it and we're keen to step up to the more challenging destinations.

Visited December 2012