“Value for money”

Ranked #174 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Don't expect miracles - and not what I'd call 4 star - but the Akmani Hotel is clean, comfortable - and well-enough located to make it a good choice for business travellers or for a short break in Jakarta. The B&B rate includes a well-stocked breakfast buffet which is worth getting up for!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Herwahyudi, Front Office Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mr. Pickford,

Greeting from Akmani Jakarta,

I am greatly appreciative of your time to share your feedback during your stay with us.

I do apologies for any lack of service that you may experience during your stay with us, but we are try to improve our services either by training the staff or upgrading our equipment.

Thank you for choosing Akmani Jakarta and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

WD. Herwahyudi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed there for 4 rooms and all my family members really enjoy for it. With their outdoor restaurant that provide for breakfast time was really amazing so we can see the hectic street from here, Enjoy with a classic things. Hotel Location was amazing, near Sabang street that one of tourism attraction that Jakarta had. The last, you can sit down and relax while the reception served you. Very convenience.

Room Tip: Room facing the street is better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Herwahyudi, Front Office Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Mr. Ramjoncemungutcelalu,

Greeting from Akmani Jakarta!

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience during your stay with us at Akmani Jakarta.

I have shared your positive comments to the team and they feel proud to have made a positive impression during your stay at with us

Once again thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

WD Herwahyudi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I planned to have a two night stay in this hotel. However we only stayed one night and decided to go to Bandung because the amenities and the room decor, although it is a four star hotel, seemed to be only a three star one. The rooms and the hotel seemed to have black as a dominant colour and this did not go well with us as the ambiance was certainly not a welcoming one for us. The breakfast was'nt a fantastic one as the spread is rather limited although the staff in the restaurant were on the whole friendly.

The only advantage for this hotel is its location, which is right in the middle of Jakarta itself, thus allowing its guests to enjoy the shopping malls nearby as well as the restaurants which are many around the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnuwarBA
Herwahyudi, Front Office Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mr. AnuwarBA,

Greeting From Akmani, Jakarta

Thank you for posting your experience during your recent stay and my apologies to you.
We are very concerned and take all our valued guest reviews responsibly. These are not what we expect from our service delivered to each of our guest, your feedback has greatly contributed to our efforts of improvement.
I certainly hope that you previous experience will not prevent you to patronize our hotel on your future visit to Jakarta

Once again, my sincere apologies and I look forward for you next visit at Akmani Jakarta.

Warmest Regards,

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of days. This hotel is located in one of the best location in Jakarta, Jln Wahid Hasyim, which is very strategic street when you can go anywhere you like. the service in the hotel are wonderful, the breakfast was very delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZBelkhamza
Herwahyudi, Front Office Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Mr. ZBelkhamza,

Greeting from Akmani Hotel Jakarta

I am greatly appreciative of your time to share your positive feedback during you stay with us.

I am delighted that you have a good experience during stay with us.

indonesia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Akmani is located in a very strategic area, relatively new so it's still fresh and newly designed.
There are so many restaurants near the hotel, convenient store, and malls. It's also easy to find public transport and taxi. However, for a hotel like Akmani, the food is not various. So i am a bit dissappointed with the food choice

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Overall, not a bad hotel, however there were a few things that I felt could have been improved. One was the very limited parking. However, I am aware that there are other hotels in that area that do not even have basement parking. Location is reasonable good. I did like the style of the building and it had a quirky feel to it. However, what I would have liked was a little bit more light. It is very dark and black inside and out. Again, this may be to the taste of others. Was a bit disappointed that there were not more western options available at breakfast. In particular, a decent selection of cereals. I am not sure there were any cereals at all. The main issue though, was breakfast is located outside, and this is very uncomfortable when you are sweating from the heat. Room was good and had everything I would expect.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel frequently in this hotel, at least 80 room nights in 2012-2013.
What I like:
+Room is clean , bathroom is good.
+Location is good, in CBD very near to many restaurants. Just beside the hotel you can find nice seafood restaurant Saung GrenVille, convenient stores. 5 mins by taxi to major shopping malls : Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia.
+relatively easier to get a room in this hotel, partly because they don't do much business events for companies, unlike most 4 star hotels in Jakarta.
+Relatively quiet since it is not a big as others, each floor can only be accessed with designated keycard.
+nice breakfast spread for those who like local foods, although they do have egg station and also serve limited varieties of bread.
+very elaborate laundry service, too elaborate in my opinion, for example, laundry need to be collected before 10am or else they will call your mobile to inform you that the laundry can only be ready by the next day. They will also will not deliver the cleaned laundry to the room if the guest is not in the room. However I do understand the rationale behind these 2 policies. Laundry are delivered with individual plastic pack, complete with carton straightener and plastic clips to ensure tip top condition.
What I dislike:
- inflexible check-in policy even though I'm a frequent guest and provided my itinerary to them.
-WiFi signals are not consistently available in all rooms.
-getting taxi in the morning can be a bit difficult. Most taxi (including Blue Bird) park near the hotel prefered to go to airport, so hotel staff need to help to stop taxi from the road. Some Blue Bird taxi told me that they need to pay to park near the hotel so that they can be given priority to take passenger to airport.
- room service and restaurant foods selections are limited.
Other facilities: small swimming pool is available beside the breakfast area in L1. Small Gym is available too in the spa area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business