All reviews boutique hotel mansard room wood room breakfast in bed small hotel the bed was extremely comfortable central business district light sleeper colonial style included breakfast senayan area first floor coffee machine second home interior design in room dining four seasons
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at The Gunawarman last week, with and interesting twist. Catching up with traffic in Jakarta is a daily affair, and using online moto-bike is (at times) the best mode of transportation. The Gunawarman is located in an established high end residential that turn to be a lifestyle destination. The security greeted me in a big smile and ushered me to the lively restaurant “Sofia” where seconds later I saw a reception desk reminds me of a boutique European ambience.

The Genera Manager also made time to go around meeting guests...highly personalized service.

A cozy and tastefully done hotel with attentive staff. In the evening the restaurant full with good crowd, and I must say the way the mixologist squeezed the lemon while pouring the cocktail was entertaining

Room is comfortable, and the view from my room gives a sense of surrounded with garden, as I see greenery from shady trees around.

Breakfast was good, with juice and bakeries spread and quality hot dishes to choose from. I had my salmon egg Benedict, nicely done.

Would definitely visit again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I'm staying here just for 1 night to celebrate my Wife birthday.
Everything is so satisfying, from location (a lot good restaurant nearby) and room (spacious).
The check in and check out process is very smooth and i dont wait very long.

And the best part for this hotel is their staff.
They are very friendly and accommodating for my request.
They give many surprise to my Wife. Start from room decoration with the petal flowers, animal towel and surprise cake.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aditya W
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The property is very nice and with SOFIA they have a great bistro like breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner restaurant. Very, very detail oriented. Classy and definitely high quality.

The rooms are beautiful and detail-oriented, with a great bed. What I missed was the bidet shower. After so many years in Asia, I miss it when it is not in a bathroom.

Check in process was a bit odd. We arrived at 11pm, with small kids. The receptionist took almost 15 mins to check us in, although everything was paid upfront (Agoda). But the best thing was, that they sent their stormtroopers to empty the minibar, because I did not permit a cc deposit. Really? Stormtroopers at midnight?

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My favourite hotel in Jakarta. Beautifully designed, with exquisite rooms. Has far more character than typical large chain luxury hotels in Jakarta. Extremely friendly in attentive staff. Would thoroughly recommend if you want a more unique luxury hotel experience in Jakarta.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TheGunawarman, General Manager at The Gunawarman, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Shahan A,

Heartfelt thanks for your super assessment of your stay at The Gunawarman,

We are delighted that our offerings and services have granted you satisfaction. Pampering you, our guest, lies close to our hearts. Your positive feedback shows that we have succeeded and you can be sure we will relate this to our staff members.

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you soon again to The Gunawarman

Best Personal Regards,

Dodi Pusdinata
General Manager The Gunawarman

Reviewed 7 April 2018

it's the second time me and family stayed in The Gunawarman, we enjoyed so much, great room interior, comfortable bed, the staffs very helpful and super friendly.
our favourite to enjoy the afternoon tea, peppermint tea and the pastry are soooo good!.
we love the surrounding near by the hotel, many restaurants, coffee shops, and you can discover by walks.
definitely we will coming back !

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear TyasWidias,

It was a great pleasure meeting you and thank you once more for your loyalty towards The Gunawarman,

We highly appreciate your positive feedback on your last visit with us. Your positive feedback shows that we have succeeded and you can be sure we will relate this to our staff members.

We are already looking forward to the next opportunity when we will be able to grant you our familiar atmosphere and dedicated service again at The Gunawarman. Until then, our best wishes.

Best personal regards,