All reviewsocha bellastudio roomserviced apartmentsmall kitchenelectric stoverooftop poolself service laundrycall to prayerrestaurant downstairscentral jakartajalan sabanghome away from homelong stayinterior designbreakfast spreadrooms are spaciousgrand indonesia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I loved the design and feel of this hotel. Service was great, with all staff consistently friendly, helpful and smiling. We stayed in 2 executive apartments; spacious, clean, nice design. Breakfast was one of the best we have had during our 4-week travel throughout Indonesia. The swimming pool on one of the top floors with views over crazy Jakarta is great after a day in the jungle. The adjacent Italian restaurant is a great, atmospheric place to dine, with great food (nothing beats a good steak after 4 weeks of rice and noodles). The only thing we didn't appreciate was the fact that cocktails were served in a cup and beer was served in a tea pot because of Ramadan. Overall, this is a great hotel with a great restaurant BUT... The midnight prayers from the nearby mosque are so intrusively loud and sound so aggressive that they kept me awake for a good part of the night. Travelling in Indonesia you get used to the sound of prayers at night but the volume button was turned up so high here that was ridiculous. For this reason, unfortunately I would not consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask a room away from the mosque.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jakooandco
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Excellent price, location, quietness and personal space - all with a funky vibe. The 1-bedroom executive apartments are duplex and the upstairs part is a self-contained bedroom & bathroom sealed off from the main living area, which puts yet another layer between you and the traffic outside - in bed, it's genuinely quiet, which is something any long-term resident of Jakarta will find astonishing. There's lots of space to spread out, and everything is functional, though not luxurious. You get a fridge-freezer, simple hob, downstairs and upstairs bathrooms, two tellys, kitchen table, sofa - IKEA-type lamps. It's all pretty tasteful, in a bare-concrete and wooden-floor type way. It's got a European feel to it; there's no pointless hotel-art on the walls or anything that isn't actually functional.

Downsides are that the rooms smell a bit (is it aircon? drains?) and the room service a bit perfunctory (looks like they do the minimum and in a hurry) but the bits that matter are kept clean. Staff on the doors keep it safe & friendly. Taxis out the front.

There's laundry half the price of a big hotel (cheapskates can do their own on the 3rd floor), and a nice pool (not for lengths) on the roof, with a club room up there that has nothing but windows and a simple food service counter (for break-fast in Ramadan, no idea the rest of the time). As others have noted, the breakfast is pretty basic (and under-staffed).

Good mix of people, with a very tolerant air, nobody seems bothered by alcohol/gay/straight/religion etc. The downstairs restaurant Ocha & Bella is very popular and good.

A word on the location - it's super-close to the main Sudirman thoroughfare & the Monas Sq yet you can walk to things. You can walk up to the Grand Indonesia Mall through quiet backstreets, or to Monas in about 15 mins - you can even walk through a car-free kampung to get to Monas. The streets around are actually quiet, something I'd not seen in months of living in Jakarata.

I stayed a few weeks here Jul-Aug 2013 and recommend it to business travellers and families would be fine here too for a few days.

Room Tip: Duplex 1-bed executive rooms are great because they are efectively a sealed internal room inside your duplex apartment - yet another barrier between your bed and the noise of Jakarta's frightful traffic outside
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Went to stay in the studio room during Eid holiday. I really like the minimalistic and urban design of the hotel and my studio room which is very unique compared to other hotels in Jakarta.

However the materials used for the building must have been of a lower grade because it has already showing signs of aging.

The tables look worn and flakey on certain spots, the wood floor looks dull and full of scratches. The walls in the hall are full of obvious patchwork with some moldy parts due to maybe leaky pipes.

Other than these aging signs, I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Again, love the design ! And the noise is not so bad, it is tolerable as it IS located in the center of everything Jakarta.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

This is a very nicely designed hotel. Lobby, roof pool and rooms are all really very nice. Breakfast was poor. Food selections were not cohesive, chef at egg station was always missing and food in heaters was stone cold. I was told this was because breakfast had been served at 3am for those observing Ramadan fasting. I'm ok with that but think they could have refreshed the buffet. Service is generally poor. When I arrived at CGK I had booked a transfer as my flight arrived late. Unfortunately when I arrived no driver to be found. Upon arrival at the hotel was told that it was my fault and that I should have checked with the non-existent transfer desk. Receptionist insisted that I pay for the transfer whic was not offered. I then received a phone call from reception at 1:30am to discuss the issue further. This went on for a few days until I spoke to the manager who offered to use the value of transfer for my trip back to the airport. Overall the hotel is nice but service very poor. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What shall I say, I loved it! It was exactly what I was expecting when I booked (pictures on the website are real not those pictures taken to trick you) and I was very pleased as I walked in to have booked an additional night!
I stayed there with friends this past July, we decided to visit Jakarta at the end of our trip, after Jogjakarta and Pandagaran where we had been staying in small/cheap backpackers hotel. I wanted to reward myself and picked the Morrissey (it is not that expensive though) and it was a great decision, very good value for money and would definetely stay there again if back in Jakarta.
Gorgeous lobby, which smells very nice and it is something you will appreciate after being in Jakarta's traffic basically holding your breath! The rooms are super cool, I am a fan of exposed bricks. A big plus for us was the laundry room on the 3rd floor, free of charge.
The pool area is beautiful, actually it was the pool who sold the hotel to me, stilish, lovely view and mostly empty!
The restaurant on the ground floor is also very nice, it is managed by Italians so you can be sure the Pizza is edible! What else? if anything maybe something could be done for the noise, I was on the 3rd floor and you could hear the traffic, but after a while you get used to it, plus I guess it would be impossible to get rid of that!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends