“Mix review”
Review of Triniti Hotel

Triniti Hotel
Ranked #265 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I booked this hotel last minute through booking.com in Mid July 2012. The hotel is in a secluded housing area- not near any malls or decent shops by foot, the driver had trouble finding it. Finally arrived at 7pm, check-in was swift, upgraded to a Deluxe room, eager to get a good shower. To my surprise, there is no towel in the room. Called up housekeeping, and they said they finished supply of fresh towels, and waiting for laundry, no real ETA can be given. This was a real let-down! I paid about USD50 and hotel does not have stocks of towels? Went out to nearby mall and by the time we got in the room at 11pm, the towels were there. (I did buy a towel from the mall just in case)
Luckily, i booked just one night. Breakfast was basic - I did not have much, and that was it. There were a lot of buses, so this hotel gets its biz from Travel groups i reckon. Gave feedback on my towel experience during check out, they did not pay much attention and mumble something about not having enough towels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NrlY

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Great value for money, very good service and clean.Excellent good size rooms, big bathroom with bathtub (good for filling up and enjoying a drink). Full buffet breaky, just a walk around Gajah Madah shopping center, 15Mins from Pasar Baru.
Overall great value. I've stayed here on 3 occasions and the service is always the same.

Room Tip: It is not on a main road, so Taxi drivers sometimes miss the turn to the left to actually go down th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Arrived in the night and have some difficulty finding the hotel .Those looking for the hotel in the night should turn left and right immediately when you see the sign of this hotel on the main road.This is because the directional sign neon light is fused and is not working in the night.Can only see the name of this hotel at the signboard.Hotel is located in the lane .

The room that I was given is more suitable for married couple because the one in the bedroom can see what the one in the bathroom is doing..Maybe not all rooms are like that.

Front desk staff gave me an impression that my name is not reflected in their reservation when I first check in..No towel provided in my room on my first night but I believe they will provide if I ask for it.
Hotels looks new and clean..
Walk a short distant along the lane towards the opposite main road and you can find supermarket nearby that sells very cheap imported and local items but ideally do it in the day as the lane is dark sometimes before 7 pm.Comes with complimentary breakfast.Worth staying a day or 2.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My family (2 adults & 1 teenager) stayed in 5Nov2011 for 2 nights.
Likes :
a) Value for money.
b) Excellent location next to Gajah Mada Plaza, easy access to supermarket, food and taxis. c) Clean room.
d) Breakfast is simple & good.
e) Staff can speak simple English.
f) Service is above average. No major complaints.

Dislikes :
a) Difficult to locate hotel the first time.
b) Too far from the main road (about 500m).
c) Surrounding area is a concern especially at night. However I did not encountered any threats.
d) Guests are mainly local tourist or businessman. May not be suitable for Westerners.

Summary :
I will stay there again for the price and location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lionheart_sg
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Two weeks ago I went to Jakarta for a business trip & I stayed at Triniti Hotel for 3 days. I had paid full payment for my stay there, but the receptionists insisted that I had NOT paid a cent & refused to check me in. Being tired of a long journey & arriving in Jakarta at wee hours, I gave up & repaid them for just one night, thinking that the problem would be resolved the next morning.

But I was so upset & disgusted with the strong smell in my room & the bathroom seemed to have never been washed at all. The floor was so dirty and small cockroaches were running out of the cabinet & closet when I opened them. The whole thing really annoyed me a lot that I could not sleep at all, not to mention the noise coming from the busy street and disco nearby.

The next morning one of the managers confirmed that she had received the payment & apologized for having forgottten to inform it to the receptionists, and promised to return my money within that day (which I'd paid by my credit card).

But until I went back home I still had not received any more news from Triniti Hotel. I've tried to call them over & over again, but they're always telling me either the person in charge is having meeting or sales call or having lunch (at 3pm Jakarta time!) and NEVER returns my call or email.

I've wasted so much money just to give them a call, and they never appreciate the customers. Apparently Triniti hotel Jakarta do NOT care about the customers'satisfaction. Do not come to Triniti Hotel Jakarta unless you want your whole vacation to be spoilt.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
18  Thank IsmailRizal
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Situated on a bye-road of Gajah Madah road near Gajah Madah plaza (a normal shopping mall that doubles up as a entertainment hub and pubbing spot in the night)amidst non-descript surroundings.
Though amidst a warren of urban roads, the hotel itself is built with lot of space outdoors. The reception area and the lobby are airy and spacious.Rooms are nicely done though the windows open to the shanty concrete jungle that surrounds the hotel - certainly not eye pleasing. Bathrooms are well furnished and came with a tub and walk-in shower. Good proximity to city centre through readily available cabs at all times of the day.

For around 35 USD/night, it's semi-budget hotel with a semblance of luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nandu_forever
Reviewed 6 May 2011

On my first time to Jakarta, I found this place to be sprawling on internet sites
Well, mainly because travel agencies seem to offer this hotel as an option for people who might choose to avail of their tour packages

Nonetheless, I found this hotel online and thought that it was affordable for the services it had to offer for guests
Reservations online were easy and hassle-free
I just had to call once or twice to check and they indeed provided me with what I needed

The rooms were spacious, beds were big, quiet and comfortable
Bathroom had hot and cold water and bath gels, shampoo and conditioner were replenished everyday
I even had a small fridge and safe
HOWEVER, my father's room did not have either as his safe was broken and was not replaced or repaired
ALSO, my room smelled like cigarette! and despite one of the staff people attending to this concern, they could only provide an air spray... It masked the smell for a while but I had to endure the terrible odor for the next night or so

Breakfast buffet, though limited, had an okay selection of food. Most were Indonesian dishes with rice, porridge, etc... There were 3-4 types of fruits, 1-2 types of pastries, juice, milk, coffee, etc
I noticed that egg wasn't served even once during my stay
I also hope that if most people would smoke in the breakfast area, there would be a section or a separate dining area for non-smokers

Staff were rather reserved and looked tired
Still, they attended to my needs

I hope they can provide airport transportation as not all cabs are familiar with it
Nonetheless, if I can specify the non-smoking room, this is a place I can go back to for an affordable stay in Jakarta

Good enough but can be improved

Room Tip: Non-smoking room! Specify that when reserving!
  • Stayed: April 2011