“Best hotel in Jakarta”

Ranked #11 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best hotel in Jakarta”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My first time staying in kempinski hotel Indonesia was flawless. Although it is a bit pricey, but from check in process, complimentary room upgrade, excellent choice of breakfast and check out process were the best.
The room amenities were top class and beyond my expectation. Definitely recommended and will come back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John J
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel.

We are glad to know that you were happy with our efficient staff, breakfast selections and room amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed in hotel for 4 days because i had to apply my German visa in the embassy which is across the hotel with my family. I am a regular visitor in this hotel and I loved every visit i had in the hotel. I enjoyed this hotel because it has a bridge connecting to a mall with full facilities. This hotel is located in a very strategic location because it's in front of the "Selamat Datang Monument" and it's a very good area for shopping, entertainment and nightlife.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing to the "Selamat Datang Monument", it's good for a glimpse of t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrworldwide216
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are happy to see that our location at the diplomatic and shopping district was indeed very helpful for your last visit.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend getaway in the city. If you live in Jakarta you know that any escape from the traffic is a break. Staying at this hotel allowed me to enjoy the city without having to deal with the traffic. The hotel is connected to cinemas, shopping malls, restaurants and a gym with ever having to cross a road. With the hotel located in the middle of the main street that is closed off for "Car Free" day on Sunday mornings it also provides access to the city on foot when there is no traffic to deal with. The convenience of the location is not relied upon to be the only drawcard for this establishment - the interior style is awesome. Being there on leisure did not mean I had to be anywhere quickly but I must say the directional sigange within the hotel was lacking and I had to rely upon helpful staff to find my way around. The jacuzzi being broken down one night was a disappoinment. I left an article in the room when I checked out. When I rang up the next day they had located it and I was able to retrieve my possesion - thank you Kempinski.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the roundabout give constrant entertainment
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MOB68
Thank you for your kind review and for choosing us as your ‘staycation’ destination in Jakarta, especially with the Car Free Day event and the wide selection of shopping nearby.

We take your note regarding the signage in the hotel and will see how we can improve this as well as other maintenance that we are undergoing to upgrade the facilities.

We hope to welcome you again in your next city break.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had an enjoyable experience at the Kempinski Jakarta.
The rooms are nice, spacious and quiet which is a good point considering the location of the hotel.
Location is excellent with 2 big malls nearby so it's perfect for shopaholic.
On the Saturday morning we had the breakfast in the room and really liked it! So relaxing!
On the Sunday, we had the brunch with some friends and it was good! One of the few brunch i recommend in Jakarta. Attentive service, good dishes variety and good taste. The price is reasonnable! So if you haven't tried their brunch, please feel free!

1 hotel, 1 good location, 1 good breakfast, 1 good brunch: 3 in 1!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WTraveller9
Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the space and leisurely breakfast in the room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to savour our Sunday brunch.

Cope
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

In Jakarta for business and Kempinski is a good choice. The location is great and there is a great history about the hotel. The room nice and comfortable, but the TV was not of same class as the hotel. Temperature control take a few days to master, lack of humidity control is troublesome.
Forget the lounge - during my stay is was crowded with noisy kids and loud families... The lounge very small and the service not very good.
Did have dinner at the Paulaner Brauhaus and that was a good experience. The breakfast spread is great and the coffee fresh.

From the Kempinski brand and the price the hotel is not quite there. A lot of smiles but not a personal touch. A good stay in a comfortable bed but nothing special.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to take a nap with cockroach and have a breakfast with mosquito, please stay here.

The second day of my staying in the afternoon I found a cockroach in my room.

I called house keeping to catch a cockroach but nobody showed up for over 20 min. So I had to call them 4times because cockroach was moving. Finally the duty manager came up but he didn't come into the room and I asked why he didn't try to catch the bug or check the room. Then he was surprise that the cockroach was still there and he caught that.-_-
The worst service ever!!

And next morning I had my breakfast with Mosquitos and one of them tried to eat my watermelon. Too many mosquitos on the lobby.

And finally I moved to another hotel.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank androjm
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a feedback about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the unpleasant experiences in the room and lounge.

Please rest assured that we have a regular treatment by a specialist to prevent this to happen. And when we learned about your experience we immediately had taken necessary measures since this is a rare occurrence. We definitely will use your comments to improve on our housekeeping.

We would be thankful if you could contact us directly via email to info.jakarta@kempinski.com as we would like to offer you our assistance with regards to your unsatisfactory experience with us.

We highly appreciate your comments and are looking forward to your email.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wow ! You have to go and enjoy the experience!

This is home ! I was there for 4 nights .The room is so comfy,quiet and well laid out that I had trouble getting myself to leave the room to go out to meetings. Staff made me feel very welcome ,had great service attitude and were always happy and smiling.

I will be back !

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are really quiet and there is no noise from traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business