“Great apartment hotel”

Morrissey Hotel Residences
Ranked #66 of 474 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Pros: Stayed there with my husband for 3 nights. I Like the set up/concept of the hotel, and that you could also do your own laundry. Apart from that it was a pretty nice place.friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.
it would have been nice if there had been a few more washing machines, since some of the guests didn't pick up their laundries when they were done. In this case they don't know the rules of using public laundry

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a night only. It's a good value,the room is very spacey and neat. Love the design and furniture too. I booked the hotel in the same day I arrived and almost all rooms are booked. I wanted a room with double bed but they don't have any left. When I arrived they managed to change my room from twins with double. Helpful staff. I have a pleasant stay in this hotel and definitely would go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Top, top quality all around. Hotel is outstanding. Nice, modern rooms. Staff is warm, service oriented and not overbearing. Restaurant is really good. I have stayed in the serviced apartments ,. Having stayed at several hotels in Jakarta, I am a huge fan of this one. Some general observations:

1. Service is outstanding throughout.

2. The location is perfect , Jakarta has horrible traffic (really really horrible) so stay as close as possible to your work location.
3. The internet is fast and good. Having to re-log in more often than you expect but is understandable.

4.Taxi easy to get

5. Restaurant Ocha & Bella is very popular and good.

6. Close to the main Sudirman thoroughfare, the Monas Sq and Grand Indonesia Mall

Highly recommended Place to stay , will visit again soon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The photos on the website dont do this place justice. I had the executive studio and was extremely impressed with the interior, the space, the cleanliness and the comfort. Although I would say Jakarta is not for every holiday traveller (if you like going off the beaten path then you'll the city) my stay at the morrissey really made my stay a whole lot better. Walking back into the hotel after a day out felt like i was home, so comforting.

The hospitality and friendliness i received from the staff at the hotel is the best i have experienced anywhere in the world, and i have literally travelled to 60+ countries on almost every continent.

I would normally stay at different hotels if i revisit any city however in the čase of jakarta i would definitely stay at the morrissey again (unless i had the cash to splurge on something like the mandarin oriental).

The rooms were extrémely well appointed and comfortable as was the lobby. The only things that were not overly impressive was the variety at breakfast (i had more variety in bali) būt its still decent, and the gym is not really a gym just a treadmill, cross trainer and dumb bells. If you plan on doing a proper workout theres the very well appointed fitness first platinum at grand indonesia.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I have many stayover nights in Jakarta, and this being the case I like to try different hotels in area I enjoy in the city. This was my first time staying at the Morrissey, I can say without reservation it was one of most comfortable hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in. The bed is a full mattress made for sound sleeping. Very neat and tidy suites accent the "homey' feel to the place. Priced fairly reasonable as well...I will stay here again...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I chose the Morrissey due to its close proximity to the office I was working in while in Jakarta. It offered excellent value for money and comfort and I was not disappointed in my stay.

My studio room was spacious and clean, perfect for the solo business traveler. The staff were helpful and friendly and available for all enquiries. On my first day I noticed that the door required some extra effort to lock properly and a maintenance man was sent immediately to fix the problem. Requests for taxis at reception were promptly acted on and advice and assistance from the reception staff, including updated wifi passwords each week was delivered with a friendly smile every time. I requested a late check-out on my final day and they were more than happy to help, updating my keycard on the spot and ensuring I was comfortable with the additional charges which were not extravagant.

My room was an a floor that appeared to allow smoking and there was some smell of it in the public corridors and in the rooms. I bought a small disposable air freshener to use for the length of my stay and didn't notice the smokey smell much after the first couple of days. My room was also facing the mosque nearby to Jalan Jaksa and the call to prayer was quite loud, but I soon became accustomed to it and didn't notice it much and was not woken by it during my stay.

Travelling alone for business means lots of meals out which can become tiring, so it is nice to have a small kitchenette where some meals could be prepared during my stay. Pots and pans, crockery and cutlery and cooking knives were all adequate.

The housekeeping staff were fantastic, patient with me when I was still in the room when they arrived to clean and quite flexible about returning at a time that was more convenient to me. My room was always cleaned well and the laundry service was also great.

The one thing that is missing from this hotel that would take it up to a 5 star review would be some form of room service for those times when you just want to flake out in front of the TV. Although it was certainly not difficult to grab quick meals in the neighborhood and the café downstairs was quite nice, its a bonus in hotels to pick up the phone to reception and order some food without having to think too much about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking level for your room and avoid rooms that face the nearby mosque if you are sen...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MyrrPurr
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here for one night during new year's eve. Booked through Agoda and got an excellent price for the 1-bedroom executive. My friends and I at 4 PM because the streets were blocked and jammed due to the DKI New Year's Eve Celebration preps. The check-in was pretty quick, considering that there are a lot of people checkin in as well with the same mindset as me and my friends, and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. They were all smiling and showing hospitality.
When we first entered the room, we were amazed and over-excited, taking photos to show our friends and family in Path and running up and down the stairs because the place is so nice, so clean, and of course it is exciting because it's new year's eve! The 1-bedroom executive is not really big, but enough to host a small lunch/dinner get-together for around 10 ppl since the bedroom is on the 2nd floor. Then when we started opening our suitcases, we heard someone rang the bell - the hotel staff gave us party hats and paper trumpets donned in silver and black. (as the hotel was having "The Great Gatsby" theme that time)!
One problem is that the HDTV function on the TVs (both in the living room and the bedroom) won't seem to work! I tried plugging in my PS3, even called a technician, but nothing seemed to work. I only brought blu-rays, but the DVD player couldn't play blu-ray, so I was like, ok whatever.
And then my friends came for dinner and we started cooking and spreading out snacks. The kitchen is small and simple, but enough to cook simple dishes - stove and microwave works well, but the electric kettle was leaking so we called room service and she checked on it, and quickly replaced it with another that functioned well.
My two friends who came for dinner got stuck in the rain and they used the free laundry on the 3rd floor, which they said was excellent.
I also brought an iPhone speaker to play music and we're pretty sure that we're super noisy, but nobody complained even though we were told that there were other guests in the next room - meaning that the room is soundproofed pretty well (the bellboy also told this to us during check-in). I read the other reviews and they complained about the mosque noise and everything, but we stayed on the 4th floor and we heard nothing. I guess the executive rooms like the one I stayed in are pretty well insulated. And the other people were partying as well, I think - as I heard music and noises blasting out of their rooms when I pass by people coming out of their room (and again, it's new year's eve). But the corridors are very quiet (almost like deserted).
The pool area on the rooftop is also nice - too bad I didn't bring my bathing suit! But a lot of people stays in the hotel at that time so there are lots of little kids running around splashing us. We also go up for the new year's countdown and see amazing fireworks display.
The breakfast was good, the food is just simple with not much variation but the taste is really good.
Overall, we had a really nice stay in Morrissey. When we packed up our stuffs I felt sad and wished that I have booked for a few more nights. It certainly feels homey and relaxing, and makes you forget all the stresses that you've left at home or work. Other than tourists visiting Jakarta, I'm also suggesting Morrissey for people who wished to go for a little getaway with friends or family when you feel that you're stuck in a rut, but can't afford to go out of town due to work/school demands.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends