“Stay away” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kchrysant Hotel

The Kchrysant Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jakarta
The Kchrysant Hotel
Ranked #392 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Hong Kong, China
“Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We are a group of five visiting Jakarta for 2 days 1 night after 5 days in Central Java. It is such a shame the only night we have in Jakarta is the worst. Our relatives who live in Jakarta booked this place. Obviously since they live here they have never been inside any of the rooms before so it is not their fault.

At the reception I see 3 stars under the name. But I have been to better 3 stars establishments. The hotel rooms are poorly furnished and the bathroom does not even have a single piece of soap. (It has body cleansers in the shower.) The air-con in the other room leaks water and the air swing is completely missing.

My room can accommodate 3 people. I, being the youngest, gave up the two more centrally located beds to sleep on the bed tucked away in a corner. The problem is that this corner is out of range of the air-con and it could be described as hot when I went to bed. Also strangely, the light in this corner is controlled by the switch between the front two beds and also connected to their light, so when they switch off my light goes off, too, so I couldn't do any reading.

Breakfast is only fried rice or mie goreng with tasteless coffee. That's it. That they actually have the guts to charge us for breakfast is amazing. Add a bunch of smokers in the dining room and they created the worst hotel breakfast experience in my life so far. We couldn't leave this place fast enough.

Nothing more to say except stay away from this place. Trust me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank angsa

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Don't expect much from this hotel. The room is clean but not neatly done. The shower is fine, but some of the room might not always have the proper tempt of hot water.
I've been here several times, the only why i stay here coz it's location is near to airport and i do the business near here.

This hotel is also cheap, -- pass the breakfast makes it cheaper. Trust me you don't want the breakfast here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank Ayu .
Darlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

A rather ugly hotel at a distance, and uglier close up. The lobby badly needs refurbishment to make it more inviting. I stayed one night as I was between flights.

It took a lot longer than I expected from Jakarta Airport. And this was a costly mistake as I couldn't get a taxi from the airport to the hotel cheaper than IDR 250 (return journey was IDR 90). There are hotels much nearer the airport, many of which include free transfers to and from airport. When taking account of taxi costs, particularly for single travellers, this may be a better option.

I paid about $30 for this hotel for the night which didn't include breakfast. The rooms were in need of modernising but the bed was comfortable. The showers were a disgrace. Wifi didn't work in the rooms but did in the hotel lobby which was frustrating. I could clearly hear the noise from the streets below in my room.

The hotel is badly positioned - there is nothing else around it. I couldn't find any restaurants. There is a fitness centre and sauna at the hotel though I didn't use it. The staff efficiently organised a taxi to take me to the airport early morning.

Overal summary, best avoided if you can as there are much better options available.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mikeedeedee

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Don't ever stay at this hotel!! This hotel is very terrible. All the staff are so sucks!! From the reception to house keeping and cleaning service.are sucks!! Uneducated staff who working in this hotel. Even don't know how to smile to greet customer. Don't be cheated by the price cause the price cheap then you stay. And you will regret in your life WHY you can choose this hotel to stay. Even the towel they ask you to pay if you want to use towel. Better you add on little bit more money to get better hotel. and the most SCARY story that I just knew when I stay there, some people like restaurant and shops nearby said,this hotel before was burned and whole building burned when Jakarta had a Riot on 1998 and they just simply renovate then they operate again. I really unsatisfied when stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

4 Thank Carol Z
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

What can I say about this hotel. The website photos of this hotel were very inviting; however, upon arriving, it does not give me the impression of it at all.
Upon arriving at the hotel entrance, I was disspointed to look how "rustic" the hotel is. The lobby area and the reception area looks very "ancient" which does not give me the feel of modernity as what were portrayed in the website. Upon getting my room key, the bellboy assisted me to bring along the luggage which was only one small trolley luggage. Perhaps, it was their procedures for the reception to hand over the keys to the bellboy and assist me to bring the luggage up to the rooms, which I feel was not necessary since it was just a small luggage and that I could have drag the bag along with me. However, it does not bother me so much as I am also being a hotelier, feels that it would be great to have such service if only there are plenty of luggages and/or if I were to travel along with my small kids with lots of luggage.
As I entered the rooms, I could feel I am in "ancient" world. The walls being dirty with foot prints, the wooden wordrobe and tables got scratch marks and dull, the toilet were stale and that the shower area was only halfly partitioned with 6" glass which everytime you have your shower, the water would definitely will overflow to the whole toilet areas as it does not have any rift to separate the shower and the WC area. The shower was also a frustating feel to me as most of the times, the water is cold and you could only feel a little warm (which is not hot) even you were to turn the tap to the fullest.
The bed is nothing fancy as I feel, as long as I could get some goodnight sleep after a hard days work, I am good enough. My colleague who stayed on the non smoking floor, also had the worst maintenance issue than mine.
I feel that the hotel badly needs major maintenance works. I feel, for business travellers nowdays, I do not mind on staying in a 3star hotel but at least, the hotel, the rooms, the ambience must be CLEAN with good shower.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CEKL
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

iv used this hotel 3time now the staff are the best thing about this hotel very friendly and honest never had anything missing from my room all staff smile inc the security and thes a very good bell man called haroon whos english is not the best but you can see he makes an efort that all you can ask.the hotel is self has a male and female spa on the 2cd floor for a small fee you can use all spa services=gym/steem room/hot warm ice cold plundge pools/sauna from what iv been told its a chinese owend hotel it has a car park and full security service(im sure one was armed)sometime chines or malay v.i.ps will stay here due to it not been to far away from the main airport about a 20 to 40mins drive depend on trafic and tols it took me 22mins once no trafic!rp60.000=£7? folks always use blue bird taxis for a fuss free ride no scaming and safe for lone females to use too.this hotel has 2lifts but sometimes 1 is not working ther are 2 none smokeing floors the views from the rooms are not the best but still you get daylite the higher you are =city skyline views the curtains in the rooms are good and thick to keep the sun out the ac unit come with a remote but i must say thay need some fixing some will leek water on to the room floor but still no problems room service will (ie)food end at 9pmish and most food on the menue are never redy our thay just dont have it ? all rice foods are =nasi ayam goreng etc very nice and good for you tofu is also good for vegi folk this hotel has alcoholic drinks made to order and wife in loby TOP TIP THERS A BIG FOOD MARKET NEXT TO HOTEL CALL SUPRA INDO THAY SALE ALL YOU NEED BOOZE SMOKES ALL THAY CLOSE AT 11PM and thay take cards visa master etc and bca very handy thers some other lowend eateries (pandang/padass) food place come out of hotel turn left keep walking you see it on the corner food is good tasty and cheap but make sure thay warm it up for you first ok! next to this place is a dungut bar/club lot floors servien all types of beer in big botles live music indo only and some women walking around inside who get up and sing indo songs i didt not see any sign of sexaul antics just tigh outfits and nice indo songs thya will try and make you pay for ice and tissue so best to order direct fromthe bar .the hotel has it own stage and music set up but iv only seen it used on my 2cd trip there the security will call taxis for you and its nice to give a rp10.000tip=less then a £/$ to the security guy this hotel can be what you make it romantic even wedding are held here on the 9th floor beds are good rooms clean and rate is good too

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple