“Very stylish but room could have been cleaner”

Morrissey Hotel Residences
Ranked #55 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Very stylish but room could have been cleaner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

A stylish but unpretentious hotel in central Jakarta, at walking distance from Sarinah Mall and Museum Nasional - the area around is not very attractive, though, but that's Jakarta. It includes a good Italian restaurant called Ocha&Bella with excellent food at very reasonable price (exquisite pizzas, but watered juices ...). Very good breakfast: they tend to make their own food, even bread, focaccia, dumplings and stuff, so everything tastes very fresh. Nice top-floor pool with amazing views over the city. Our room was very stylish and well designed, but could have been cleaner (esp. shower and wardrobes) and some of the furniture looked a bit worn out. A light bulb did not work, we asked for it to be fixed, which they did not do; don't get me wrong though, the overall service was excellent and everybody was super-nice. Our floor was not noisy, but chants and lamentations from the neighboring Mosque woke us at early morn. Not the hotel's fault. The shade was not efficient either, as threy was a lot of light coming in in the morning. Overall, a 3-star hotel with many 4-star qualities (pool, interior design, restaurant).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marco P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

LOVED morrissey serviced apartment, can imagine living in this cosy, modern room forever. Although small in space, everything is mostly minimalist (great space planning) with a contemporary touch.

Great breakfast buffet spread, and friendly staff as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SethLui
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I came to this hotel on April 3 2014...I Knew This hotel from my friend who stay in jakarta.When I Arrived in this hotel the staff very,very warm welcome.I try to showing the room and Hotel Facilities for my friend who want to stay in this hotel.and I assist by Mr.Ridwan ( FO Staff) He is really Polite and profesional,He is give a lot of information about this hotel and I went to funtastic bussiness center and I met with The Banquet staff Mr.Yudi..He is very kind and polite.....Even Im not stay in this hotel but they are very helpful and respect to the guest.Thanks for the service...Mr Ridwan and Mr.Yudi deserve to be The best Employee in this hotel..Bravo :) :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Staycation at this hotel sometime in february .. Breakfast at ocha bella was superb, hotel staffs were beyond expectations! Friendliness and being attentive for minor details! What helped us most was the speedful internet connection which enabled us to stay in touch with our works at all times! A perfect wkend stayover for my family and I...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Madam_Anita
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staying at this hotel regularly for quite sometimes, I just think they deserved my review now to share my experience!~ The location is perfect for those who want easy access to major points in Jakarta for leisure and business. The Staff is super friendly and very attentive. Last march i was staying for couple of days, and got a friendly chat with the General Manager of the hotel as well, she is very nice! Oh another thing that I love about this hotel is the restaurant, Ocha & Bela, it's a japanese italian fusion that has some of the most authentic dishes as well as the new flavour as the food fusion kicks in. What else? the room? is very spacious and clean, apartment like facilities, makes me feel warm and comfort. Definitely will go stay again!!

Room Tip: I would pick the double bedrooms if you stay as family, they have the Largebed for the mom and dad a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel. Just like other hotels along Wahid Hasyim Street, the location is very strategic, close to almost everywhere and especially not much traffic on the street like other streets in Jakarta. What i enjoyed the most is the spacious and sun-lit room. The morning sun light brings new and fresh life to the guests. It also provides good city view of other tall building along Thamrin Sreet. Staffs are friendly, strong and easy to set up internet connection. I highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to staying in this hotel in the future with my wife.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Came back here after a year. Some changes has been made.

Pros:
Location is very central. Near to restaurants, shops, bank, etc.
Room size (studio) is big enough.
Perfect for family
Easy access with public transport
friendly staff

Cons
Breakfast area had been changed to ocha bella restaurant.
Quality of the food at breakfast isnt too fresh. Grilled veggies for examples i think they were made early morning or left over from last night. Thus tasted to damp and yucky.
I was in studio room 530. Beware that room has aircon that didnt work very well i have to called a technician to repaired it and still didnt work well.
Ocha bella restaurant is now having live music. So if u are after a quiet evening to rest then consider another hotel to stay.

If i have a better option i would go somewhere else. The quality is decreasing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Mr./Mrs. I am Glow,

Thanking you for your recent feedback, we are pleased to hear on your compliment towards our team.
However, we regret to hear on your unconvenience experienced during breakfast. Every customer is very important to us.
In the same time thank you for your feedback on the Air Condition which have been rectified.

Mr./Mrs. I am Glow, once again thank you for your constructive feedback, through you we are able to improve our daily operations.

You are very much welcome to write to me through my email address at ivy.thema@iammorrissey.com

Ivy Thema