“Authentic Indonesian Food”

Tesate Restaurant - Plaza Senayan
Ranked #263 of 7,737 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“Authentic Indonesian Food”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The food was authentic and the price is reasonable for the quality of the food. The list of tasty Indonesian dishes is long and you better be careful not to order too much, then the local deserts are a dream.
We know that the service is very slow, so we ordered the food in advance as we were a party of 20. If you're in Jakarta and love Indonesian food, this is definitely a must.

• Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
“Tesate Pacific Place - Slow and Overpriced”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I went there with a group of friends. We ordered various seafood and 'jajan pasar'. The food was okay but the drinks were way too sweet for my taste. Service was a bit on the slow side too while the restaurant wasn't even full. I ordered Wedang Jahe and I could hardly drink it, needed water straight away but of course, the only water available in the restaurant was the overpriced Equil ones. Paid Rp1.5million for a small amount of food. I have to compare it with Remboelan where my friends and I ordered so much food and only had to pay Rp 600,- You bet I won't be going back. :-)

• Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Highly tasty traditional menus, but not the satays”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The things with Tesate is that you cannot help but make a comparison to its less expensive but arguably more favored sibling Sate Khas Senayan. Tesate obviously serves more types of traditional menu, enticing local and foreign patrons alike with its taste. It also offers a visibly upscale and classy setting and nuance. But when it comes to the quality of the satays themselves, my family and I felt Tesate falls short in taste and variety.

I also need to point out that the waiters did not seem to possess adequate knowledge about the menus, as they were unable to explain what most of the traditional menus (that, admittedly, many aren't too familiar of) are. In one visit, the waiters said the satays are not spicy, while we felt they were actually very spicy; a fatal mistake to make.

Nevertheless, Tesate is one of the better and certainly more classy places to taste traditional and authentic Indonesian food.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MPandu
Switzerland
“Excellent Indonesian food to spend your money on”
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I have always liked this restaurant, they bring out the taste of local flavors in a different and modern way. The atmosphere is very calming, great service. I recommend "nasi oncom" and "sate lilit" my favourite!

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Satay, Indonesian food in comfort place”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Sweet "sate Ponorogo", sate bebek (duck satay) and wedang temulawak (hot drink) are items I like. May next visit maybe for sate sapi ungaran, goat satay, goat ribs. There are also variety of fish/sea-food menu (woku fish,grilled dabu-dabu, crabs, etc). Location is comfort, interior with lampions. Staffs are friendly and polite, but the one who served my table may need better knowledge of the menu ...

• Visited January 2013