“Spacious and sun-lit rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morrissey Hotel Residences

Morrissey Hotel Residences
Ranked #52 of 450 Hotels in Jakarta
“Spacious and sun-lit rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel. Just like other hotels along Wahid Hasyim Street, the location is very strategic, close to almost everywhere and especially not much traffic on the street like other streets in Jakarta. What i enjoyed the most is the spacious and sun-lit room. The morning sun light brings new and fresh life to the guests. It also provides good city view of other tall building along Thamrin Sreet. Staffs are friendly, strong and easy to set up internet connection. I highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to staying in this hotel in the future with my wife.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Came back here after a year. Some changes has been made.

Pros:
Location is very central. Near to restaurants, shops, bank, etc.
Room size (studio) is big enough.
Perfect for family
Easy access with public transport
friendly staff

Cons
Breakfast area had been changed to ocha bella restaurant.
Quality of the food at breakfast isnt too fresh. Grilled veggies for examples i think they were made early morning or left over from last night. Thus tasted to damp and yucky.
I was in studio room 530. Beware that room has aircon that didnt work very well i have to called a technician to repaired it and still didnt work well.
Ocha bella restaurant is now having live music. So if u are after a quiet evening to rest then consider another hotel to stay.

If i have a better option i would go somewhere else. The quality is decreasing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Mr./Mrs. I am Glow,

Thanking you for your recent feedback, we are pleased to hear on your compliment towards our team.
However, we regret to hear on your unconvenience experienced during breakfast. Every customer is very important to us.
In the same time thank you for your feedback on the Air Condition which have been rectified.

Mr./Mrs. I am Glow, once again thank you for your constructive feedback, through you we are able to improve our daily operations.

You are very much welcome to write to me through my email address at ivy.thema@iammorrissey.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very friendly and welcoming staff, well located hotel in Central Jakarta. I got an upgrade to a room with living room downstairs and an en-suite bedroom upstairs. Also had one of the cute little dog statuettes that are dotted all over the hotel. Pretty good place if you want to cook for yourself or do your own laundry. Nice pool on the 6th floor. Overall a pretty goof hotel for the money. No complaints though I wouldn't go as far as describing it as totally hip n trendy. Nice place and I would consider using it again depending on what part of Jakarta I was interested in seeing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr./Mrs. Ecosse,

Thanking you for your recent review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the warm greetings of our team, the atmosphere, and the facilities.

I had personally extended your compliments to our colleagues and am certain that it will encourage all of us to do even better.

Looking forward to welcome you back , our new family member 'ED' will be excited to explore and show you the surrounding. For more information, visit us at iammorrissey.com

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last week (21 - 22 March, room number 514 under name Ayu Kartika Sari) with my friends. I like the atmosphere at the time I entered the lobby. Clean, minimalist and not too much. When I checked in, the staff name fita assist me to register and so on and she asked me to put a deposit Rp 500,000. I dont want to put a deposit so I asked her to close the minibar. She said it is impossible. She refused. Okay, so I gave her my friend's credit card detail with its cvv code but she said they need the physical card. She insisted me to wait untill I get the deposit. What makes me dissapointed was when I stayed at Pullman Jakarta (which is 5 stars) they do not insist me to put a deposit. And, finally i gave her the deposit. I paid by my atm card, but SADLY and what ASHAME they cannot accept debit via BCA atm card. And soooo I have to walk by foot approximately about 50 meters out of the hotel to find ATM centre and back again to the hotel and paid by cash. I should have give them 5 stars because of the good breakfast and nice spacious room if only they had the check in procedure change. As I work in hotel industries too, I understand it was a standard procedure but I hope they could get more easy with it.

1 Thank AyuKartikaSari
bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

An interesting hotel with excellent rooms where you can cook your own food. I would suggest you do so as the 'restaurant' where you have breakfast and can have dinner is a joke. They would be better putting a breakfast in the fridge.
The staff were excellent in the hotel, dreadful in the restaurant. The design of the hotel is unusual and pleasing with old and new motorcycles around along with various interesting articles. Getting a cab in the morning can be a challenge. I would suggest ordering one in advance.
All in worth a visit but you have been warned about the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Mr. Miles,

Thanking you for your recent review. We are glad to learn that you are overall pleased with the look and feel of our property, especially the service from our team.
However it is unfortunate to hear on your disappointment towards breakfast at the Restaurant.
We have taken note and shared it with our partner.
With a great pleasure we are looking forward to welcome you back and serve you even better.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

From the moment you enter until the time you check-out, you'll be mesmerized with the design and attention to details.... definitely a super hip & cool place to be when your in jakarta.... the service was awesome and the rooms are superb. will definitely come back here again!!!

Room Tip: a must place to try whenever your in Jakarta!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Halifax west yorkshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights in March 2014 as part of a bigger holiday around South East Asia.

We booked their shuttle through golden bird to collect us from hotel at £15 which was a bit steep once we realised the cost of living in Jakarta but otherwise we had an enjoyable stay in the Morrissey apartments.

The rooms are clean smart and the staff friendly and helpful. It feels like a hotel really with reception and breakfast as you would expect. The lobby is modern with vintage 1900 era pieces of furniture and electricals such as gramaphones and radios on display. There are some interesting old books to browse away the hours.

The location is near other tourist hotels and felt safe though there isn't much on the tourist trail to do in Jakarta. The accommodation reception which is always open provided us with a map which has all the routes of local buses on so relatively easy to get around. The price is fixed at 18p so it's a cheap if congested way to get around.

We could recommend a stay at the Morrissey serviced apartments.