“Harris Quality”

HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta
Ranked #48 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Just a short note to say a big thank you to all the staff at The Harris Hotel in Kelapa Gading, we had a brief stay there late last month and the vibe is still etched on my brain.
Very warm and friendly feeling with a great location on the Mall Kelapa Gading, Certainly a must for any business people, Jakarta is such a pain to get around so there is nothing better to have everything at your finger tips.
The Harris breakfast was also a treat, a great range of choice and a great taste, hats off to all concerned.
Gavin Webb

Room Tip: leave it to the staff
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gavin w
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear Mr. Webb,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and be sure that we highly appreciate your commenst.

It's a true pleasure to read that you enjoyed our company as creating positive feelings and emotions is our main commitment. Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to consistently improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Harrisly Yours.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I have revisited this hotel once again since my last stay in March 2011. There is always this welcoming orangey smell once you enter the hotel. Just makes you feel refreshed after a long journey.
Was greatly impressed that the management acted upon the comments listed by their guests. I have made a remark last visit that the bathtub was too high for comfort and they actually lowered the bathtub in my room. Hope this is so for all those rooms that come complete with tubs.
During my stay this time, I have used the gym and noticed that there are only 2 treadmills. As I am a regular runner, I often run for more than an hour for each run. However, I could not do so in the gym as there are other guests waiting to use the treadmill. Hope the management can look into installing more treadmills?
Anyway, this has not deter me in going back to Harris Hotel (Kelapa Gading) as I really enjoy my stay there each time when I am in Jakarta =)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nickel69
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying again with us and for sharing your opinion.

We are extremely pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you also found a bathtub as per as your expectation. As a matter of fact, we have changed some of it and the others will be fixed by the end of November 2011.

Regarding the treadmill, we are considering to add one in a near future.

Again, we thank you for your loyalty and valuable inputs.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We checked into the Harris Hotel after staying in two other so called high rating 4-star hotels in Jakarta. Warning: Most hotels in Jakrta are not located on nice streets or areas, except those in the Downtown.

The Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading area hotel is situated right in the centre of the Mall of Indonesia complex, which is a huge, modern residential, commercial and Hotel complex that boasts three large, top quality malls. The Harris rooms are above 4-star quality, staff are well chosen, service top quality, and price excellent for this overall quality setup. Don't waste your time like we did, running around Jakarta for three days trying to find a complete hotel with the right location.......this is it.

One more thing; the pictures of this hotel at this website do not do justice, its really much nicer in real life, so Hotel Management: please take nightime hotel exterior pictures.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank abdulrahman
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Valuable Guest,

We are extremely pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and be certain that we highly appreciate your shared your feeling with us. We sincerely thank you for having taken the time to do it. Our Customers' well-being is our Priority and their feedback our most precious source of information.

We are also glad you enjoyed the hotels' location. As a matter of fact, HARRIS Kelapa Gading is located in the heart of Mal Kelapa Gading which offers a wide selection of local and international brands and some nice entertainments such as movie theaters, play grounds, live music...

Thank you as well for your very interesting input about the pictures; We will proceed shortly.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon,

General manager

Reviewed 2 September 2011

This is a good hotel for everybody is searching a nice hotel, with good quality/price rate.
The service is good, the hotel people are young, smart, kind and very professional.
The global furnishing is simple but efficient.
The room was spacious, essential, clean. The same for the bathroom, but the washbasin was too small.
Breakfast is good, but the breakfast room is too small: if you want to have breakfast from 6.30 to 8.00 you must fight with a lot of people to take the food, find a place to sit down, ask something to the service people.
The Hotel is located in the suburbs of Jakarta and this is useful for who wants to "quickly" go outside Jakarta.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank luca0060
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading and be sure that we highly appreciate your review as our Clients' opinions are the most precious source of information.

We are pleased to read that you had an overall good stay with HARRIS and we thank you for your kind comments about our staff.

Regarding the breakfast, we have recently hired additional Employees in order to be faster and more efficient to clean, set up the tables and assist our Customers as it is true that during high activity, the breakfast room is very busy. This issue is one of our main concern and be certain that we keep on monitoring it.

Once again, we thank you.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon,

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The hotel has a refreshing colour look! Orange is the one and it suits it okay. First impression was the hotel cab driver and the vehicle. It is also in orange colour, I mean the seats too in orange colour. The receiption is decent and room is brand new. I'm comfortable staying there.
THe down side is the room telephone. Some of the telephone cannot call outside eventhough aquire the activation keys from receiptionist. Just make sure your mobile phone can access there before you go.

Room Tip: Notting special on viewing since it's in the city center! All rooms the same.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and be sure that we also highly appreciate your review as our Customers' feed backs are our most precious source of information.

After receiving your review, we have done two investigations: a internal one and one done by our telephone Operator. This is why it took longer than usual to answer you and we apology for that delay. Nevertheless, no connection's issue were revealed and no incident were reported during your period of stay.
We also have checked all rooms telephones' instructions and it seems all clear.

We apology for not being able to explain why you could not use your hotel room's phone and be certain that we keep on paying a special attention on this matter.

Wishing you a very pleasant day and looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Antoine VILLETTE

Reviewed 2 August 2011

When simplicity and efficiency are your top expectation from a good hotel. I experienced hassle free and efficient service, the hotel simply delivers they promises. They quoted simple, unique, friendly.. but I must add with efficient and everything works! Loved the free internet access (that works), staff are approachable and sincerely friendly, location is good and easy to get around the city - if there's traffic, we all should blame the city not the hotel. Food is great, room is great and clean! easy to navigate your self to use all the facilties and again, everything works! Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your so encouraging review and great support.

We are sincerely pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us and be sure of our continuous efforts to always positively surprised our Clients.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed a night here after visiting my customer nearby as it is on the way to the airport. Well, the hotel looks new (not sure new or renovated), with its usual bright colours which I think appeals to their family and kids based customer. But for a business traveller with age, the colours around the hotel kind of overwhelmed u a bit, esp the glaring orange if u are not in a good mood. Anyway, check-in was ok with service oriented staff and welcome drink. The room was big enough with good amenities as well, including well-stocked minibar (it is just the colour again). They have a cushioned bench instead of the usual sofa and luggage bench. But internet is complimentary and wired, which beats those free wi-fi u get in other hotels, for business traveller like me. Bed is normal without complaints and room is quite. But there is no bath tub though, for those interested. Breakfast is paid separately and for the price, the food and spread is decent. The problem is when I was at the egg station looking for scrambled egg, the waiter told me they don't have (as the cook is busy then). I tried to explain but they still say don't have without asking the cook. Now, come on. I know I don't pay for 5 stars, but scrambled egg is so simple and basic and they have an egg station with cooks around. I thought maybe they have it at the buffet table like some other hotel, so I looked around but found nothing. I took me a 2nd time and this time asking the cook himself that I got my scrambled egg. The other problem is they asked for a deposit of Rp 25,000 for a Silver Bird to the airport (in case we default the booking), though we are a guest in the hotel. As I am short of cash after dinner, I have to do it again next morning since I do want to come down again. Even then, they took quite a while to sort it out the next day. I had stayed in further and remote place like Cikarang and the hotel booked for u without any problem. Beside, they called u at 10am for "friendly reminder" to inform u check-out is 12noon, when I thought they want to inform my taxi is here. Check out was fast, just that we need to search around for my taxi again. As I only stayed a night after work, I didn't try other facilities.
The great thing is the hotel is linked to this huge mall next door, so u can get other meals options easily and do some shopping.
All in all, it is still value for money at that price, as compared to the hotels I had stayed before near industrial estates, where they ripped u off at higher price with fewer amenities as they are the only one around.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank leslayang
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for sharing your opinion. Our Guests feedback is our most precious source of information to assist us in our quest to consistently improve our services and facilities. We have opened HARRIS Kelapa Gading a year ago and all comments are always helpful.

We sincerely apologize for the "scramble eggs" episode as we totally agree with your comment.. Be sure that proper instructions have been reminded to the people concerned.
Regarding the deposit requested for the taxi, kindly be informed that it is Taxi Blue Bird's policy to do so. The other options would have been to either ask for a taxi when about to leave the hotel or to book the hotel's car one day before going to the airport. We will make sure that our receptionists, especially our newcomers, are well aware about it to advice properly our Clients.

We also highly appreciate your comments about the design and we are always pleased to discuss about it. As you have noticed, HARRIS hotels are different compare to most of its "colleagues". Orange colors, different uniforms, contemporary music... are made to cheer up our Customers' mood especially after a long day traveling or working. We believe that all Guests, business or leisure, entitle a friendly relaxing ambiance at any time.
For some, it will pop up few souvenirs from the late 60's early 70's and for the younger, we hope it will support their already dynamic attitude.
So yes, HARRIS Kelapa Gading is a business hotel with its 307 rooms, 2.000sqm of meeting rooms and we are glad to read that you have found a family atmosphere in it.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Antoine VILLETTE