“Our new favourite hotel in Jakarta”

Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Ranked #26 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent 20-23 July in the Hotel Indonesia Kempinski in Grand Deluxe accommodation overlooking the "Welcome Statue" and felt we had made a great choice.

Luxurious accommodation and excellent service delivered by Marc Guenther's team combined with the personal attention by Rahma Sofia made us feel welcome and special.

Thank you for making the stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for posting your experience in Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta on our TripAdvisor page.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated services delivered by our team including Mrs. Sofia. Feedback like yours always inspires us to consistently provide our guests with only the best level of service.

We will be delighted to welcome you again!
With kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2013

5 stars hotel it is... the room is big and comfortable. The shower is classy style and complete so you can find whatever u need. The service is great. We stayed here in school holiday, so they have special gift for family with kids, lego and lego cake, the food in the restaurant is very variative. The location of course in the middle of the city so u can easily go anywhere. No complain.

• Stayed: July 2013
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and you liked the amenities included in our school holiday package. If you are planning to spend your Lebaran holidays in Jakarta we will be happy to welcome you again at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski. Eid ul Fitr package also includes additional benefits as complimentary upgrade to the next room category which offers a bigger room and more space for you and your family.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

you can almost get lost in the lush bedding - plenty cushions, huge bed, very comfortable! the desk is big and has multi plugs, so no need for adaptors. only the amount of brochures, information and paperwork is too much! the bathrooms are huge with the luxury of two sinks - but the fully automated toilet which senses your approach (and much more) is over the top for my taste. one gripe, thou| this was not a busy time in Jakarta, and I joined a big group that hasd not only booked many roo s but also conference facilities - yet the staff was totally inflexible when a misunderstanding about an early check in that was not needed (but admittedly not communicated clearly by the booker) was discovered. the hotel insisted on charging for the extra night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking a time to share your opinions with us. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the services we delivered to you. We will be happy to assist you with your next conference and event also in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

" LOVE THE LITTLE ATTENTION "
Had Breakfast and Dinner on 3rd of May with my colleague from French ( he stayed at your Hotel ) at Signatures Restaurant which was Spacious. The service was good. Its my First time to had dinner in Signatures Restaurant. ( i am from Riau and i am
Not stayed in your Hotel ) It's a good business Hotel & is well Located in a new Upcoming Business District.
Like 5Stars Hotel, this Hotel was also up to my expectation ( and More ! ). Everything was Perfect ( on our side especially my French Colleague ) during our Bfast and Dinner all of your staff so Friendly. Specially to Indy & Bernita ( when We had dinner on 3rd of May 13 ) eventhough that nite they r busy but they still have time to pay attention to our table.
My next Dinner with my family Indy handle our table and her Help my wife about the food regarding my wife is vegetarian. Indy choosed the food for my wife & she loved so much Focaccia ( indy choosed Grilled Veg Panini for my wife ). My wife so be Thankfull to Indy, Bernita & Tito as well on that night.
This week my last day in Jakarta ... But almost a week I didn't see Indy In Signatures Restaurant We want to say THANK YOU because of Her me & my family can have a great vacation during my stayed in jakarta. Her suggest me to visit a Little Island near Jakarta. She knows everything about Island and Mountain.
Special Thanks from my French Colleague goes to Indy For all the information about jakarta and Indonesia and he likes your French pronounce.
Once Again My Hat tip goes to Indy and all Signatures staff during my French stayed.
if i compare with other 5 star Hotel, I better choosed Hotel Indonesia Kempinski .

Next visit we will book for Lunch or dinner and I hope We can still meet both of you.

A tiny note for Improvement : for Buffeet Not Much Variety Menu.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Personalized service is of great importance for Kempinski and feedback such as yours always inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the best level of service.

We will be happy to welcome you again!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Weekend can be super crowded. Especially during long weekend, fasting month (Ramadhan), school holiday (Mid June-mid July) or Hari Raya Puasa (Eid al-Fitr).

Please ask for room that is facing the Bundaran Hotel (roundabout).

Breakfast is always superb. I like its bubur ayam (Indonesian's style chicken porridge).

There is some superb hair-saloons nearby : Alfons Salon: Grand Indonesia, East Mall 3rd Fl Unit 46 tel 2358-1060 or just cross the road and go to Lu'Vaze L3# 84,85,95. Ph:(021)310 7614. Making an appointment in advance is recommended. Ask for a senior hair-stylist.

Many descent eating places nearby: Cafe Betawi Grand Indonesia, West Mall LG Fl Unit 08
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1. I love its soto Betawi, pempek and kue rangi.

Ismaya Catering and Social House that have the same owner are also recommeded. If you come to Social House or SoHo in the evening ask for seats near to the glass door cos you have beautiful view looking at the Bundaran H.I.

Marche.

Ninety Nine

Takemori

If you cross the road and go to Plaza Indonesia, there are more choices:
Paparazi restaurant provides Italian food at Plaza Indonesia Basement Floor, Sushi Tei on the first floor,

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bundaran Hotel. If you travel with a senior family member, ask for a sp...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hepzibah T

Thank you for posting a lovely comment on TripAdvisor. We are always very happy to hear such a positive feedback from our valuable guests. We agree that view to Budaran roundabout is just stunning and that’s why we always recommend our guests to reserve a room with the view to make their stay even nicer.
We are looking forward to meet you again at the Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta!

With kind regards

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here a couple of times with no problems. As everyone else has mentioned, the property is linked to one mall and opposite another, so it is a great convenience for shopping and groceries. The breakfast is so-so but you can always walk 5 minutes to social house instead.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at the Hotel Indonesia Kempinski. I always stay here whenever I travel on business. The hotel is located next to the shopping mall. I stayed at the Grand Deluxe Room which was so spacious with elegant decorations. I could see the welcome monument from my window. Not to mention the over-size bathtub, I never say no to spend half an hour in it.

This time I ordered foods from in-room dining service. I called them at 6 p.m. and told them that I'd love to have my dinner in my room at 8:30 p.m. when I come back to the room. I returned at 8:25 p.m. and you know what they really followed my instruction, never late never early, exactly 8:30 p.m. the dinner was delivered. This is so impressive.

I surely will stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe Room with the monument view :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read your positive review and glad that we could contribute making your trip to Indonesia a great experience.

Thank you once again for your thoughtful feedback.