“Excellent..Just made my day :)”

FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #62 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here 2 nights after a long flight arriving at midnight, Hotel's staff was waiting with our name on the board and quickly escort us to the car who arrived soon after. The lobby had few guests upon our arrival, but check-in was swift and took only few minutes. The Lobby was huge and modern, with restaurant beside it. I quickly go to my room as I was super tired already, guess what, I was amazed by the size of the room for Airport Hotel and it was very clean, just what I need after a long flight. All the staff greet me and smile, i feel welcomed :)

Next day the concierge helped me arrange the transport to go around, got some of tourist information booklet too from the reception. On evening, I tried the swimming pool, which was luxurious, and Sauna too, relaxation is in the house.

Restaurant was busy at night, a lot of staff walking around with tempting food. My waitress recommended some of their specialty, and it come out beautifully. I recommend the Tom Yum, so much flavours to dance in your mouth. To top-up the day, i finished up with spa which cost so affordable.

No noise was present in the room, although they are quite near to airport. Deep sleep I had. Trip to be remember it was.

Tips: arrange your free pick up service upon reservation, be sure you give them flight details.

Room Tip: Choose the Junior Suite, definitely value for money!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomsonz
fm7hotel, Assistant General Manager at FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

Thank you very much for your valuable comment and sharing your experience upon your stay with other Tripadvisor’s viewers.

I am happy to hear that you choose FM7 Resort Hotel as your preferred accommodation near Jakarta Airport. I can understand how tired you might be after your long flight especially arriving at midnight, and that our Airport Representative impressed you.

I am also glad that you like our Hotel’s design and our 24-hour Concierge helped you with tourist’s information. I would recommend you to try our “Tom Kha” and “Som Tum” designed by our Thailand Guest Chefs on your next stay in the near future.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed our spa and you had a nice rest on your last stay. I will make sure to forward all your valuable compliments to all related departments, we will strive to maintain the standard and serve our valuable guests better such as yourself.

Thank you for your tip regarding the free pick-up service arrangement, so it will be benefit to fellow Tripadvisor’s viewers. I am very much looking forward to welcome you to FM7 Resort Hotel for your next stay.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in November and returned this April for two. What a horrid experience! It started with the air pick up- the guy wouldn't help carry our bags to the van, and Im a middle aged woman struggling with three bags. He spent the time talking on the phone, and yea, I can understand you.
When we get to the hotel, the front desk is in a feverish attitude of rude that we have a child. We explain that last time we all slept in the two queen bed but they are freaking out(!) and we end up paying an extra 50 usd for her extra bed. The bell boy was chatty and nice.
We go to the spa and request an appointment for the next day. All is fine until I foolishly ask if they know which room we are in, ( they hadn't asked and it seems a reasonable request to assure they actully made it to iur room) and I got the roling eye, flopping head and " god you are so stupid" tone of voice usually reserved for a teen to a parent.
The latest thrill of attitude is at breakfast when asked if there is any bread for the toaster, the waitress jerks her thumb to the empty bread basket and throws down a wicked sigh. Now this was to my daughter, who is young sweet and polite. As she set down, embarrassed and hurt, she said, " I guess they don't want me here."

With the way they are acting, they don't want anyone here.

Room Tip: The whole place is a smoking establishment, halls, rooms restaurant..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank trevadea
fm7hotel, Assistance General Manager at FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

Thank you for your valuable feedback to share with other travelers.

I am glad to find out that you enjoyed your first stay with us and you made decision to come back. It is quiet surprising for me to hear from you that our Airport Representative did not help with you bag; however the driver was there to help you as well.

FM7 Resort Hotel currently does not have two Queen Bed in any type of room as in your comment. Child under 12 years old is allowed to stay without an extra bed, however in other case we never had an extra bed which cost US $50. In fact the extra bed cost far less than that.

Please email us with your stay details so I can accurately follow up with the related departments, as it is in my great interest to maintain Hotel’s Standard and it is our priority to serve our guests to have an enjoyable experience.

Once again thank you for choosing FM7 Resort Hotel as your preferred Hotel near Jakarta Airport, we are looking forward to welcome your friends and colleagues.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The rooms were very big, that is for sure. But there are acoustic problems with the corridor. You could hear people walking and talking at the corridor even when the bedroom door is closed. The front desk personnel needs to be upgraded. Their english is barely adequate, and they are slow in checking in their guests. They do not know how to explain the reason why they are asking for a room deposit almost equal to 150% of the room rate. I also almost missed my hotel pick up arrangement because the personnel stayed at another arrival exit gate. Its a good thing the airport security were helpful in looking for the FM7 airport agent. The taxis at the airport were irritating, always approaching you and nobody is in a good mood if you arrive in a midnight flight.

This airport hotel is very adequate if just staying overnight because jakarta traffic is terrible, and that includes the traffic TO the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing FM7 Resort Hotel as your preferred accommodation near Jakarta Airport.

I regret to hear that you could hear the over noise from other guests, and the check-in process was slower than you expected. I will review your concern with the Front Office Manager to maintain the Hotel’s standard.

It is standard for Hotel room’s deposit to be greater than the room rate which may cover the room rate and security deposit which may also be use for room service, mini bar, and all other facilities which are available to be charged to the room for our guest’s conveniences

Our pick up services are customized to the customer’s request with unique flight details, our dedicated Airport Representative is assigned to pick-up our guest with guest’s name plate at the right side of guest’s arrival hall in the airport, which was advised upon pick-up service request. Guest may contact our 24-hour Concierge service for any query, which is on our website and on reservation confirmation.

I understand that the Airport situation may be irritating for many travelers, therefore I strongly recommend to use our free pick-up service and shuttle to the Airport to avoid such discomfort. Arrangement may be made directly with the Hotel by phone or email with your information including flight details.

I am pleased to hear that our location near Jakarta Airport is very beneficial to you to avoid the traffic in Jakarta.

Once again, thank you for valuable comment. I am looking forward to welcome you again and serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

If you need to overnight near Jakarta Soekharno Hata Airport, FM7 is a good option. It is not far, maybe 15 min by car, clean, with a decent spa. The restaurant is fine - decent food, reasonable prices. Could be a bit noisy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JS4242

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us in your recent visit.

I am glad to hear that our strategic location which is nearby from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport benefited you, and you enjoyed your stay at FM7 Resort Hotel.

On the behalf of our staff and management, we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Check-in was confusing; upon arrival at reception I was told because I had an executive room I needed to go to the executive reception. This was on the first floor and at the other end of the large hotel. So much so, that I found when trying to find the resturant the next morning they put on a golf kart shuttle service to the resturant.

The whole checkin process was very confusing, once I got to the correct reception, it was hard to hear what was being said due to a loud function that was taking place. The executive reception seemed less executive than the normal reception at the front of the hotel.

The executive room was large but sparsely furnished. The room was clean, though did smell a little smokey.

The breakfast choice was reasonable, but staff service pretty poor. Plenty of them around, but they seemed not to want to interact with the guests.

I did not try the gym or pool, so can not comment.

To sum up, for me, this was ok for a one night airport stop over.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jon_Travels

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

Thank you for your stay at FM7 Resort Hotel which is located nearby Jakarta Airport and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Firstly I do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay, please allow me to use this opportunity to explain some of your concern.

FM7 Resort Hotel has Main Lobby and Executive Lobby. For Executive Club guest’s convenience, they may use the dedicated executive lobby for check-in and check-out. Golf Cars are provided for guest’s transport around FM7 Resort Hotel free of charge. Executive club room is located near our facilities for guest’s benefit upon their stay; however I do value your perspective.

The rooms in FM7 Resort Hotel are inspired by minimalist and modern design, hence the furniture used are aligned with this concept. The idea is to create a spacious and simple atmosphere for staying guests.

Executive Club room’s guests are entitled to have free in-room service breakfast; however guests are also entitled to join our varieties of breakfast menu at the restaurant. During the month of your stay, we had a really high occupancy of the rooms. It is a challenge for us to accommodate all the guests’ needs at the shortest time as possible, however I do apologise for your discomfort at the restaurant and I will review your concern with our Food and Beverage Manager.

I would like to recommend you to use our facilities such as the gym with personal trainer, swimming pool, hot and cold whirlpool and especially the steam and sauna on your next stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward for an opportunity to welcome you again to FM7 Resort Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your stay to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

"Desk" manager [--] Chen came around very aggressively when asked why the hotel would take a credit card deposit for more than a night's stay. Instead of explaining the procedure - which is an unnecessary hassle in itself and opens the door to credit card fraud - in a friendly way, he threatened to refuse to let me check-in, knowing it was late in the evening, I had a flight out the next morning and the hotel had already wasted my time by taking one hour!!! for the pick-up from the airport to the hotel. He should be fired immediately. I felt very, very uncomfortable during my night's stay. This is the first time I - as the paying customer - have been treated this way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 87Silke
fm7hotel, Assistant General Manager at FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

Thank you choosing us as your preferred Hotel in Jakarta, and spending time to write a review in Tripadvisor.com. Unfortunately, I do have to clarify some of your points which may be misleading for other Tripadvisor viewers and travellers.
From my review of your case, I found out that our front desk’s staff had already explained to you prior to Mr. Chen, who once again explained to you upon check-in that it is Hotel’s Standard Operating Procedure to take deposit for a guest’s stay. This deposit may cover the room rate and security deposit which may also be use for room service, mini bar, internet and all other facilities which are available to be charged to the room for our guest’s conveniences. It is also found that your reservation is using credit card which was not in your name, therefore we need that to be presented upon check-in process to be validated, and this is to avoid fraud itself. Moreover, in your case we did offer cash as alternative upon check-in. FM7 Resort Hotel takes fraud seriously and we do all steps to ensure this does not happen.
FM7 Resort Hotel is located nearby Jakarta Airport. At the time of your pick up which was midnight, there was no heavy traffic; hence it did not take one hour from the Airport to the Hotel.
I believe that everything was cleared upon check-in, and you also offered to shake hand with Mr. Chen, however I do apologise if you feel uncomfortable during your stay. We are looking forward for you and your friends to stay with us, and I wish that you have a pleasant stay next time.

Assistant General Manager
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

Thank you choosing as preferred Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by my guide in Borneo. A very convenient hotel if you are just wanting to stay overnight and catch a plane the next day. Clean and comfortable with an excellent restaurant. Has the feel of an industrial office building that has been made over. The pool is ok but it is part of a public fitness club so can be a little weird as a female hanging out with the predominately male members at the pool and spa. The only other women there at the time were wearing very modest swim suits and were there with their husbands. But my kids liked it anyway. Internet was expensive and often hung-up on us.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank lindarm
fm7hotel, Assistance General Manager at FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear guest,

Warmest greeting from FM7 Resort Hotel!

I would like to also thank you for your valuable comment. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied by our facilities and restaurants. Our location which close to the airport and can be accessed within 10 minutes benefited most of our guests, and I am glad that it is also benefited you during your stay. Our location which is in a business area also
helps and brings convenient to our business guests.

The indoor swimming pool, hot/cold whirlpool, steam, sauna and fitness center with personal trainer are the facilities that we provided free for our in house guests and exclusive members. The facilities are open 06.00AM until 10.00PM. We are glad to hear that you and your family members are enjoying those facilities.

We provide free Wi-Fi at the lobby and restaurants, high-speed broadband internet services are available in the room. Internet charge is used to ensure a more limited user so the speed can be provided at a maximum level. I’m apologies that the internet connection is not being successful when you were accessing it. Thank you for your input, we will do necessary step to maximize the internet connection for all of our guests.

Once again thank you for your review, we are looking for your next stay at FM7 Resort Hotel.

Assistance General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Bandara Hotel
#20 of 53 in Tangerang
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
#137 of 464 in Jakarta

Been to FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!