“Convenient for business traveler.”
Review of Grand Asia Hotel

Grand Asia Hotel
Ranked #26 of 160 Speciality Lodging in Jakarta
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Basically this is a hotel sufficient for business traveler and nothing to shout about.

Pros:
i) Near to highway entrance so you can hit airport in shortest time regardless the traffic condition. This is very important because traffic condition in Jakarta sometimes will take more than triple the original required time.
ii) Clean and big room. Bed not as good as 4/5 Star hotel (of course not.....) but at least not too bad.
iii) Wifi speed is good and no limit to quantity of devices. So my S4, Ipad, S2, laptop all connected - Nice.

Cons:
i) Breakfast - Couldn't be any worse because there's very limited selection available. Basically just make yourself "not hungry" then proceed your day.
ii) Shower faucet - Some kind like making your "wet" but not actually showering. Make sure the shower curtain is close or your bathroom will be very wet everywhere.
iii) There were heavy rain lately and guess what, the rainwater "squeeze" in my room through window small leak and make my shoes and sock wet. Room 702 and 707 both having same issue. Don't know about other room.

Conclusion:
i) Definitely not for tourist because there's nothing in vicinity.
ii) Average quality for business traveler having consider the price is relatively reasonable, nothing to complaint about.
iii) A big yes for those taking early flight, 0700-0900 and always hit the road late. Location can save your time being stuck in Jakarta style traffic jam.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CouiceFleming
Grand Asia H, General Manager at Grand Asia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

Dear Our Valuable Guest ,

Thank you for the time in providing feedback regarding your stay at Grand Asia Hotel. I am glad to know that our room size and Wi-fi speed in the room were meeting your expectation.

I am very concerned to hear your comments about the breakfast experience, shower faucet didn't worked properly and the window small leak problem during your stay. It is certainly not the level of service we desire to give and for this short coming, I sincerely apologize. The issues you have alerted me will be addresses with the concerned party to for taking immediate action to improve our service and product excellence.

I really appreciate your time to write us a review and look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back at Grand Asia Hotel.

Andi Rizal N. Mattaliiti

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Value for money if you are looking at hotel near Jakarta town. It's clean and the room is big. Nothing to shout about. Average budget hotel. Many Chinese tourists. Buffet breakfast is terrible.. Cold food and tasteless with no varieties at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynna123

Dear Ms. Lynna,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time in providing feedback about your stay at Grand Asia Hotel. Your feedback is truly important and provides us ways to improve our service.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with Buffet Breakfast presentation. I have personally spoken to Food & Beverage Manager to do appropriate action in order to improve and maintain the taste & variety of food especially on buffet breakfast which is more convenience for our guest.

I really appreciate your patronage give this valuable feedback that helping us to do better in the future and look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back at Grand Asia Hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from 12 June to 18 June. Before we asked if there's superior room to stay until 21 June , they say they are ALL full until 18 (It was a guy), so we only pay full until 18 June. The moment we check out they ask if we want to stay for longer since they have free rooms to use (Now its a girl).I said i already changed my airplane ticket to 18 because you guys cant give me room until 21. Doesnt mention they took so long when i ordered a mini bar key, they locked it and sent it 4 hours later.Also they dont have hairdryer which my sister will need to use. But still i choose this hotel because the place is near every mall and places i need to go while im in Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Eira E

Dear Ms. Eira,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time in providing feedback about your stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is truly important and provides us ways to improve our service.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with our Front Desk & Mini Bar staff. I have personally spoken to Front Office Manager to take action briefing regularly to all front-liners staff about the whole hotel information and standard operating procedure to avoid the mistake.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 8 May 2013 for 3 nights. The staffs are friendly & helpful. I like the buffet breakfast at the cafe on 3rd level with variants of food (Indonesian & American breakfast), the egg station standby on the outlet & it could be request cooking directly by chef for omelette & egg scramble.
Free Wifi in all guest area including in the guest room. The room attendant will change all linen & towels every day with 2 compl. Drinking water.
Good recommend for the the backpacker with low budget. I like the night club on the middle level with atmosphere & music ambience. It very good recommend for bachelor party & special gathering party with ur friends & colleague.
I would like to come & stay again to this hotel when I have a business trip from my company at Jakarta.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank AryzYbh

Dear Mr. AizYBH,

Thank you for the time in providing valuable feedback regarding your stay at our Hotel. It is our earnest hope that our valued guests will feel satisfied with all facilities and interactions with our friendly service professionals.

Your feedback is truly important and provides us ways to improve our service, we hope you will always consider our hotel as your preferred accommodation choice in Jakarta and look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back at Grand Asia Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

First of all, let me start by saying this hotel is new.. that's why it's clean, but overall I am totally not coming back here again!

To be fair, it's a third star hotel so we can't expect to have a 5 star hotel services or facilities, so I didn't have much to expect, but 2 incidents happened which made me really pissed.

1) Looking at the price of laundry was reasonable, we sent a few clothes for laundry. I filled-up the laundry form using my own hand writing, and on the same night called for the laundry to be delivered, but to my surprise the form was hand written by someone else (I assume it's the hotel staff), and there was an old white washed-out T-shirt which didn't belong to us appear on the bill - so, I called and told the staff that this T-shirt wasn't ours and asked for a refund.
Because we sent a few clothes and the laundry form was not with my hand writing, we didn't realise that we just lost one Zara shirt by sending our clothes to laundry after we came back to Hong Kong.

2) Upon check-out, the front office lady told us that we consumed some snacks and drinks from the mini bar which we didn't even touch.

With these 2 incidents, my assumption is the staffs working here are just trying to cheat something out of you. Be it the snacks they consumed themselves but asked you to pay, or schemingly change the laundry form using their own hand writing, and keep the good shirt for themselves... Nonetheless, I suggest, please be super careful when you want to stay here... or don't even consider this place.

I wouldn't blame the owner, I think overall atmosphere is okay, but the management really need to train their staffs!

Not forgetting the slow shower.... aarrggghh...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynna123

Dear our Valuable Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

All your feedback as attached at Tripadvisor will be using as the improvements for our project team to fix it all the problem and we will make sure while upcoming staying with us will be better services and experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 021 6660.6969.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I've been to this hotel last month. It's (again) near the old town and china town. I like old and classical architecture. If you expect to hear some people speak English, its better for you not to come here. Almost all visitors are Chinese and they speak mandarin. It's quite expensive compare with the service. The foods are not really bad. But i don't like the bathroom, the shower is too slow.

Room Tip: find the rooms on the top of the building, than you can see Jakarta from the top.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ninehwa

Dear Our Valuable Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 021 6660-6969.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first time at 2010, i was really impressed with it, because its cheap n near my family's house. So i stayed here again for the second time two years later which is Feb 2012. The hotel changed so much, its getting old.. The room got so many dark spots on the wall n bed sheets, i asked room service to change the sheet, but he couldnt find any clean sheet in the hotel..

But for 500k hotel its really nice, bed very comfortable, nice shower n bath, tv channels, n good location n breakfast is good but very low variation.. Perfect choice for a long stay with tight budget..

Overall im satisfied n will go back here again sometimes..

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 6march91

Dear Our Valuable Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 021-6660.6969.