Morrissey Hotel Residences
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Cemara Hotel(Jakarta)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsocha bellastudio roomserviced apartmentmini kitchenjalan jaksasmall kitchenetterooftop poolelectric stovecooking facilitiescall to prayercentral jakartarestaurant downstairshome away from homelong stayinterior designmodern hotelrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Still amazing... Only stayed for one night for overnight, but wanted to taste a little bit of Jakarta for the short time. It is strategically located, near jalan Jaksa for international and jalan Sabang for Indonesian culinary, a lot of good restaurants and shopping malls nearby. I tried a street vendor satay in jalan sabang, and because the hotel has kitchenette in the room, I can take away the food and ate in my room. It was rather cheap and delicious. The laundrette is helpful for longer period and breakfast was great.
Agree with most of the other reviews, the swimming pool, design and furniture are the strong points of this hotel. Love it and recommend it.
But please note that the morning call from nearby mosque might disturb your sleep since the room is not really sound-proof. So does music from down stair restaurant (Ocha & Bella) for you who stay in street-facing room and need for early sleep.

Room Tip: If you need early sleep, avoid street-facing room for music from Ocha & Bella might disrupt your sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here during the weekend and booked the Studio Room. The hotel's location is good, since it's right smack in the city center.
The room is very nice, comfortable, and spacious. The kitchenette is a major plus, with electric stove & a microwave. The hotel's swimming pool is a great hangout place, although the water is very cold.
The only downside is that they don't have room service and the hotel cafe is not 24-hour. There is a hip eating place attached to the hotel, Ocha and Bella, but I find the food there a little bit overpriced. If you don't mind walking, nearby there is a very good German restaurant, Yaudah Bistro. The breakfast spread is OK, not a lot of choices, and they don't have pork bacon, but overall is alright, we had a good time. Will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the mosque, because the prayers' sounds can get a little bit too loud, especially at 4am in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Morissey hotel is located in downtown, transportation is easy, restaurants are near, shoppingmalls. But what makes me fall in love with this hotel is that it's a hotel with modern touch! nice design, nice furniture, nice vibe indeed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at Morrissey during my business trip to Jakarta in July. The hotel is centrally located with amazing view of downtown Jakarta from its 6th floor rooftop. Rooms are spacious and the staff is pleasant & helpful. Morning breakfast has good variety. It helps that the hotel is walking distance from shopping district and international chains like 7-11, Dunkin Donut, Starbuck etc. We were in Jakarta during Ramadan period & all the restaurants near the hotel were operating whole night long. In all it was a good, pleasant stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

My sister recommend me this Morrissey Hotel and Apartment during my 1 month stay in Jakarta. So I started to making contact with the management. They offered me a long stay package and the price is pretty reasonable. So I booked it.
Having no idea what kind of hotel is that I finally arrived there. The doorman kindly opening my car and took out my luggages from the luggage compartment. And warmly welcoming my arrival. Then I directly went to the receptionist counter to checked in, I was pretty amazed with a cute design they have in the lobby room, very modern with vintage touch. I liked it. When I reached the receptionist desk they have already all my documents including email conversations are printed and ready prior my arrival. No problem at all at the check in So they handed me the key and showing me my room number. The porter brought my luggages to my room. Not long after I entered my room the telephone rang, and it was the manager personally welcoming me (what a nice little touch).
The location is very central in the heart of Jakarta. Within walking distance you can go to one of the biggest mall in Jakarta. And within the area you can find any kind of food stall down the street. For sure you won't be starved ;)
There's two small things that I think is not up to my expectation are the gym that is not pretty much under my standard to be called gym. It has only one treadmill machine, and a couple of barbels. And the other thing is the washing machine. It takes forever to do laundry. Once I left it over night and the next morning it was not even dry. So I hope this could be in the hotel consideration in order to increase their value.

• Stayed: September 2012