“Owsome”

Ranked #98 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Toronto, Canada
“Owsome”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed 5 days in this hotel. It's a great value for the money. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Jakarta.
I have been upgraded to a higher room upon arrival. On my 4th day I have been asked to move to higher floor because the current room maintenance was due.
All taxi drivers knew the hotel. They are available all the time .
It's strategically situated in Jakarta.
The biggest plus is the stuff. They are very accommodating and helpful.
If there is anything unpleasant is the surrounding, not the best. You can not walk in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Mr. Rossegnole
We are pleased to note that you had a wonderful time at the Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar recently.
Based on many comments received to date, the hotel had amplified its effort in providing high standard of service especially the front-liners' competency level.
We are pleased that all of them are bearing good results based on your sincere comments given herein.
We look forward to having you with us once again soon.
Most Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala lampur
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here for my two nights stay in Jakarta during Chinese new year on my first ever visit of Indonesia. I have booked online through Agoda.com.

I traveled from Kuala Lumpur and reached Jakarta by Garuda airline in morning. While coming towards hotel I realized that English speaking ability of locals was not better than mine in Mandarin Chinese. I reached hotel around mid-day after struggling really hard on a very chaotic traffic and flooded streets of Jakarta. I was told that flooding is routine life style of that great city and I was amazed about the people’s stubborn patience and endurance. Staff at hotel reception could speak immaculate English that took me by surprise. I was told that since I came earlier than my check-in time (2 pm) and room was not yet prepared I got to wait. This was an amazing and very disturbing situation for me as I had never experienced before this kind of attitude before. I wanted to be checked-in in my room drop my luggage and after freshening up I may start my day in Jakarta. Usually, there is always a welcoming drink to the guest and as expected they had offered me too. However, the choice of the drink was limited to some fruit drink of not of my liking and I requested for a coffee which was promptly declined. That was the rude start from this hotel.

Hotel interior and main entrance are excellent but the problem was that nothing could be done to change the outside atmosphere My room was nice and had everything which one needs in a hotel. I have no complaint whatsoever about quality of room amenities, bathrooms and comfort of bed. Hotel location is indeed a factor of contention as it was close to a dirty and nearly flooded canal with too much noisy and smoke puffing vehicular traffic. Outside impression of the hotel was disgusting.

Those who don’t care about the hotel location may stay here.

Room Tip: Take room facing city
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Tariq Hasani,
We regret to note your concern over incidents that happened during your recent stay with us. Do be informed nonetheless that it has always been our intention to ensure that our hotel provides the highest level of service standard to all our guests.
Therefore, we have taken the initiative to highlight your comments about the welcome drinks to the Team Members concerned to enable remedial actions be taken immediately.
In addition, we sincerely appreciate your rating of 4/5 for our Cleanliness and Sleep quality given in your overall evaluation which clearly indicates that the staff training being implemented to date is on the right track and has significantly increased their competency at work.
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I choose this hotel to stay last year, and now with the interesting offer from their website i decided to come back, and it turns out to be a wise choice. The food was great, the staff were special!! Will recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leonard s
Dear Mr. Leonard,
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind review. We are truly happy that our hard work has resulted in you having a good time here at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. Come back for more soon...we look forward of having you here once again!
Most cordially.
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights here and i would say it was good experience. The check in was quick and easy. We went up to our room and it was big, cozy and very cold. My kids love the room especially in the hot weather you can go back to yout room to chill. The kids love the hotel too. The staffs all very helpfull and friendly. I remember one night i got back to the hotel carrying my kid sleep with so many bags and the door staff went down the stairs to help me get out from the car. It was very nice of him. The in room service was also good when i ordered some foods for the kids. The bed is big and nice for 4 of us to sleep. The sofa was my favorite for watching tv. My kids also love the swimming pool. The only problem i had was the wifi didnt work. I didnt have chance to try the breakfast but will try it next visit
I would recommend this hotel and i would come back again for next time

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fennylimbono
Dear Fenny Limbono
We are pleased that you and family have enjoyed your stay here with us recently.
We are aware that our Wifi system needs some improvement, do rest assured that our IT engineer is working in out to ensure that our guests get the most out of their time spent here.
Do come back to visit us soon as it has been a pleasure to have you around at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar..
Warm regards,
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Jakarta is huge and the traffic is even "bigger". What you want to do and where you want to go is important as to where you're going to put up in Jakarta. Having said that the hotel did not disappoint as it met most of our expectations. Friendly staff, clean and large rooms and good value. The spa and gym facilities are ok. Yes the taxi service was a little disappointing and also the lifts are slow during peak hours. For the rates, one can't complain much.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors or even the executive rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Mr. Abdul Razak,
We are honoured to read your review and hereby express our highest gratitude to you. Please be informed that we have taken note on all the positive comments given as well as the 'less-than-good' ones regarding the lift and the taxi service to enable immediate remedial action plans be made to overcome them.
We hope to see you here sometime soon. Meanwhile, thank you once again and have a great day ahead!
Most Sincerely
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The rooms are good and clean. The breakfast is the best in this hotel. The view from the restaurant is excellent. The swimming pool needs maintenance, the pool towels are not good. The pool change room and toilets are badly maintained. The SPA closes too early for a business hotel.
Over all a good choice in the heart of a congested and traffic jammed city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear reviewer,
Thank you very much for staying at the Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar recently.
We acknowledged your concerns regarding the spa & swimming pool facilities shortcomings and have advised them accordingly with a stern reminder to maintain the highest level of service standard at all times.
Thank you once more for taking your time to share with us your experience; and, rest assured we will act accordingly to ensure the highest standard of hospitality for all our distinguished guests.
Have a wonderful day ahead and take care!
Warmest Regards...
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, good environment, good location, nice staff, good breakfast, hotel restaurant provide excellent food, clean indoor swimming pool, minus only no regular taxi you have to take premium taxi which available in hotel

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Yudi,
Our appreciation for your kind and constructive comments given with regards to our taxi service during your stay here at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar earlier. We are looking into each and every concerns you mentioned and will go the extra mile to ensure that they will be remedied amicably and at the soonest possible. Have a pleasant day ahead and thank you.
Most Cordially.