“New & second hand book”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“New & second hand book”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place is heaven, located opposite Neka Gallery, have many kind of books, new & old alike. I bought many goodbooks and brought back with me, still enjoying them now. There are books for all ages.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank AnitaJo J

Bali
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“The only bookshop in Ubud for me”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Has the best selection of new and second hand books in town, as well as gifts if you are trying to find something special. The staff are always amazing. I don't think I've ever gone in and left without finding something I had to get. Bookworms look no further!

2 Thank indobb
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frustrating”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

After perusing through the shelves and shelves of books in poor condition, my two books of excellent condition were refused to be bought because they weren't good enough. Frustrating. Rude. Cheers.

Visited September 2013
AnitaGanesha, Owner at Ganesha Bookstore, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Like most used bookshops do, we are selective about books we purchase. As our bookshop policy states we don't buy books in poor condition or books in genres in which we are already overstocked. We have 3 bookshops and a warehouse and in August received 27 boxes of used books in pristine condition. As your books were in good condition, then they were rejected because we were overstocked in that genre. I am truly sorry you felt that the rejection of your books was rude. It is never our intention to be rude to anyone who walks into our premises.
Singapore, Singapore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice seller”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Good location in Ubud and the seller is a very friendly lady. We did ask her about which restaurants we should dine that evening. We gave us many tips and we couldn't be anymore grateful.

The bookstore carries a wide array of Balinese books and cosmetics stuffs: lip balm, Balinese salt and etc. It was one of the loveliest places in Ubud.

Check it out!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank tingalinh
Thank you for your kind words about our Bookshop. Please come and visit us again when you are next in Bali.
San Francisco, California
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Good selection of current titles ans Bali culture”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Books are in good condition, decent selection for fiction and contemporary lit in English. I thought the books were a little high in price but they do have a 50% buy back of their titles.

1 Thank lianelau