“Not bad”

Ranked #160 of 462 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Not bad”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. The location of the hotel is not bad. There is a convenience store (Circle K) just opposite the hotel. 7-11's about a 5 mins walk from the hotel. There are also a couple of small malls 5-10 mins walk away. A couple of huge malls, Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia, are not too far away (15-20min walk/5-10min cab ride. The hotel also provides a complimentary shuttle to Plaza Indonesia. This service is not available on Sundays). There are also a few restaurants near the hotel. Some of the restaurants are pretty good. Traffic just outside the hotel is bad though. Really bad. It was quite scary crossing the road (similar, but I hear that it's worse than places like Bangkok and Vietnam).

Room: The hotel room itself was nice. Similar to what is shown in the pictures. We stayed in the Grand Deluxe room. Very spacious. They also have decent entertainment on TV. HBO, Star Movies, Animal Planet. The bed was quite hard though. Both my husband and I did not feel very comfortable. The bathroom's decent, but there was no curtain or door between the toilet area and the shower area.

Service: Not bad. Once or twice, housekeeping did not bring up what we requested for. We decided to just get it from the front counter itself. Overall though, I have to say that the staff were helpful and smiley.

Swimming pool: Very small. You may not want to swim in the morning though. It overlooks the breakfast area.

Breakfast: Don't expect too much. The variety's not bad, but I didn't find the quality of food particularly good. We ate there only because we had paid for breakfast.

On the whole, it was a pleasant stay, although I don't think I'll stay there again because the firmness of the mattress did not agree with my back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Great Hotel with friendly staff.. Wasnt expect much after reading feedback from tripadvisor from other traveller, however the hotel was nice.. New.. Breakfast is great and its walking distance to shopping places and business district.. about 10Mins walking to Grand/Plaza Indonesia... about 4Mins walk to Sarinah (Nothing much to buy there but there are McDonald in the same building and a 24hrs Starbucks opposite.

Room are clean and comfortable. Perfect! Just that there are no wifi in the room (Only available in public area with password from the reception.) Highspeed internet connection in room. Small pool and gym.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RyanKualaLumpur
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Number One: The one who was welcoming me when I drive through the lobby entrance, miss lead me to the parking space on the basement where there was no elevator to go up to the lobby floor. I thought I made my self clear to him that I want to check in to this hotel. I drove back up again to the lobby entrance and parked my car there. All they can say was simple sorry.
Number Two: My wife was already booked for a baby cot two weeks in advance, but when we checked in, the reception girl simply said that they were running out of the baby cot and she said that there was nothing they can do about it. It turned to be OK though, when they changed the baby cot to an extra bed for free.
Number Three: I just stayed at the hotel for two hours when my magnetic card door keys became expired. I had to go to the lobby floor wearing swimsuit to replace the keys. And again all they can say was a simple sorry.
Later that night there was a single letter slipped in from under the room door signed Mr. Armen Nazaruddin (the hotel Guest Service Manager) expressing his sincere apology for the inconvenient (it suppose to be inconveniences) occurred during my stay. And... that was it.
So, I can't say no more... I won't recommend this hotel to anyone I know, and I would probably not going to spend a dime of my money for this hotel again.... Sorry!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Indra M

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We only spent a couple of nights here and it was an average hotel. Friendly staff and OK food. The location seemed decent enough for us to walk around a bit but it took over 2 hours to get here from the Jakarta airport.

I would certainly stay here again if it was close to where I needed to be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed at the Akmani with a friend in May 2011 and we are both very satisfied guests!

This is one of the better hotel along the lively Jalan Wahid Hasyim. Plenty of food options in the vicinity and a short taxi ride to nearby Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, one of the largest upscale malls in this metropolis with several shopping and dining options. If you prefer to take public transport, the Transjakarta busway is also a short hop away. Hotel location gets two thumbs up from me!

Rooms were clean and very comfortable, with a nice modern, chic touch. Free internet in the rooms, although only by cable, so it was a little tough when both of us wanted to go online. Wifi was only available in the lobby and common areas and you had to request a password to do so. The bathrooms were clean and quite spacious, although there were no shower curtains (the hotel is too sleek for that!) so the whole toilet can get a little wet after a shower.

It was a good spread for their breakfast buffet - nothing compared to the 5-star hotels - but it sure trumps what you get at other 3 - 4 star hotels. We stayed for 3 nights and it was nice to see that they try to vary the selection on different days.

Staff are friendly and helpful and they their best to help make your stay more pleasant. I was surprised that the receptionist also remembered us and a request we made the previous day - this is good service!

Excellent hotel and definitely worthy of a recommendation to all who is looking for a comfortable stay and reasonable prices. If I go back to Jakarta, I will be truly torn between my usual habit of trying out different accommodation or returning to the Akmani Hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Overall the hotel was in a good location if you're wanting to visit the big malls in the area. It was clean and comfortable enough but nothing amazing. It was about an hour from the airport (but this will vary greatly depending on traffic). They claim to be a business hotel, but only have wireless internet on one floor which was inconvenient. The breakfast had a lot of options, but was not good overall. There are signs at the front desk of the prices you can pay if you book within Indonesia, we booked online and paid twice the amount. When we questioned them about it they gave no offer of a price reduction. If you can somehow call to book, I'm sure you'd get a much better deal than their website. There are likely better hotels for the same price point in the surrounding area, we just booked because we were in a time crunch, but wouldn't go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetowander5
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Have stayed at the Akmani many times and overall it rarely disappoints. Location is great in the centre of Thamrin, it is usually priced very competitively and the rooms are tidy and clean with free internet. Once had a problem with the AC that was not rectified very well, but overall very few niggles and great value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo