“Good location and varies course”

Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar
Ranked #105 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Its located next to transjakarta station, you can reach by 7 minutes walking. After that, you can use the bus to go to mangga dua for shopping or just relaxation, or visit ancol to enjoy jakarta.

I love this place because i can found varies menu on restaurant.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agil Ranjos W
gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Agil Ranjos W

Thank you for your feedback. Yes indeed our location is one of our strengths as well as a varied menu suiting most tastes.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kindest regards

Steffen Kroehl

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Swiss-Belhotel for a couple of nights while on a business trip here and found it to be an excellent base. I was on a late arriving flight and as always had notified the hotel that I'd be arriving after midnight to avoid the room being released. First surprise was that the front desk knew who I was as I arrived to check-in. A nice welcome! The rest of the process was simple and quick.

The rooms are well appointed although everything is a shade of beige/yellow-brown which gives it quite a retro-feel. My room was on 21st floor which gave a fantastic view of the city. Good bathroom and shower with decent amenities, plenty of hanging space for clothes and a small desk. It could have benefitted from a few drawers to store stuff if you are staying a few days. In room wi-fi pretty reliable although logs out every few minutes if you don't use it. Held up for a short video FaceTime back home too.

The lobby area is large and has a decent restaurant service a mix of steaks, burgers etc and also a lounge/bar. The service from everyone I met was excellent. The hotel also runs a free shuttle bus service to the nearby Mangga Besar shopping mall.

Room Tip: Being fairly central in Jakarta means there is an ambient level of noise from the traffic most of th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear reviewer,
We are pleased to note that you had enjoyed your stay at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar recently.
Based on many comments received to date, the hotel had amplified its effort in providing high standard of service especially in our F&B outlets, Room attendants and especially the front-liners' competency level. And, we are pleased that all of them are bearing good results based on your sincere comments given herein.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.
Most Sincerely.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Check in was efficient, i came early and they gave me welcome drink while waiting for the room, in most polite manner. Room was ready not long after that. Food was good at the breakfast and my room is always clean and tidy.
Check out was greeted by a manager at the reception to check my stay, it was on weekend,i'm surprised to saw a manager around on that time. I did not saw his name,but he's not too tall in height.
Overall my stay was fantastic,thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Valentina A
gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Valentina A,
I thank you for leaving such a kind review of your experience staying at The Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. I am pleased to read how much you appreciate the level of service.and our facilities
The manager on week-end duty that you are mentioning is most certainly Mr. Leo our Front-Office manager.
I will be delighted to share your review with him and our team. and I look forward to welcoming you back in a very near future.

Most Sincerely.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stay in hotels more than 50 days a year and it is a long time since I have experienced the smiling, polite, service minded and well trained staff with can-do attitude that was the case here.
From the time of check-in to check-out you feel cared for.
I had a concern that really was a misunderstanding by me, but and all was handled very professionally, efficiently and with a smile.
The room was clean and well laid out with a very comfortable bed, a desk to work, a large TV, refrigerator and a very nice bathroom.
The two days I spend at a conference in the hotel did not allow me to make use of all the amenities of this hotel. There was everything you would want in a hotel.
The WIFI was better than most hotels I have stayed in.
To top everything off, it was great value for money to stay in the hotel.
Surely it will be my pleasure to stay in Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar next time I am in Jakarta.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Henri,
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind review. We are truly happy that our hardwork has resulted in you having a good time here at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The wife & I were in town predominately on business for a week & we chose this hotel to stay in. In Summary;

Location:
* Close to Ancol Dreamland & Jakarta International Convention Centre at Kemayoran.
* Also close to the shopping precincts & Malls of Mangga Besar and Mangga Dua.
* Not terribly far from the airport (approximately 30-45 minutes).
* There are not many restaurants in walking vacinity per se excepting local Indoensian Warung's. Unless you are used to eating local food it is not a suggestion to try food from there. That being said the hotel provides fine restaurants to dine-in.
* There is a Convenience Store closeby for refreshments.
* The hotels location is good for the business & leisure traveller.

Staff:
* Extremely polite & helpful. We really enjoyed their hospitality & smile
* Fast Check-in

Room:
* We stayed in an Executive Club Room - Fantastic for space & luxury; well furnished & equipped with modern facilities - The room was really clean.
* Individually controlled air-conditioning system
* Coffee & tea making facilities
* Single & Double sofa, Coffee & Corner table
* Mini Refrigerator
* Large western style shower & bathtub

* Dining in the Swiss-Cafe was a treat. Great choice of food.
* Dining in Joe's Grill was awesome too. Food choices cooked to a tee.
* Breakfast was wonderful with a wide variety & choice of both local and Western foods.
* Lovely bar in the lobby to unwind and sink a few ales - Offers wide selections of snacks and freshly prepared pastries.
* Good sized free Gym, Spa facilities incl; sauna, steam room. Free use of Pool - not huge by any means, but enough.
* Daily shuttle to Mangga Dua Shopping Malls 4 times a day.
* Taxi and limousine service (Take a blue taxi instead from outside of the hotel compound - they're safe and much cheaper for trips around the city).
* 24-hour In-room Dining which is neat
* Laundry & Dry Cleaning services
* Pay as you use Spa & Massage services

Hotel:
* Many western business travellers staying in the hotel, just as many couples with young family obviously on vacation.
* Beautiful large & well lit lobby area.

We would definately come here again, our time staying in this hotel was positive - we were charmed by their hospitality, and albeit subjective, we definately thought we had value for money.

Room Tip: * For a little extra we upgraded to Executive - it was really great. * We took the hotel taxi servi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank EnJay27

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a kind a detailed comments on your experience staying at the Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar. I am delighted to see how much you enjoyed the hotel facilities, services, food and beverages and comfort.
I will be sure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you both back again in a very near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for a family of five
We actually regret for not staying longer
The rooms are great
The view from the room is extraordinary too
The service was special
All of the staff were very nice and helpful
The hotel had complimentary shuttle service to a nearby shopping mall which I reply appreciate
Its not an ordinary bus but a private car with the well dressed hotel staff driving us there
We felt honoured to be treated like kings though we're obviously not
I can't praise swissbel hotel enough especially their staffs, so humble !
though the location is not really great since sometime my taxi drivers couldn't find the place even though our hotel is huge
And we take a lot of taxis throughout our stay because there's no where we can walk to
But its a small problem since the taxi fare is really really cheap in Indonesia
Like $3-$5 usd unless you're travelling very far which is approximately $10 (still cheap)
The hotel stay was very affordable
We were shocked how cheap we booked for the night
Its reasonably priced
I love the cafe snacks/desserts
The macaroons and cakes are all so affordable and so delicious!! Really
You're paying so much lesser for what you get
My family would definitely stay in this hotel again if we are ever staying in jakarta again

• Stayed: June 2014
gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on your experience staying at Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. I am delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed the view, the staff attitude and our service level. I will be sure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back again in a very near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is very good, quite modern, clean and has good architectures which is quite amazing. Surrounding is not a friendly place as you know Mangga Besar area is a very busy area. I was there for a business purpose thus did not really go out but once when I attempted, it was tough. But the hotel was amazing. Food was good as well

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Devika,
I thank you for leaving such a kind review of your experience staying at The Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. Do come back here once again at your soonest possible; business or otherwise as it is always a pleasure to have you around. Until then we wish you all the best; and, a heartfelt appreciation to you.