“Very Very Good. Seriously fantastic.”

Nusa Indonesian Gastronomy
Reserve with Chope
Nusa Indonesian Gastronomy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #415 of 8,993 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$2 - US$37
Description: Nusa, short for Nusantara, means The Archipelago. The homeland of Indonesia consists of more than 17,000 islands and 300 ethnic groups. With the immense landscape, the country reflects its diversity through its resources, cultures, and gastronomy. NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy represents a piece of each region through each bite, with carefully selected ingredients and excellent presentation. Officially opened during the celebration of Indonesian Independence Day on August 17, 2016, NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy’s noble mission is to use the best Indonesian harvests, to cultivate them using authentic cooking processes, and to display them in an artfully original way without leaving their real tastes and genuine characteristics.
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I was taken to Nusa with no understanding what the experience would be like. There is a lot to like about the experience. Just do it.

The location is fantastic. A beautiful building that is well appointed. It is like stepping back and forward in time. I think it would work for bigger groups too.

The service added to the taste off the amazing food. You were given a short understanding of what was in each dish, before you ordered and as it was served.

Adding to the experience was meeting the chef. Who obviously takes a lot of care and interest in the food her serves up. he is also a really nice person.

I am big person and found the five dishes well and truly enough to satisfy my hunger. I would have liked to try more, but I think it would have been too much.

NUSA_Gastronomy, General Manager at Nusa Indonesian Gastronomy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Sam,

Thank you for choosing NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy

Thank you for your compliments and a great dining experience at NUSA. We will have new menu start on 4th of July 2017. Now we only have 7 - 9 set course for dinner. .

We are looking forward for your next reservation.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

1  Thank Tinus H
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I generally do not write reviews but this time I really need to. Last night I had a business dinner at the Nusa restaurant. When I walked in I was greeted by an unbelievably wonderful fragrance. I think it was a mix of the flowers and plants. It was inebriating. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful and peaceful. There were only a few people.

The dinner was a series (7 or 8) of small tasting plates. Each one was a combination of soft and subtle flavors but with a light spicy twist. A perfect balance. I couldn't tell you which one I preferred because I loved them all! It was truly one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. And the dessert....WOW!!! At the end of the dinner, the chef came out to see if we were happy with our meal. Ohhhhh I'd say much more than happy! My compliments Chef!!!

I don't know if this restaurant is known by many here, but I definitely would recommend it to all. TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

1  Thank Diego /Jacqueli... G

Dear Diego,

Thank you for choosing NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy

Our Chef owner Mr. Ragil Imam Wibowo always greeting all the customer to get the feed back to ensure all the guests satisfaction.

We are looking forward for your next reservation.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This is a great find. The restaurant as a venue is unreal and beautiful inside as it is an old dutch style house of grand proportions converted to a superb restaurant.
Nusa provides unique food offering and it delivers in ever way, food, service and venue all 10/ 10 for every aspect. The food is explained through each course.
You can have 3 or 5 set course. Both worth it.
Unlimited water for a set fee to the table a great idea.

Just go there:)) its a must visit. Must must do it.

3  Thank Paul W

Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy

Thank you for your compliments and a great dining experience at NUSA. We will have new menu start on 4th of July 2017. But now we only have 7 - 9 set course for dinner. We looking forward for your next reservation.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Extraordinary! The flavours of Indonesian food raised to a new level of style and presentation by a master chef. The venue is attractive and has a story of its own. The staff are friendly, helpful and more knowledgeable about the food than any restaurant I’ve known since Rockpool. I loved that every dish – and almost every ingredient – has a story. A visit by chef to the table was a plus and a pleasure.

2  Thank MirabelnMuddy

Dear Mirabel,

Thank you for choosing NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy

Thank you for your compliments and a great dining experience at NUSA. We looking forward for your next reservation. We will have new menu start on 4th of July 2017.