“A Different Kind of Satay”

Tesate Restaurant - Plaza Senayan
Ranked #240 of 8,217 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Through a friend's recommendation, it was a different kind of satay that I am being used too and I kinda like it. The sauce comes in different form and it is the sauce that makes or break the satay dish. Must try is the tahu telor goring. A toufu deep fried in egg white ... yummy!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This place did not inspire me in anyway. Situated in a busy shopping mall - it lacked character and felt a bit like a non-descript chain. The food was not so-so, the satay is nice though not amazing. One up from fast food restaurant if you are in the area. Service good

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I went here to take my guest to taste authentic Indonesian food, and it's pretty good actually. My only hope was that Tesate have a restaurant/outlet OUTSIDE a shopping mall, so it have a more "traditional" look and feel to it.

Food is great. But what amazed me the most is the attention to all details. They have a traditional "Gerobak" Surabi at the entrance, a traditional street food, and we order that one (a bit too sweet, actually). All the decor, even the cutlery, is very well picked. Price is somewhat a bit pricey.

Recommended if you're taking a guest for a traditional Indonesian food.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had lunch with my family we ordered satay Ponorogo, Tahu telor, lamb satay, Soka crab and squid fried ring. The lamb satay not really tender and blend .

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were invited by an Indonesian couple to meet at Tesate for lunch and what a treat. The restaurant itself is situated in a very upmarket shopping Mall, Plaza Senayan, on the 3rd floor. Decorated in modern style with Indonesian traditional decor, very pleasant, helpful staff and softly playing in the background jazz influenced music from Indonesian singers of the 50s and 60s I suspect just lovely. The menu was a delight to read and everything made my mouth water. Our hosts ordered a variety of meals including fish soup, baked fish, satays in peanut sauce, tempeh (tofu), and various rices. The food was delicious, spicy, lots of amazing local flavours . Go and treat yourself.