“good location, reasonable price, and friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aryaduta Semanggi

Aryaduta Semanggi
Ranked #112 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“good location, reasonable price, and friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel standing tall in the center of business area, walking distance to big shopping mall, international hospital and also public transportation...but they are far from noise since they are within the complex. Room are clean, they refurbish some rooms if I noticed, bed and towels are clean and very comfortable..it just you will feel like home since they are apartment layout and staff very attentive...well do not compare to 5 stars diamond like Hyatt or Ritz etc but very valuable for money, i believe you will feel recognize in this Hotel especially you stay more then 3 days..people are awesome at reception

Room Tip: just ask the reception to get repainted rooms...otherwise don't pay it !!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Adjid G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business purpose. I stayed for 2 nights (initially it was plan for 3 nights, but then I decided to continue my stay in other hotel).

Good thing about this hotel, it is located close with mall (Plaza Semanggi), only need 10 minutes walking from the hotel.

Seems that they convert 1 tower from apartment rooms in the past become a hotel. They still keep the other tower as apartment. Meanwhile, seems that the room arrangement in this hotel still refer to previous when it was apartment.

My secretary booked for me to stay in 1 unit with 1 bedroom. Apparently, when I arrived in the hotel, front desk said that hotel is full so they upgrade my room become 1 unit with 3 bedrooms, in which it was not give me any benefit since I stayed alone. So, 3 bedrooms it is. A quite large unit equipped with kitchen set, dining table with 4 chairs, and a living room with big TV.

So many drawbacks for this hotel, furniture including bathtub are so old, I got a smoking floor which the smoke smell still remains there until inside the cupboard, etc.., electric connection is broken at some location, no working desk (something that i need it the most in this trip). Breakfast is even below from Aryaduta Karawaci Hotel standard.

When I first check-in, front desk told me that I have to pay for the wi-fi connection. Apparently, my secretary told me that it is inclusive in the room rate. The day after, after clarification with the front desk again, they confirmed that yes it is free (bad information??).

Funny story, due to just finished a meeting late night, my colleagues decided to check-in again in this hotel. Surprisingly, they gave my colleagues 1 unit room with 3 bedrooms which they found there was still a suitcase and some clothes inside the room (another blunder??). After apologise, they decided to change my colleagues room to the other room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Big apartment. Good for big group. But everything old slow service. Breakfast not bad. People kind and polite
Room doesn't come with kettle and iron. You have to request then they only will provide but the one they gave me not work

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank yeejia
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed here when I attended a 4-day event in SCCC Sentul City in Indonesia. What I liked about the hotel is its convenient location. (Mall and money changer is a very short walking distance away.) I accommodations I stayed in had 2 bedrooms, a living room, TV and kitchen. It was very convenient to have a fridge and washing machine because I had to use the drier once for the clothes I washed and used for swimming. The swimming pool was also big enough and enjoyable for individuals and families. My room was cozy and I really really enjoyed sleeping there. But the living area and other parts of the apartment-type accommodations looked a bit old. But it was clean nonetheless. Overall, I loved my stay here. The staff were also helpful and approachable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Riza O
Bandar Seri Begawan, null, Brunei
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Good place to stay with group of family or friends. And the place is in the centre near by shopping mall. The service is good too. You can request for water dispenser from the hotel of course have to pay additional but don't worry it really cheap.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

First impressions from the foyer were promising and staff were friendly. That was about all that was going for the hotel. Once we arrived to our room we were greeted with some unusual smells in certain parts of the appartment and decor was ageing badly. The bathrooms were pretty bad along with the kitchenette (wouldn't bother using). The price we paid was pretty high for what we got.

Room Tip: 3 bedrooms weren't good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madillc

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks when we first arrived in Jakarta in 2003 while house hunting. It was nice and the mall wasn't built next to it yet. We left Jakarta in 2011. In March 2013 my sister and I visited Jakarta for 3 days. I suggested to her that we stay there as it was close to the mall. The apartment was spacious and it had a competitive rate but I personally felt it was too old. The bathroom needed some work and the smell that came out of their shower drain was pretty rotten. We had to spray tons of perfume to survive our time there. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.... But somehow, the good memory of 2003 is jaded and gone. It may have had a new coat of paint on their external walls, they should have done something within their walls.....

Room Tip: Check out the rooms before you confirm and pay. We booked ours thru an agent and could not change ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family