“Cockroaches in my room”

Ranked #54 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Cockroaches in my room”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked a studio room for the night during Lebaran as a quick escape from home while staying in the city. The room was very trendy and modern, however, there were a couple of things that made the experience very poor:

- Bed was not really comfortable
- WiFi wasn't working properly
- Cockroach in the bathroom and shower

When checking out, the front desk staff was not helpful at all, particularly when it came to settling the bill. Left the hotel more stressed than when I checked in, which was not the purpose of the stay at all. Waste of money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rully H, Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Indopiort,

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am sorry to hear your unpleasant experience. Following on your comment we have done all necessary action to resolve the problem.
We are intensively work on the pest control programs, bedding improvement are progressing very soon and ensuring our Wifi are works properly.
We will continue to improve our service and facilities, we do hope to see you again soon here.

Sincerely Yours,

Rully Arga Harahap
General Manager In-charge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pretty much everything about this place is top notch. The rooms are clean, modern, stylish and spacious, the service is excellent and the breakfast is special - best omelettes I have ever tasted. The restuarant is packed with locals attesting to its quality.

Unfortunately the local mosque insists on broadcasting its service with stadium size loud speakers, even at 4 in the morning. The evening prayer sessions go on and on and on but were usually finished by 10.30 pm. Am unsure if all this is only during Ramadan but it would also affect all hotels and the numerous hostels in the Jalan Jaksa area. Light sleepers beware.

But overall is an excellent establishment. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the mosque.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the best hotels that i've been. Wonderfull design and staff. I have to say that Bambang is one of the best hotel staff, always very attentive and ready to help, one of the nicest person that I met in Jakarta.

• Stayed July 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had made a review about this hotel, but I don't know why it's not posted yet. But I am making again since I love this property, has a nice design, nice lobby, nice restaurant, but the problem is the room that we got (studio) was so dirty, toilet has mold, all cutleries are dirty, presentation is bad, desk table is dirty, has so many cigarette marks. Really disappointed since the property is amazing.
Need more attention in housekeeping department!
I was staying for 3 days

Room Tip: Just check everything in the room before you start to use it!
2 Thank Maringan
Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I really like the interior of this hotel well designed with good price for room
One of the nicest in Jkt
However I was highly disappointed by the front desk staff
I left my hp in the taxi I took to get to the hotel
Upon reaching I seeked help from front desk but the gentleman was less than helpful as he claimed he can't reach anyone from the taxi's office after just one call and don't seem bothered seeing how troubled and lost I was!!
Seemed not to care at all!!
Fortunately I hv another phone with me and decided to make the ( international ) call myself and got connected with the taxi company
Got my hp back after agreeing to pay for the taxi to return which I was pleased to do
I'm actually at this point looking for a hotel to stay for my visit next month and was tempted to stay here until I remembered what happened
Lovely hotel but I won't bet my money on it for its cold and careless staff
Just as bad as the traffic around the hotel
My sincere opinion
Hope things have changed and staff well trained by now

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Haaz69
Augustina S, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Haaz69,

Thank you so much for your feed back.
I am truly sorry to hear your experience during your stay.
How ever we are happy to hear that you are able to retrived your phone.
Allow me to get in contact with you directly. Please send me your phone number or email address to: rully.h@iammorrissey.com.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Rully Arga Harahap
General Manager Incharge
Reviewed 5 July 2014

So, let's get the bad stuff out of the way first:
(1) Where the hotel is located are mosques (in the plural) and as it is a relatively low building, you will hear the calls to prayer. Reception happily provides you with earplugs upon request but they are not the most comfortable things to sleep with at night.
(2) Acoustics within the room aren't great either. For some reason, only a louvred door is provided for the bathroom so you get to hear all the intimate goings-on that no one else should have to hear no matter how close you are to each other.
(3) Acoustics outside the room in the hallway also bear improving. Notice a theme going on hear (pardon the pun)?

So that all said, it is an interesting hotel to stay in. Decor is interesting without being over the top. It shows humour and thought.

Service was good. We were always greeted with smiles and requests were always acceded to graciously and efficiently.

The breakfast provided was middle-of-the-road -- neither the best nor the worst around. It could do with improving just by giving it as much thought as they have with the interiors and the service.

Would I stay at Morrissey again? I'm torn -- I would love to but all that noise from without and within really makes me hesitate. Your decision should be based around whether you are a light or deep sleeper. Apart from that, its a thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: Choose a room on as high a floor as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawn C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for a few days . Located in a safe location . Room is nice with hi ceiling . Unobstructed pool and gym view. Staffs greeted you with smiles . Something to improve on, is the shower towels , some of them seem a bit on the aging side . Ironing Board need changing , it's not flat

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Soontong
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Mr. SoonTong,

Thanking you for your recent review. We are very happy that you are overall pleased with our services. We are currently up-grading our new branding look and rest assure that towels and iron board are in our list.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. we are looking forward to see you again in near future.

Ivy Thema