“good hotel near the airport”

Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC
Ranked #247 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a good hotel not far from the airport. They offer a free shuttle service from/to the airport, but it only runs every couple of hours, The last one is at eleven, our plane was delayed so I had to get there by taxi.
The lobby is very elegant and breakfast is great with a wide selection of both eastern and western food.
The room are less impressive, but they are large and clean.
the surrounding area offers a few places where to eat and a shopping centre which only five minutes walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was traveling with a group of 8 and we had stayed three nights at the Aston hotel in Cirebon -- wonderful! We were expecting something similar in Jarkarta. But this Aston doesn't even seem to belong in the same chain. It felt pokey and dirty. There were no non-smoking rooms or areas -- the smell of smoke was everywhere. The food left a lot to be desired. Several things on the menu were not available and the service, while pleasant and well-meaning, was not very competent.

Though it calls itself City Hotel, don't be mistaken. Cengkareng is quite distant from the centre of the city. It took us more than two hours in traffic to get there from the main railway station. It is relatively close to the airport, but not so close that you could be really confident of arriving there in less than an hour -- traffic is always a wild-card.
If you're looking for a hotel near the airport, I'd recommend the FM7 Resort Hotel. I stayed there twice and it's very nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DanMadigan
profficer, General Manager at Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Hotel Cengkareng Jakarta.

Thank you for your value comments and we appreciate your feedback.
On behalf of Aston Hotel Cengkareng Jakarta, please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused. We value your comments and take them seriously

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks and I wish we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence with Aston Hotel Cengkareng Jakarta.

We will be delighted to welcome you again!

With kindest regards,

Aston Hotel Cengkareng

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was here at May 24 and check out at May 25. First i just want to telling about the pillow, its sooo uncomfortable. Make me headache. Second, the bed spreads is no clean, so many spots on it. Third, the towel is bad too.. Sooo, thats my comment when i was there.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Irenesugitawang
profficer, Public Relations Manager at Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Hotel Cengkareng Jakarta.

Thank you for your value comments and we appreciate your feedback.

We will be delighted to welcome you again!

With kindest regards,

Ms. Radittia Fadlila
Public Relations
Aston Hotel Cengkareng

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here with family and I thought the rooms were quite big but a little dated. The bathroom especially could have done with a make-over or at least updating. The toilets had stains and the grout in the showers were dirty. The beds were okay. There wasn't much you could do with the air con though, it wasn't adjustable apart of low, medium and high.

The hotel either has some in-house karaoke, or is located right next to some load karaoke as we could get the undertones of bass level music (I think till about 1-2am). Luckily I had y iPod with me so I just drowned out the music but I could imagine it might bother some people.

There also seemed to be a lot of confusion with the hotel reception staff who we always had to beg every morning for a breakfast coupon that we paid for. However when you did get to the breakfast there seemed to be a lot on offer (avoid the pre-toasted toast, I saw some bugs on it)

Overall not sure I would stay here, it was convenient because our family was nearby but traffic is horrific in Jakarta so I'm sure no matter where we stayed there would have been issues getting around.

Room Tip: Avoid the numbers like X50 ish because you get views of the artifical courtyard and sky.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Always stay in here if i must transit in jakarta. The hotel provided free shutlle Service to/from airport to hotel almost every 2 hour. The room is not too big but still ok. And quit clean. The location is good, easy to get food around hotel. Very near to palem mall. I think The breakfast is very good, alots variety of food, one of the best. Nice transit hotel if you dont want stay in city.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel first for the shuttle service
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel was perfect for my one night transit in Jakarta before heading to Mt Bromo. The breakfast was good, rooms clean and good location. It's a shame the free shuttle doesn't run that late into the evening, as I had to get a cab to the hotel, which was a bit challenging as the taxi didn't know the hotel. But used the shuttle in the morning and it was really good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2013

If you are looking for some transient hotel especially when you arrive at Jakarta in the middle of the night with no place to stay, then this hotel is the best place to stay. It's near the airport but far from the city.

The food that they're serving is also good. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ridvan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Samala Hotel
Penjaringan
Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence
J Hotel
#157 of 464 in Jakarta

Been to Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC? Share your experiences!